Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2221

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    This is a question rather than news, but I wasn't sure where else to post it. Does anyone know how to find out when movies go from theaters to streaming/rentals? I've been trying to see Licorice Pizza since it came out but just haven't been able to get to the theater, and now there are a bunch of other movies playing I want to see in the theater as well. I figure Licorice Pizza has been out for a while now, so I would expect it to be available to rent pretty soon, but I can't find any dates. I'm assuming the Oscar nominations will probably keep it in theaters a little longer.
    It's going to vary from studio-to-studio (and everything is in-flux at the moment), but it's typically been 15–70 days during 2020–2022. Some major studios have adopted a 45 day theater-exclusive, as it does seem to strike a happy medium. I don't know about you, but 6 months+ was a little excessive.

More direct to Licorice Pizza, it should (hopefully) be available VOD the first week of March. This Wal-Mart link seems to confirm the rumor that the BD/DVD is coming March 15 (there's no release date but look at when it says you can recieve it by), and streaming is usually 2 weeks before that.

If we look at something like Drive My Car, which was released theatrically around the same time, that will be coming to HBO Max on March 2nd. I know Licorice Pizza is MGM/Amazon, but it seems like a fair comparison.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I figure Licorice Pizza has been out for a while now, so I would expect it to be available to rent pretty soon
    Double post to let you know Licorice Pizza is now on those evil sites where you steal digital content. Still expecting it to be official around the first week of March.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Double post to let you know Licorice Pizza is now on those evil sites where you steal digital content. Still expecting it to be official around the first week of March.
    I watched it Saturday night! Haha. Appreciate you letting me know though.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Holy shit: I smell Oscars.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Twisted Metal show is happening.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

This... THIS... THIS... I'll watch.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

The art style looks interesting, I guess? Not sure how this got greenlit so many years after the original but hey.
    In April 2014, Antonio Banderas, the voice of Puss, said that the work on the sequel had just begun.
    holy crap, eight years since work begun?

Also Guillermo is the dog?! That actually made me more interested for some reason. lol

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Apparently it was not part of a joke. It was real. Oh dear... awkward.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Apparently it was not part of a joke. It was real. Oh dear... awkward.
    Today in "Fucking around and finding out".... Do not make jokes about disability.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    And Academy Award winner Will Smith is crying his eyes out right now and I'm bawling too.

Chris Rock, we're staring at you.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There will be lawyers…

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "At your highest moment be careful, that's when the devil comes for you."

Bless you, Denzel; we don't deserve you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I mean, it's entirely possible Chris Rock didn't know she had alopecia. I fucking didn't know until this happened.
    Edit: Just looked at a longer clip. Apparently Will Smith laughed at the joke, but realized his wife wasn't having it, so that's why he decided to go up there and slap Chris. Probably should have slapped himself as well for laughing. But of course this popped in my mind while I watched it
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 03-27-2022 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Not that anyone cares but here are my 2 cents:

That was a very low joke. Joking about someone's disability, that's low in my book. But freedom of speech blah blah blah. And maybe Rock's mini monologue was improvised and he made that distasteful joke in the heat of the moment.

I feel for Smith, I really do. This was his night; the biggest achievement of his career... and this happens. Nothing justify putting his hands on someone else. That's the law. He is in the wrong. And it was heartbreaking to watch him speak but... he's the wrong one. If Will hadn't punched him, Chris would still have look like an ass.

Where's the nekkid guy running across the stage when you need him?

Oh hey, my man Denis Villeneuve's Dune won 6 Oscars!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    He literally laughed at the joke. He's just as guilty as Chris

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    All the people who are "Team Will" at this point are ridiculous. The joke was shit, and Chris Rock should have totally been called out about it later on, but that moment was all about Will and his ego. It wasn't about Jada or standing up for women. He did it for himself.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Whoa, WHAT the fuck? I just heard about this.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Sorry, but Will looked like an idiot tonight. Horrible to see physical abuse gets rewarded like that.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Well, fuck it, my 2 cents....

First off, jokes are jokes. You gotta be able to laugh at your appearance. Look, I know its obviously harder for women because it's more rare. But all this about her having a disability? She's going bald. When a dude goes bald its always fodder for a punchline but now when its a rich, famous, attractive, talented hollywood star that happens to be a woman it's a disability now? Fuck that. She's bald, that's it. You can see her scalp. Whoopty fuckin do. It's an insult to people who have real disabilities.

Secondly, fuck Will Smith for standing up there acting indignant and talking about shining a fucking light in the world right after making one of the most blatant public assault displays probably ever. You don't get to sit there and act self righteous like you're some kind of shining light to the world after some shit like that. And shame on the oscars for not having him removed from the venue immediately. A regular person pulls some shit like that at an office party? They get fired.

If he would have stood up and used his words (ie, brain) to call out Rock then I don't think there would be a problem. Small minds resort to shit like that. And to make it even worse he didn't even approach Chris Rock like a man. He faked like he was up to some joke and bitch smacked him.

Lastly, everyone should recognize just how much of a fucking professional Chris Rock was in that moment. He kept the show going and the oscars should have to publicly apologize to him and they should be thanking him for his professional reaction. He got smacked in the face without warning and in less than a second he was laughing his ass off and making a joke about it being the best moment in television history while little willy went back to his seat to cry. And considering the fact Will Smith is about twice the size of Rock I think its funny he took that slap on the chin like it was nothing at all. Shit, I'd have probably fallen right over and I'm nowhere near as small as Rock.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 03-28-2022 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    It's an insult to people who have real disabilities.
    You, uh... know alopecia is an autoimmune disease, right?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    "Alopecia areata is considered to be an autoimmune disease, although with far less disability and severity than a condition like lupus erythematosus or autoimmune hepatitis."

And from the NAAF...

"Alopecia areata is not medically disabling; persons with alopecia areata are usually in excellent health. But emotionally, this disease can be challenging, especially for those with extensive hair loss."

And just to be clear, Jada herself did absolutely nothing wrong in this situation. It's Will Smith that lost his shit and committed a crime.
    Furthermore, I didn't find the joke funny, I mean GI Jane? That's all you got. But some people are defending Smith as if a baldness/alopecia joke warrants physical assault. It doesn't. A joke in poor taste is one thing, physical violence is another I think.

People are using Jada and making her a victim when its really Will that made this such a huge issue by acting like a child. I think her eye roll was appropriate.

And she seems to have a good attitude about her hair loss herself. In her own words...

“Now, at this point, I can only laugh,” Pinkett Smith said in an Instagram video at the time. “Y’all know I’ve been struggling with alopecia and just all of a sudden one day, look at this line right here. Look at that. So it just showed up like that and this is going to be a little bit more difficult for me to hide. So I thought I’d just share it so y’all are not asking any questions.”

She added: “But you know mama’s going to put some rhinestones in there. I’m going to make me a little crown. That’s what mama’s going to do.”

And also, if I am missing information about this particular condition then I will stand corrected. But from what I understand it doesn't affect physical health AT ALL. Just like when men go bald it has to do with hormones and their effect on the immune system causes the hair to not grow back after it falls out.

Also, GI Jane was badass, so theres that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Interesting that Diddy was the next presenter right after this happened. He is known for slapping the shit out of people.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Norm Macdonald and Ricky Gervais ladies and gentleman. Bad jokes and roasting have always been in bad taste. But because Will Smith's bones are made out of insecure soup, he goes and assaults someone instead, and then gets to SIT BACK DOWN like nothing happened... Where are we?

Will Smith literally laughed at it and then back peddled because Jada made a resting bitch face.

Isn't everyone tired of hearing about these two already? It's pathetic at this point.

Also, seems like Rock isn't pressing charges... Didn't expect him to, but damn...
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 03-28-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Big oof all around. I bet everyone involved wish they could have taken everything back.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Four years before she died, my Mother suffered from alopecia. I'm sure this was a mixture of her hypertension from not only years of being an administrator to a nursing home, but her fear of every time she went to the doctor ... she was a heavy smoker. Unlike Jada, she wore wigs to cover up her baldness and patchiness. She would've looked beautiful bald, as does Jada.

The joke was dry and outdated, but also harmless and nearly a compliment if you think about it. GI Jane was a strong woman.

The issue was Will. He was caught on camera yucking it up at the joke until he saw his wife's eye roll, and for whatever reason decided to openly do the most unprofessional thing in his entire professional career. Clearly something has been off with this guy over the last decade or so.

I said it before, but I'm just grossed out at how physical assault was displayed on TV and rewarded regardless of your behaviors. I'm sure the Oscars were in a tough spot with him knowingly winning an award later, but he should've been removed from the ceremony on account of his actions and behavior. Some backstage hand could've easily have written a statement about celebrating his win, but that the Oscars are no place for violence ... you know the thing they tweeted out after the show was over.

I think at the end of the day, this bugs me more than it should because macho tough guy shit while being all sly and sneaky (look at how Will walks up to Chris as if he's doing a bit) really irritates me.

Chris Rock was a real pro, you could tell he wanted to tear Will down and he's audibly heard going "Oh, I could ..." probably to producers who are telling him to "PLEASE DON'T DO ANY OTHER JOKES ABOUT WILL RIGHT NOW"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

ah.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Yeah, but it's an autoimmune disease also known as "hair loss," and POSSIBLY, some weakening of the nails. It ain't lupus or psoriatic arthritis or fibromyalgia.

My mom has it, and it sucks.

But jesus fuck. Will's a professional, and ALSO, these kinds of jokes are often par for the course for Hollywood circle jerks like this.

What's worse is, Will's speech was basically "I hit Chris Rock, just like the character I played would have done" imho, if you read between the lines.

I love Will Smith. He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper, was the first album I ever had that was my own.

But yeah. That wasn't very cool.
    If he was that amped, screaming 'keep my wife's name out of your fucking mouth' would have been enough, although even THAT would have been kind of crazy.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So I know of a Will Smith, he's on a few podcasts I listen to. He's also white.

The internet, however, is full of stupid people.

https://twitter.com/willsmith

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The Academy is lauching a formal review of Will Smith:https://variety.com/2022/film/news/o...3i6JB3I_wpyMAs

I don't think Smith understood what Denzel meant when he told him about the "devil". Chris Rock was not the devil, Will Smith himself was. Denzel knows that you can be your own worst enemy, especially when it seems like you've made it to the top and nothing stands in your way. Will Smith did this to himself.

As for the question of security and Smith not being thown out: I don't know how many of you were watching live as I was but when all of this unfolded, I was genuinely confused. Was this for real or fake? What just happened? It took some time for the whole incident to sink in. And it's being reported that during the break the producer of the show went to speak to Smith. Maybe the producer is the guy who had the last word about keeping Smith inside?

Althought his jokes were tasteless, Chris Rock did behave like a true professional even if he was visibly shaken. And that he was shaken was the first hint that the incident was real.