Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Director picked for movie based on video game 'Shadow of The Colossus.

DO NOT FUCK THIS UP. The game is too damn awesome.
    I completely agree! I loved this game and have always wanted to see a movie adaption.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't think it'll work since the story is very vague and lacks dialog.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Fuck that franchise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I don't think it'll work since the story is very vague and lacks dialog.
    Notables examples that come to mind are Eraserhead and Valhalla Rising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Old news but new confirmation. Cronenberg, Mortensen and Cassel all returning for Eastern Promises sequel (to start filming soon).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also Brian De Palma and Noomi Rapace with a Pino Donaggio score and Almodovar's cinematographer Jose Luis Alcaine in PASSION.

To me De Palma's train wreck films are more enjoyable and interesting than a lot of other films that get released.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    Notables examples that come to mind are Eraserhead
    I haven't seen the other film, but with Eraserhead, you at least have the abstractness and creepy atmosphere, where in SOTC you have riding a horse.... lots and lots of riding a horse....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't seen the other film, but with Eraserhead, you at least have the abstractness and creepy atmosphere, where in SOTC you have riding a horse.... lots and lots of riding a horse....
    Fair enough; I'm not really familiar with SOTC. I watched my friend do one boss battle, and that's the most I've ever seen from the game.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Salvation was horrible, not worthy of the franchise. Neither was T3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't forget all the huge fuck-off monsters. There was something always unsettling about riding alongside a beast that was the size of a tall building.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    This is one WHAT.THE.FUCK. news indeed but I do believe I an even better one:

The Exorcist to be remade as a 10 episode TV series

Allow me to shout this again: DA FUCK????

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainme...into-two-films

A few days ago we reported that Morgan Creek and Roy Lee were planning to produce a TV series remake of The Exorcist, written and directed by Martha Marcy May Marlene‘s Sean Durkin. Since the story broke on Vulture it’s unclear what the original source was, but we’ve just received a message from William Peter Blatty, who wrote the original novel and screenplay, assuring us that the rumours are “utterly false”. According to Blatty, it would be impossible for Morgan Creek to produce the show as the rights still belong to Blatty himself.

Interestingly, it seems that Blatty and The Exorcist director William Friedkin are planning to do something with those rights, which means that we might still see an Exorcist TV show with the original creators behind it. In the same message, Blatty states that the 2009 announcement of a miniseries written and directed by himself is still a potential plan, though not one that has come to fruition yet.

Friedkin and I have a new miniseries remake script that we hope will one day be picked up.

Either the Durkin miniseries was just a false story, or it’s a real plan and we’re about to see the beginning of a rights dispute. Personally I’m rooting for Blatty and Friedkin’s version to get made, and for Blatty to once again cast Brad Dourif in a villain role. You can never have enough Dourif.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Tempting to say they need Cameron helming the ship to keep it away from icebergs, but personally I thought the Sarah Connor Chronicles series was amazing while it lasted. One thing's for sure, having Schwarzenegger isn't going to make one iota of difference, aside from grabbing a little more attention. Summer Glau did a better job of the guardian robot in my humble opinion.

Interesting note though: "It does follow 'Salvation' - although some of the producers and franchise owner were not too happy about the job McG did with it, but they felt it was good enough to continue on and they want the fifth and sixth installments to be the closing of the franchise." Quoted from Arnie, apparently.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://www.shortlist.com/entertainme...into-two-films

Stephen King's 'It' to be made into Two Films

Jane Eyre's Cary Fukunaga to direct

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Lienert View Post
    Don't forget all the huge fuck-off monsters. There was something always unsettling about riding alongside a beast that was the size of a tall building.
    Of course I won't, but the thing is, how are you going to make the riding sections to the colossi entertaining to mainstream audience?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Terminator 3 in my opinion has always been severely underrated. Its nowhere near as good as the first two, but compared to Rise of the Machines.....
    Something really melancholic and sparse and eerie about it. Its like this dark journey into the abyss.....The action sequences were stunning, i really liked Nick Stahl and Clare Danes too.
    Only problem was the female terminator, she didnt feel or look right. The whole project had this sort of depressed vibe like the producers knew it hadnt really come together.....but they were giving it the best shot anyway.
    And under the circumstances they diid a rather good job....i would give it a 7.5/10......

Hated what McG did on Rise of the Machines with a passion, almost as bad as Transformers 2 .Harry Knowles review summed it.
    That scene were Sam Worthington plays the Alice in Chains song Rooster, my Jaw was on the floor 'what the fuck were they doing'!
    I felt some of the critics were not scathing enough at the time... it deserves more hate.
    It was one of the worst Blockbusters i have ever seen.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Anything McG does as a filmmaker is shit. Terminator: Salvation is truly one of the worst films ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of course I won't, but the thing is, how are you going to make the riding sections to the colossi entertaining to mainstream audience?
    I'd imagine they'd have to tie in some sort of character, that educates the Hero about the certain Colossi that he is about to face.

Other than that, always go for a RIDING MONTAGE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only post T2 Terminator that is any good is The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

FACT.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Didn't know where else to stick this, but thought it'd fit here.

20 on set photos from movies that will change the way you see them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    Hopefully the video game adaptation of Wreck-It Ralph also includes the original 8-bit game.
    Well, heck..... here it is:

http://disney.go.com/wreck-it-ralph/#/fixitfelix

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Well, there goes one of the most anticipated movies of my life.

Jim Carey's a spoiled asshole and Dumb and Dumber 2 is probably dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^ That fucking sucks.

Not really sure if this is exactly news but here's the first picture of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent. I'm curious about this movie now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Well, there goes one of the most anticipated movies of my life.

Jim Carey's a spoiled asshole and Dumb and Dumber 2 is probably dead.
    Words cannot express my disappointment. This probably won't sink in until a few days from now when I'll burst into tears and die of sadness.

That Bill & Ted sequel better fucking happen now. It's the only thing that could come close to filling the hole in my heart.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's a huge bummer.

I have read some speculation that Carrey is bluffing in order to get more money out of WB. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's all it is and the movie will still happen. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The first trailer for Dredd is out:

A little bit on the boring side if I might say...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It would have been great if Clint Eastwood was cast as Dredd Sr.
    Either that, or have a family photo of Clint somewhere in Dredd's apartment/house. Maybe a scene where Dredd picks up the photo and starts talking to it, searching for direction from his father.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That trailer has no substance in it. Disappointing.

However, it's interesting to see Lena Headey (or Cersei Lannister from 'Game of Thrones') as a villain in this.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It was good to see Olivia Thirlby do some ass-kicking but I don't know. She needs to go back to indies. Fortunately, I am writing a project for her.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Maybe someday, many years from now, Duncan Jones will finally make his version of Judge Dredd:

http://gordonandthewhale.com/judge-d...-its-director/