Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was awesome! Although the best part of the story may have been DeVito throwing cheese at people. That guy is hilarious.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah, but will it not suck?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    ...and here's the whole thing

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

After reading this, I wondered on why they decide to make it pg13 in the first place. When T2 came out, me and my friends went to see it, and they toyline was everywhere.

An R rating doesnt mean anything really.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Matthew Vaughn to direct X-Men First Class sequel.

I hope it's true because he did a tremendous job on First Class.

But the real question is: can my ovaries survive another round of the McAvoy/Fassbender bromance?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Alright this will be longish but worth reading for the lulz...
    Reading stuff like this I always wonder...at what point do those people lose all sense of reality, of perspective? The actors that behave like dictators on the set, those who terrorise the crew, or those who come with insane demands (like a crate full of bottled water from the fountain of youth of Tlacopan and/or a pair of Hungarian ceremonial horses as their butlers or whatever) and have fits if those demands are not satisfied...I have to believe they were not like this from the start. Is there a point where they go *click* and suddenly they feel entitled to godhood? I mean, it's one thing to be an arrogant dick, I can accept that, but to go all berserk on account of ridiculous stuff (like that cotton candy example, or Broderick's insane reaction), that thing really confounds me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The thing that blows me away, is as insane as the things I saw on that set, I bet you a billion dollars that's NOTHING compared to some of the shit that goes down on sets with the big stars. It's the Britney Spears syndrome...what I always say is that yeah like you said, a lot of people were like that to begin with. Take 1,000 people off of the street. Now give them access to shitloads of money, drugs, parties, etc. etc. and have a bunch of 'yes men' telling them how great they are. How many of that 1,000 people will just go bonkers? Probably a pretty high percentage.

I've been on a few other sets, been an extra on Caprica, been on the set of Fringe...everyone on those sets were literally the NICEST people (especially the Fringe crew/cast) but all it takes is one big star that's a maniac lol.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Matthew Vaughn to direct X-Men First Class sequel.

I hope it's true because he did a tremendous job on First Class.
    Does not compute.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Does not compute.
    Please don't tell me you think X3 or Origins were better.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I like to think the series ended with the second one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    ...and here's the whole thing

I guess they cut the bit where they dig up John Hughes and violate his corpse from the final cut...
    Last edited by Bonedwarf; 01-31-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Because I'm anal retentive

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I've been on a few other sets, been an extra on Caprica, been on the set of Fringe...everyone on those sets were literally the NICEST people (especially the Fringe crew/cast) but all it takes is one big star that's a maniac lol.
    Bullshit. You can't tell me Joshua Jackson wasn't parading around the set screaming at people, "I was Pacey on Dawson's Creek! Bow before Pacey!" I don't believe it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Can we kill Adam Sandler now?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    queen frostine better be as foxy as her animated counterpart. can we start a thread about weird cartoon crushes from ages 5-10?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    queen frostine better be as foxy as her animated counterpart. can we start a thread about weird cartoon crushes from ages 5-10?
    I had a weird crush on Brock from the animated Pokemon series....

Yeahh....

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The Bourne Legacy trailer is out

I can't wait to see this movie. I really enjoyed the first 3 movies; the cast of this one is solid; it can't go wrong... right?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh look at that: double post!

Space:1999 to be remade for TV as Space:2099

I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Beyond The Black Rainbow. This looks really good.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    The Bourne Legacy trailer is out

FUCK, YES.

The first three were so good I thought FOR SURE this would be complete shit, but it looks GREAT so far.

But nope, this looks excellent. Not much of a trailer, but VERY promising.

:)

P.S. If we've already got a trailer shouldn't we just go ahead and give it a thread instead?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Beyond The Black Rainbow. This looks really good.
    Wow! That's got a really cool Logan's Run/THX 1138/Zardoz kinda vibe around it! Early 70's sci-fi ftw!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I was pretty skeptical about a documentary about the John Titor story, but I have to admit, the semi-trailer is pretty cool.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    This one is cooler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    The first 12 minutes here left me a little cold, but Sound Of My Voice still seems like it has potential. As soon as I read that it was about a cult, I was in.

Speaking of movies about cults, I'm also looking forward to finally catching Martha Marcy May Marlene, which comes out on DVD next week.
    Last edited by theruiner; 02-17-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This looks interesting

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/i...owtownmurders/

Based on horrifying crimes discovered in Snowtown, Australia in 1999, THE SNOWTOWN MURDERS is Justin Kurzel's directorial debut, a stark journey into a brutal subculture of suspicion, addiction and violence. Winner of the Special Jury Prize at Cannes' Critics Week, the film follows Elizabeth Harvey (Louise Harris), a mother raising her three boys in a poor suburb. After her latest boyfriend displays pedophilic tendencies, she takes up with a new man, hoping for security but instead welcoming an even more vicious predator into her home. John Bunting (Daniel Henshall) is the moral compass of a self-appointed neighborhood watch who, fueled by cigarettes and beer, cast judgments on those living around them. Bunting enlists his crew in acts of sadistic vigilantism on those he considers deviants, and in the process takes Elizabeth's son Jamie (Lucas Pittaway) under his wing. THE SNOWTOWN MURDERS is an uncompromising film focused on the relationship between vulnerable teenager and a father figure who is revealed to be the worst kind of bully.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^^ let me do some creative quoting, this movie came up in the "What Are You Watching" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YKWYA View Post
    Snowtown.

Bleak. Brutal. Worth watching. I think one of the most uncomfortable things is the way it involves the viewer. 'What would you do?'.
    I loved Snowtown. I think its the mixture of high camp and pure melodrama that make it so harrowing.
    this looks strikingly similar to Animal Kingdom, which i loved! on my list as well!

so i've been wondering, why can't we get these kind of high quality indie crime/social drama movies in the US? i've seen quite a few non-American movies (UK, Spain, Iceland, Australia, Denmark) with some great depth, and the closest to these kind of movies was Red State (which unfortunately kind of missed the depth train by trying too hard to be over the top. i still liked it though).

i know movies outside of the US are typically funded in part by the government, so there seems to be a lot more focus on artistry and social commentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    Snowtown (to be released as "The Snowtown Murders" in the US. LOL) was the best film i've seen since Shame. WOW. Had to buy the soundtrack too. And i need to watch it again with subtitles. Especially loved how it respected the audience's intelligence (similar to McQueen's Hunger). The US trailer, on the other hand, explains the story. LOL

Sorry US directors, but you're sort of falling behind in the art department. Maybe you need government subsidies like all those other countries?

I actually watched this too on Sunday.... bleak and brutal are the best two words for it. I'm very unfamiliar with the real-life case, so reading up on it afterward filled in a few blanks. Very hard to recommend this film even though I appreciated it; not a movie I'd say I "enjoyed," but it had me captivated.

I'm not sure about the "high camp" comment above, but everything else said is pretty accurate.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Kick Ass 2 might actually be happening.

I'd be shocked if it actually happened, since the first one pretty much flopped. But it was a really good movie, so I'd definitely be down for a sequel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    omg COURTENEY COX'S FACE.