Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    The new Sacha Baron Cohen movie looks like crap.

There were a couple of funny things in the trailer, but most of it just completely fell flat.

And his beard looks ridiculously fake.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus T. Cosmonaut View Post
    And the cheese was intentional, and the success of the film owes much to director Paul Verhoeven. But why do we need a remake?
    from what i understand- the film took a LOT of liberties with the book (most of which i hear were trashy and welcome), so perhaps it's a move to get closer to the source material? that's usually the only kind of remake i can stomach...

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    The Wizard of Oz prequel will be black and white in the beginning then turn into color when they get to Oz, just like the original.

That's actually pretty cool. I'm still bummed that Robert Downey Jr. dropped out, though.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Happy birthday.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    What?! Do kids nowadays even know what Goosebumps ​is?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    What?! Do kids nowadays even know what Goosebumps ​is?
    Does it matter? Sure as shit no kids today knew what the Smurfs were this time last year!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    A couple of trailers of upcoming movies I intend to see (that are not major blockbusters already being discussed)

The Woman In Black

Starring Harry Potter and a very creepy house. I have high hopes for this one, actually.

Also: Wrath of the Titans, bitches!

It's going to be noisy, it's going to be full of plot holes and it won't make any goddamn sense. At all.

The perfect popcorn movie!

But hey, Sam Worthington is back as Perseus and I really like him. Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes are also back and I can count on them to be entertaining, at the very least. And Kronos looks badass.

ps: it's not really news but I didn't know where to put them and I didn't think they deserved their own threads either. Not yet, anyway.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Sorry for, um...quadruple posting...but Slashfilm had a really good article up today about real IMAX theaters versus IMAX Digital theaters (i.e. "fake" IMAX theaters), including a list of real IMAX theaters. It's well worth a read. After finding that out a couple years ago, I vowed never to go to a fake IMAX again. Total ripoff.
    Shit I hate going to the ft Lauderdale museum due to the lack of leg room. But must see Batman the way Nolan intended to

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I have real news this time: Hammer goes Hi-Def

This may be just the thing that makes me cave in and finally go buy a Blu-Ray player.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    awesome news, marodi! now if we could only get the other hammer to follow suit. would be great to see pumps and a bump in hi-def...

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Maybe it's because I like Jason Segel so much, but this looks really, really good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^^ the Duplassessses' (the Duplass brothers) are seriously in need of a good movie. Baghead was decent, Puffy Chair was overrated in my opinion, and Cyrus just fell flat. This finally looks good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    A couple of trailers of upcoming movies I intend to see (that are not major blockbusters already being discussed)

The Woman In Black
    Starring Harry Potter and a very creepy house. I have high hopes for this one, actually.
    One of the VERY few remakes I've been looking forward to. The UK TV movie is one of my favorite horror films. Funny you also mentioned Hammer, gotta love the vintage-style promo poster:

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Oh FUCK yes!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    "gritty reboot"? What, the original wasn't gritty enough? Fine, then let's go all out. This better be the first theatrical release featuring actual rape, the most expandable stuntmen outside of a gritty Turkish reboot of The Crow, and the intentional killing of the actor in the lead role halfway through filming.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The first teaser trailer for a commercial ever.

Last edited by onthewall2983; 01-26-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Wha??? Is that implying what I think it's implying?

Edit: Some people are saying it'll be an ad for Nike. Well, of course. Because if it was Spoiler: another Ferris Bueller movie, we would have heard about it long before now. Lame.
    Last edited by theruiner; 01-26-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So... the Monty Python troupe (or what's left of them) is going to reunite for a new film called 'ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING'.

But - wait for it.... :

The movie will be made using CGI technology with the actors lending their voices to aliens who endow a group of humans with super powers, leading to misadventures.
    Robin Williams
    will voice an intelligent speaking dog named Dennis.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    The first teaser trailer for a commercial ever.

Ahh Mr. Broderick...the most insane actor on the face of the earth, we meet again. Uhh no...really, worked on a movie that he starred in. Out of his motherfucking mind.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Please tell me he talked to an invisible camera at all times, a la Ferris Bueller. And then one of his handlers gathered the crew around and said something like, "Listen...I know it's weird, but Mr. Broderick really does think there's someone listening to everything he's saying. It's sad, yes, but the doctors say it would be extremely harmful and possibly dangerous to break his illusion, so please just play along." And then right as she says that, you hear him in the background as he walks by, talking to himself: "Me and Mr. Rooney have been at it for almost 30 years now. Oh, Mr. Rooney, you are a worthy adversary!"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm at work and doing some report shit, it's a bit to type out but I'll paraphrase the insane bullshit that went on while I was working on the set in a few minutes. It was a shitty movie with Danny DeVito called 'Deck The Halls' that was shot here...holy shit just remembering what happened is hilarious. The guy's a certifiable nut.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Alright this will be longish but worth reading for the lulz, so my friend who was a film major at a film school here (called Capilano University) in North Vancouver hooks me up with some work on the set of a Christmas movie filming around the area called Deck The Halls with Broderick and Danny DeVito. I've done extra work, etc. so I thought 'why not'. So on the 3rd day of being on set, I had yet to meet Broderick but actually met DeVito who was, and I can vouch, the NICEST DUDE EVER. He was polite, funny, and literally talked to almost everyone on set...crew, you name it. I saw him tossing cheese slices at some crew in the catering tent, a jokester. Awesome dude. Anyways, I was helping one of the crew with rounding up some camera cables on abouuuut, the 3rd-ish day on set. My friend Zack who got me on the set (he's the one who works on Fringe now, you might've seen pics I've posted from on set, that's how I get on lol) was a PA (prod. assistant, basically crap gopher work). The scene was a snowball fight between Broderick and DeVito so my friend's job was literally to stand by with a portable hair dryer, warming a roll of paper towels so he could hand them to the actors after the take (sounds weak but it was cold as hell, at night, and like 20 takes in...I can imagine your hands would be numb as hell).

So he's sitting there warming the paper towels, but lo and behold it was the Head PA's job originally, a guy who's been on movies with Broderick and a bunch of the crew before, but HE had to go do something else so he handed the shit to Zack. After the scene wraps the first take, Zack runs up, 'here you go Mr. DeVito' and I'm literally 20 ft. away. 'Thanks kid.' He runs to Broderick. 'Here you are, Mr. Broderick.' Broderick literally spins around to face him, grabs Zack by the neck of his shirt, and literally inches from his face, screams WHO THE MOTHERFUCK ARE YOU. WHO ARE YOU. My friend obviously freezes and probably shits himself as Broderick literally screamed it as loud as possible. You could hear it across town. '...uh, uh I'm Zack, I'm a PA. I'm part of the crew, uh uh...' Broderick screams again. WHO. THE. FUCK. ARE. YOU. YOU'RE FIRED. And lets him go. He was literally screaming at the top of his lungs, it was nuts. His face was red. Some of the crew rush in, including the Asst. Director and my friend's murmuring to them 'Don't fire me please! I work here! I have a staff badge. I'm a PA' etc. etc.

A few handlers help Broderick away, probably to his trailer like he's fuckin' Bono from U2 being led to his helicopter or some shit...my friend's shitting his pants. The Asst. Director tells him (again I can hear it all) 'Don't worry, that's just him. You can't look at him in the eye unless he knows you or he's worked with you on set before, you'll be fine.' My friend Zack is like 'w.t.f.' He continues to tell Zack that after Broderick made all his money, he was vacationing in Ireland and killed a lady and her mom in a head on car wreck (we had never known this up to that point, again this was like...early 2005ish? Before the times of Wikipedia or IMDB) and ever since he was sort of....off kilter so to speak.

So yeah, he might be sane NOW, but I saw this happen. He was deeply, deeply insane. For the rest of the shoot he would come off as a completely normal human, but apparently everyone, and now including my friend and I, knew that he's actually probably a lunatic. And don't get me started on Kristin Davis (from Sex and The City) who played Broderick's wife and the day she wouldn't come out of her trailer until someone brought her cotton candy. Seriously. A full grown woman who wouldn't work until someone brought her cotton candy. Cotton. Candy. Fuckssakes.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Goddamn... I guess he really must be a total insane dude to be married to that... thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Alright this will be longish but worth reading for the lulz...
    Crazy fucking story dude. Wow.

Interesting to see a teaser for a movie roll being reprised in a Super Bowl ad. That sentence was difficult to even write.