Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I know it's lame, but fuck it, I'm psyched if it works out, especially since the long running word was that this would never happen...

'Finding Nemo' director signs on for sequel.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I know it's lame, but fuck it, I'm psyched if it works out, especially since the long running word was that this would never happen...

I'll see it if it gets made, just hope it isn't a disappointment. Pretty pumped the first one is coming out on blu-ray in December.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the first one is a great movie. But I have no interest in a sequel, yet. Needless to say I'll be watching the shit out of it if it gets made. Even if I think making it is a bad idea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Out of all the Pixar movies that they could do a sequel for, I don't understand why 'The Incredibles' isn't on the table. That film had the most potential for a continued story too...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone else think that those trailers for Man of Steel were pretty boring? Also - that's a strange choice of music for me. I don't think I could ever hear that song with anything else besides a "certain pivotal moment in LOTR."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I didn't think so, I get that this first look establishes the character as both a child of a god and yet an all-American boy. And if Russell Crowe's performance lives up to that stirring voice-over, he'll put Brando's performance to shame.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-21-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'd call it a teaser than a trailer. I took it as that and find everyone's dislike for it absurd. Hell, at least we got something as I really dont know how this movie could turn out.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd like to hear Gilbert Gottfried on one of those trailers.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Anyone else think that those trailers for Man of Steel were pretty boring? Also - that's a strange choice of music for me. I don't think I could ever hear that song with anything else besides a "certain pivotal moment in LOTR."
    Gandalf, nooooooooooooooooo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Those Man of Steel teasers give me some pretty serious goosebumps. I love that there are 2 versions - I got to see the Russel Crowe/Jor-El one when I saw Rises. What about everyone else? Are they maybe doing the Russel Crowe version just for IMAX and the Kevin Costner/Pa Kent one for normal theaters?

I'm feeling pretty optimistic. I just love the tone of the teaser, even if it is a tad dramatic, and hope it's representative of the final film in some way. Ultimately, I found the intimacy of it refreshing and effective - they could have had a gratuitous chest shot (which in fairness would probably still cause me to geek out) or Supes catching a falling victim - but it seemed rather apparent that there was an effort to make it NOT look like a superhero trailer, which I appreciate. I'm a little surprised at how Nolan-esque it is, but I probably shouldn't be.

"Whoever that man is, good character or bad, he's gonna change the world." Awesome.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Those Man of Steel teasers give me some pretty serious goosebumps. I love that there are 2 versions - I got to see the Russel Crowe/Jor-El one when I saw Rises. What about everyone else? Are they maybe doing the Russel Crowe version just for IMAX and the Kevin Costner/Pa Kent one for normal theaters?
    I believe I will be watching this one when it hits theaters. During my TDKR showing, I had the Kevin Costner version.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    My theater showed the Crowe version (not IMAX, btw), and I watched it more than a few times this weekend. I wasn't a big fan of the previous movies (and am not a big comic book guy in general), but it caught my attention in a way I wasn't expecting. The Malick-ian approach to the shots feel perfect to the character's upbringing, and Russell's voice-over was mesmerizing. I liked the music, but it could have done without it.

The big question in my mind is if Snyder can pull it off. I've only seen Watchmen (which I liked mind you), but I understand how his style has been maligned and criticized (I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of 300). Getting Nolan and Goyer to come aboard has been of interest, which these teasers have sealed.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-22-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

I hate what became of Pixar!!!

They were known for coming out with original movies that were different from one another and fresh. And when Disney bought them, they were swearing that they will not change the Pixar culture, and they won't interfere, and... they've been doing mostly sequels ever since. Fuckers.

I mean, am I the only one who knows that Monsters Inc worked so well because the little girl's character gave it a heart, and I don't need to see a prequel about the guys going to college? Or see the Cars in a spy, travel around the world follow up? Or how old Nemo will raise his fish children?

(and yes, I know that Pixar made Toy Story 2 before the Disney purchase, but that was the exception to the rule as their flagship film, and it was fine)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    James Cameron is going to make Avatar 2, 3 and 4 all at the same time, and all with Sigourney Weaver, even though her character died in the first part.... ok....

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/06/26...-the-same-time

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Um. Someone apparently missed the entire point of her character's interest in the ecosystem of Pandora.

And Jake asking Eywa to search Grace's memories of Earth after she died so she could back him up about what a wasteland we'd made it. Just before practically the entire planet of Pandora joins his revolution against the alien invaders.

And so on.

In brief, she's "alive" and able to be communed with through the planet's sacred fauna.

But anyway, thanks for the heads-up!

Very, VERY excited to hear we get a FOURTH movie, too!!!

:D

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well, I'm a huge Sigourney Weaver fan, Aliens is my favorite movie - I get why he wants to use the character, but she's only alive as a sort of mind-meld-with-planet-entity, what does he need the actress for? Just voice-work? Or maybe only her face because she appears in the screen of a "let's-visualize-the-thoughts-of-the-fauna"-device. Maybe Cameron simply wants Weaver to get to first place in this list.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I know this isn't the right thread for it, but I didn't see a thread for "general upcoming film news" or anything about Neuromancer...

One of my favorite sci fi books, a true classic, and they've been talking about making it into a film forever. For a long time, Chris Cunningham was vying to direct. That would have been awesome. But I guess now they're going ahead with it (presumably without Cunningham), and Mark Wahlberg is going to be Case?

No offense to Mark Wahlberg, but fuck that.

http://io9.com/5932374/first-concept...romancer-movie

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I know this isn't the right thread for it, but I didn't see a thread for "general upcoming film news" or anything about Neuromancer...

One of my favorite sci fi books, a true classic, and they've been talking about making it into a film forever. For a long time, Chris Cunningham was vying to direct. That would have been awesome. But I guess now they're going ahead with it (presumably without Cunningham), and Mark Wahlberg is going to be Case?

No offense to Mark Wahlberg, but fuck that.

http://io9.com/5932374/first-concept...romancer-movie

Oh dear... Not quite who I envisaged!

but then, ledger as joker, cruise as lestat, pitt as tyler durden... Sometimes these things sound wrong on paper, but work out

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Ah, here's the thread I was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh dear... Not quite who I envisaged!

but then, ledger as joker, cruise as lestat, pitt as tyler durden... Sometimes these things sound wrong on paper, but work out
    I guess it's possible that he could pull it off, but it just feels completely wrong.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Sad news: Bob Hoskins retires from acting after revealing Parkinsons diagnosis. Everybody here probably remembers him fondly or otherwise from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? or just otherwise in Super Mario Bros. (also was Pink's manager in the film of The Wall), but I heartily recommend checking out The Long Good Friday and ​Mona Lisa.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 08-08-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Smee to Dustin Hoffman's Captain Hook... only good thing about that godawful movie.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    The last movie I saw him in was Stay, where he played a blind man. He was terrific.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...-gets-a-reboot

Don't know if anyone has actually seen The Rocketeer but I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid and I just recently re-watched it. Obviously not as good as back then but I still enjoyed it. Anyway, a reboot has some potential but I'm not sure how it will work if they set it in the present day because the original was in the 50's or 60's and that was part of its charm.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hell yes I've seen it, love that movie. The first time I saw Billy Campbell downtown (he shot AMC's "The Killing" around here for a few years) I actually told him how much I loved The Rocketeer and he laughed and said he loved it too. I must've watched that movie a thousand times...love it. As for a remake, obviously they'll go for an updated kinda look but I'm hoping it's in the vein of Captain America; that they keep the nostalgic look of everything instead of just updating it to a modern time.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    AMC has finally gone to a creative extreme to address their beef with DISH.

Bravo...