Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bones and All (2022)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Soundtrack album listed here:-

https://soundtracktracklist.com/rele...ll-soundtrack/

Also a Spotify playlist appeared 2 hours ago (no new material there though). The fact that Atmosphere is on there would suggest Trent's had a hand in the songs used within it (if it is indeed in the film):-

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5B...uuhyzJsACgIXig

Also - a quote from the director in an article in the Independent:-

The film also features a new score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, whom Guadagnino challenged to “find the sound of a road trip” and “the sound of the American landscape.” And it’s full of 1980s music from Joy Division, New Order and even KISS, which were chosen from a box of cassette tapes that Kajganich found from when he was a teenager. “The ones that either made me smile or cry made it in the script,” Kajganich said.

So I'm finally convinced this is a whole score and not just the one song at the end (with the obligatory 'Minute' in the title...).
    Last edited by simonn; 10-02-2022 at 07:18 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=arial]Soundtrack album listed here:-

https://soundtracktracklist.com/rele...ll-soundtrack/
    Release Date: November 23, 2022. So, a few more weeks of waiting for new music.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    My dude, November 23 is over 7 weeks from today.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    My dude, November 23 is over 7 weeks from today.
    Yes, not even two months! That's pretty soon...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    I just want to point out that it seems they've just put in the (wide) release date for the movie in there as a placeholder, in lieu of an actual soundtrack announcement. These days, a lot of soundtracks do release digitally the same date as the movie release, but that is not necessarily the case, and may not be the case here until there is a real announcement.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I just want to point out that it seems they've just put in the (wide) release date for the movie in there as a placeholder, in lieu of an actual soundtrack announcement. These days, a lot of soundtracks do release digitally the same date as the movie release, but that is not necessarily the case, and may not be the case here until there is a real announcement.
    That's possible. The artwork also lolks like a placeholder to me, though you never know...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

edit: Theatrical Trailer:
    Last edited by Avarik; 10-14-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No TR+AR, but great music nonetheless!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Woops, this one should be TR

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Definitely them. And it doesn't really sound like their other scores, which is exciting (maybe a little like Watchmen, but that's not a bad thing). Also, I'm getting more & more interested in the movie itself!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I went to see Trick 'r Treat on the big screen last weekend, and that trailer played before it. Sounded amazing, especially when it segued into Atmosphere. I got chills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am so excited to see this.

I bet Armie Hammer hates he can't be in this film.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    I bet Armie Hammer hates he can't be in this film.
    I'm sure it's just eating at him.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    saw the trailer before Barbarian and it looks incredible. so excited they did the score!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quick snippet of Trent & Atticus being interviewed about the score at the AFI Film Fest:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CkoWuk9PtHI/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Quick snippet of Trent & Atticus being interviewed about the score at the AFI Film Fest:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CkoWuk9PtHI/
    What is up with Atticus in that clip, he doesn't look well at all?

(he asked rhetorically)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Red Atticus unlocked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    What is up with Atticus in that clip, he doesn't look well at all?

(he asked rhetorically)

It's likely the weird color balance of that clip. The compression of the video seems to make it worse. If you look at Trent it's more subtle, but he also has the weird red/white skin tone. Also, in terms of looking uncomfortable, I think it's pretty clear Atticus doesn't typically enjoy the promotion/press element of NIN/Scoring.

edit: I know you said you asked rhetorically but something related to the wellness of the one of the two core members of a favorite band/scoring team felt worth responding to.
    Last edited by Sequenteon; 11-12-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequenteon View Post
    It's likely the weird color balance of that clip. The compression of the video seems to make it worse. If you look at Trent it's more subtle, but he also has the weird red/white skin tone. Also, in terms of looking uncomfortable, I think it's pretty clear Atticus doesn't typically enjoy the promotion/press element of NIN/Scoring.

edit: I know you said you asked rhetorically but something related to the wellness of the one of the two core members of a favorite band/scoring team felt worth responding to.
    At first I thought it was freezing where they were until I saw Trent's attire. There's definitely an element of the uncomfortable to factor in too, I'd already sussed that!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Looks like there's a song with TR vocals at the very end of the movie.
    Possibly (You Made it Feel Like) Home, performed by TR/AR/MQ?

Source:
    https://www.hmmawards.com/2022-hmma-...-umR8OXJwRLvD8
    "(You Made it Feel Like) Home" from BONES AND ALL. Written by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross. Performed by Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross and Mariqueen Maandig Reznor.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Apparently the movie ends with a song that has vocals, kinda like how Before the Flood had A Minute to Breathe.
    EDIT: beat me by a few seconds!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is the score being released this week? Kind of surprised there hasn’t been any official word.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Is the score being released this week? Kind of surprised there hasn’t been any official word.
    Wouldn't be surprised if it pops up tomorrow on nin.com.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Already on streaming sites in countries where it's past midnight, so yes an official announcement is imminent.

The score sounds great!
    Last edited by botley; 11-17-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Already on streaming sites in countries where it's past midnight, so yes an official announcement is imminent.!
    Thanks. For those that like spoilers you can stream the previews from the Australian Apple Music store https://music.apple.com/au/album/bon...ore/1652521177 even if you're not in Oz.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I get TDS vibes and I don’t think it’s just from the acoustic guitar.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Found out that the film isn't opening in my neck of the woods until next weekend. I definitely want to hear the score in its proper context first, so the wait is definitely going to be agonizing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Honestly, I'm not sure about this one.

Maybe I'll need some repeated listens, but I feel like they just composed a generic score while on autopilot mode.
    A peaceful scene? Acoustic guitars. Horror/thriller scene? Turn up the bass and the eerie synths.
    Some tracks don't even sound like a Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross composition, and I couldn't tell if it weren't for those signature synths.

This could be them getting better at what they do. Or the movie demanded the score to be very sparse and ambient-ish.
    But I do miss the days when they actually composed a full 3-5 minute track for a particular scene or an emotion, use bits from that on the movie, and on the score we get to hear the whole thing.

It's like I'm listening to the FYC version of the score.
    I felt something similar with Mank, but at least we got the gorgeous demos, which I prefer to the main release anyway.

Well, at least I've got the Empire Of Light soundtrack, which was exactly what I wanted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)