Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Bones and All (2022)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This is such an interesting intersection of the haunting noises of Waves and Bird Box and the uplifting sounds of Mid90s and Before The Flood. Perfect for a horror love story. I like it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Had this on shuffle for some work this morning. Was a difficult listen at times. I like that

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    This is such an interesting intersection of the haunting noises of Waves and Bird Box and the uplifting sounds of Mid90s and Before The Flood.
    Well put! The comparisons to Bird Box and Before the Flood are especially on point. As a few others have pointed out, there are some TDS vibes, too – the recurring acoustic guitar motif reminds me a lot of the guitar in The Downward Spiral (the title track). Vinegar uses a sound that is strikingly similar to the sound at the beginning of Eraser. I was also reminded of the guitar strumming in Hurt at one point, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What do we think the odds are that we'll get this score on vinyl? If Trent & Atticus were sitting with this score for 6 months and grew a deep connection with this project, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a well designed collectable vinyl release for this score.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calx1111 View Post
    What do we think the odds are that we'll get this score on vinyl? If Trent & Atticus were sitting with this score for 6 months and grew a deep connection with this project, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a well designed collectable vinyl release for this score.
    Who knows at this point. I'm really hoping they take some time in the next year to put together vinyl packages for Mank, Ghosts V & VI, Year Zero, Patriots Day, maybe a Ghosts I-IV reissue, etc. I get they're busy and don't need the money, but it feels like they could make a killing by just spending a week or two doing a big release of some of the vinyl we've been waiting for.

(Barring any legal reasons they can't release certain scores on vinyl, of course.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i can't stop listening to this score. it feeling so minimalist at first made me think "oh i'm sure it fits the flick but i won't listen to it much"... and then it ended and i immediately hit play again and now i keep listening over and over and it keeps captivating me and taking me on a journey.

i guess i've gotta try and catch this movie tomorrow night.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Saw this a couple of days ago. It was the first showing at my local Cineworld in the UK, and I was the only person in there! Enjoyed the film, and the music was just so on point, really added to the tension at times. Loving this score.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Saw it earlier this evening. Definitely a fairly subdued score, but when it hit, it hit hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally saw the film tonight. The film has a different version of '(You Made It Feel Like) Home' compared to the digitally released version. The vocal track was different. My guess is the film version has Trent's demo vocals and the digital release has re-recorded vocals.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calx1111 View Post
    Finally saw the film tonight. The film has a different version of '(You Made It Feel Like) Home' compared to the digitally released version. The vocal track was different.
    Yes, nice spot!

The FYC version has been posted:

https://www.uareleasingguilds.com/?id=bonesandallmusic

For Best Original Song, it has the film version of "(You Made It Feel Like) Home" with the different vocal take. They also have the FYC score posted. Most of the tracks are identical to/taken from the OST, but 3 of them (tracks 4, 5, 20) are alternate versions that appear in the film.

Downloading the FYC music is a little tricky. They've made it HLS streaming only. As usual, JWFan has the links, but you'll need to put those URL's into an M3U8 playlist downloader (I use youtube-dl. I hear JDownloader works too). You'll end up with an MP4 file. If you change the file extension to .m4a, you'll end up with a file that's more easily playable and tagable with your media players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, I'm trying not to listen to the whole soundtrack until I see the movie, but You Made It Feel Like Home has definitely been in heavy rotation and already has me feeling some feelings. I can't wait to feel it after the movie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What a beautiful soundtrack! They keep showing just how masterful they are. Hats off!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Finally had a chance to do a comparison between the FYC and OST.

For "Vinegar", the FYC follows the same structure as the OST, but it has a number of short edits and excisions of sections that result in the shorter runtime.

For "I’m With You (You Seem Nice)", it turns out that the track on the FYC, even though labeled as a different cue, is identical to the OST track. Even the mastering is the same (you can hear the different mastering on the other FYC tracks).

For "Normal Life" the guitar is identical through 0:58. The piano accompaniment, however, is completely different on the two tracks. At 0:58, the FYC jumps to a different short segment of the OST starting at 1:26, and then transitions into a unique ending.

For "(You Made It Feel Like) Home", as mentioned before, it has a totally different vocal take. At 1:02, the FYC skips to the 2:38 mark on the OST (skipping the 2nd verse of the song). It's then identical through the end, except the FYC doesn't have the wind sound effects in the background, and it ends with a different echoey fade-out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it just me, (or my computer) or is there some odd popping feedback sound through these fyc tracks? Like dust on a vinyl? Strange..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    Is it just me, (or my computer) or is there some odd popping feedback sound through these fyc tracks? Like dust on a vinyl? Strange..
    Ya it clicks for me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Wonder if it’s fingerprinting

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    TRAR starting at 5:50:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I would really like to see this 4 hour version I keep hearing about in these interviews...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    I would really like to see this 4 hour version I keep hearing about in these interviews...
    You probably don't. There's often a first cut of movies that's way longer than the finished product. In most cases, it's just a lot of extra establishing shots, scenes that haven't been trimmed down yet, scenes that don't really move the plot forward or add to the story in any meaningful way, etc. But who knows, maybe there's enough good stuff for a director's cut down the line (though it would still only probably be 20-30 minutes longer and not two hours longer).

Saw the movie the other night. Very strange. No spoilers other than to say they took a horror/thriller plot and put it into an indie drama. It made the film feel unique, but I'm not sure the blend always worked. The movie played everything so straight that the more extreme scenes felt a bit silly to me as a result.

I also couldn't figure out what it was trying to say thematically. There were times where it felt like a metaphor for addiction or for being different and finally finding someone else you can connect to, but then like 80% of the time it just felt like a movie about Spoiler: eating people with no metaphorical implications whatsoever.

Either way, I always love seeing a movie that feels like nothing I've ever seen before and has me still thinking about it long after the credits roll, so I definitely recommend the overall experience.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    TR: What are we going to do with the other two and a half hours of footage?

LG:...music video?

TR: ...cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finally sat down to watch this film totally having forgot about the song with vocals, and then it hits…. Ughhhhhhh wow

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Imma need this (and Waves) on vinyl NOW before I lose it haha

Also, a 4K UHD disc release would be great. But I don't think any of Luca's films have seen 4k releases in the states.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Was there a FYC for this? I recall there was but maybe i'm mistaken.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Yes, but only the DVD received a physical FYC... The soundtrack received a streaming FYC that should be linked somewhere in the previous pages of this thread.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?p=572281

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    to full of drink to make heads or tails of that conversion situation, i'll look into it later. Many thanks guys anywhoo!