Thread: 100 gecs

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

100 gecs

100 gecs is one of the only bands to excite me in quite some time. Is anyone else digging it?

Last edited by elevenism; 11-28-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Love 'em. The new track is great:

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah, they're fucking great. @Tom , the new track sounds a LITTLE bit less bat shit crazy than usual and a TINY bit more like pop punk, but hey...i can't blame them if they wanna get on the radio.

That being said, it's still PRETTY fucking crazy. :P

But yeah, so there are a whole THREE of us who dig 100 gecs.

I often really don't understand this board when it comes to new music.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yeah, they're fucking great. @Tom , the new track sounds a LITTLE bit less bat shit crazy than usual and a TINY bit more like pop punk, but hey...i can't blame them if they wanna get on the radio.

That being said, it's still PRETTY fucking crazy. :P

But yeah, so there are a whole THREE of us who dig 100 gecs.

I often really don't understand this board when it comes to new music.
    Dude, this goes in the nickleback thread, sorry

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Loved the Song Exploder episode that they did on money machine (https://songexploder.net/100-gecs).

The track that never really leaves my brain is stupid horse, actually.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Though I think they're great, I completely understand how someone could fail to get it, particularly if they're coming from a rock / guitar band background. But yeah, Nickleback they ain't!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hey New Guy @orson thrust , tell me who is the new hot band, please, son.
    I am only into a few "newish" bands to be honest. Off the top of my head, HEALTH, Drab majesty, King gizzard and the lizard wizard, Beach house.....

p.s I've been here for a while, locked out of old account. We have PM'd in the past. No hate dude, just not even close to for me. But i am open to finding new bands, why i checked on this thread in the first place and responded to why you werent getting traction with your recommendations. Could have said it in a better way.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    I am only into a few "newish" bands to be honest. Off the top of my head, HEALTH, Drab majesty, King gizzard and the lizard wizard, Beach house.....

p.s I've been here for a while, locked out of old account. We have PM'd in the past. No hate dude, just not even close to for me. But i am open to finding new bands, why i checked on this thread in the first place and responded to why you werent getting traction with your recommendations. Could have said it in a better way.
    @orson thrust I was kind of being an asshole; i'm sorry. I've been going through some shit.

"this belongs in the nickleback thread" is certainly fair play if you don't like it. My bad.

the faceplam, though? the faceplam stands! :P
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-07-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @orson thrust I was kind of being an asshole; i'm sorry. I've been going through some shit.

"this belongs in the nickleback thread" is certainly fair play if you don't like it. My bad.

the faceplam, though? the faceplam stands! :P
    No worries. The facepalm is more than fair, just a few pixels.
    Hope shit gets better for you.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    As a St. Louisian, 100 gecs is our city’s greatest export. I can’t wait for the new record.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i ... don't get it. and i wish i did. i was managing a hot topic around 2008 to 2010 or so, and there was a lot of shit like this selling at the time. someone help me out -- is this ironic?

edit: aaaaand before i knew it, that dumb "doritos and fritos" song got stuck in my head and i kind of love it.
    Last edited by kel; 06-18-2022 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i ... don't get it. and i wish i did. i was managing a hot topic around 2008 to 2010 or so, and there was a lot of shit like this selling at the time. someone help me out -- is this ironic?

edit: aaaaand before i knew it, that dumb "doritos and fritos" song got stuck in my head and i kind of love it.
    I'm definitely no hyper pop aficionado, but I really liked the stuff 100 Gecs did with Health. And then there's this track by Laura Les that I'm addicted to. Even if I don't love the overall sound of most of this stuff I do have to admit I love the spirit and intention behind it. It feels like music made by kids who give not one fuck about what people think. Back in the day that was called punk.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I'm shocked there's been like no news on the new album yet.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Gecs a fuckin' banger
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 02-17-2023 at 10:32 AM.