Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: The X-Files

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I've just started season 11 and one thing that I really don't like is Reyes now working for The Smoking Man, it just seems totally out of character. I think the Reyes from seasons 8/9 would have rather died than align herself with him.
    Fun fact: it was meant to be Marita Covarrubias, but they couldn’t get Laurie Holden.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I'm a few episodes in and it's funny to see dial-up Internet, pagers with NIN and White Zombie blaring in the background--very 90's.
    If you don't mind me asking, how are you watching them? Did you download the series or do you own DVDs or something? To my knowledge, they aren't on any of the streaming platforms.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how are you watching them? Did you download the series or do you own DVDs or something? To my knowledge, they aren't on any of the streaming platforms.
    I got all three seasons of Millennium on Ebay. The seller wanted I think $75.00 and I got them for $65.00, used, but in good shape. On Amazon the individual seasons seem to be OOP. You can buy a boxset of the entire series, but people have complained that discs are duplicated.

You can also buy individual seasons used on Amazon.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 07-14-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Heads up, this book by Robert Shearman offers a summery and critique of every episode of the X Files (up until season 9), Millennium and The Lone Gunman and is awesome.
    https://www.amazon.com/Wanting-Belie.../dp/097594469X

Definitely worth reading.

Just finished Millennium, awesome show. I actually enjoyed it more than The X Files. Next up: The Lone Gunman.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So I watched Milagro last night and I thought it was pretty bad. Googling it after I see it was very well recieved with a minority disagreeing. At first I enjoyed how it was purposefully a bit pulpy, but I just couldn't get into how Scully was shown in it. I get that it's largely through the writer's eyes, which is fine, but it still seemed off and out of character as things went along. Plus the murders just ended up forgotten. So yeah, really did stand out to me. Bit of a Marmite episode I guess? Can't understand the love in the slightest.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    So I watched Milagro last night and I thought it was pretty bad. Googling it after I see it was very well recieved with a minority disagreeing. At first I enjoyed how it was purposefully a bit pulpy, but I just couldn't get into how Scully was shown in it. I get that it's largely through the writer's eyes, which is fine, but it still seemed off and out of character as things went along. Plus the murders just ended up forgotten. So yeah, really did stand out to me. Bit of a Marmite episode I guess? Can't understand the love in the slightest.
    I enjoyed it, but thought the ending was a little anticlimactic.

Watching The Lone Gunman show now and am enjoying it. It's a fun, light-hearted show with some good laughs.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    What are everyone’s top 3 X-Files episodes and why?

For me:

- Folie Deux. I love that idea of “hiding in the light”. Interestingly Gary Numan sings “I see a shadow hide in the light” in the song The End of Things that makes me think fondly of this episode when I hear it.

- The Gift. Always been intrigued by the idea of a “soul eater”. Another interesting Numan connection - a song he is working on for his next album has the same title as the episode, about Covid.

- Pusher. Modell and “cerulean blue” has stuck in my mind since childhood.