Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Seriously, look at episode 9 as the finale.
    I kind of think it WAS the real finale.
    Episode 10 was more about setting up possible future storylines. But jesus, it was SO anticlimactic. I mean, all that shit about the coming pandemic was interesting to me, and all the stuff about william, and it came down to...a couple of gunshots? Some ambiguous deaths that can easily be undone? And this shit might be the actual SERIES FINALE?

Look, my wife and I are hardcore fans. We have "I Want to Believe" t shirts. We like the episodes where Mulder is gone and even the ones without Mulder OR Scully.
    But after that finale, we were both just like "seriously seriously?"
    where were the cover-ups, the conspiracies, the revelations? I actually LIKED the final episode of last season and the first episode of this one.
    This storyline had potential.
    But jesus, I could have written a better finale: I think a lot of us hardcore fans could have.

I rarely talk about bad tv; I try to keep my mouth shut, but this was just SO fucking lame. It was mostly about people running around with flashlights ( I THINK they had flashlights anyway.)
    I said before that 9 would be a good finale and ten would just be about action, but ffs, I didn't think it would be THIS fucking lame.

We BETTER get a fucking movie or SOMETHING.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just still really bummed out about this.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    “The Field Where I Died” randomly came into my head last night and I read the Wikipedia article about the episode to refresh my memory. Every time I re-read an episode’s plot I yearn to hear that they’ll do another season. Please guys, make it happen somehow.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    “The Field Where I Died” randomly came into my head last night and I read the Wikipedia article about the episode to refresh my memory. Every time I re-read an episode’s plot I yearn to hear that they’ll do another season. Please guys, make it happen somehow.
    Sadly, it seems that Gillian has lost interest and is done with the show/character.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I think I remember reading that too (about Gillian.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought the new revival seasons were terrible and I can see why she doesn't want to continue. Chris Carter said he considered doing more episodes without her. I loved the original series but I think it just needs to be done. Anytime we think maybe we will get a solid answer or some closure he completely fucks it up. He writes in circles with no endgame in sight. That's just me though, I still love watching the first 5-6 seasons pretty much anytime.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    yeah, the series went out on a really fucking awful one sadly, hell, the original series ending was a lot better.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsectGod View Post
    I thought the new revival seasons were terrible and I can see why she doesn't want to continue. Chris Carter said he considered doing more episodes without her. I loved the original series but I think it just needs to be done. Anytime we think maybe we will get a solid answer or some closure he completely fucks it up. He writes in circles with no endgame in sight. That's just me though, I still love watching the first 5-6 seasons pretty much anytime.
    While this is true to an extent, I have such a fondness for the series that I wouldn’t care if he keeps on going in circles as long as I get to see the characters in interesting/well-written Monster of the Week episodes.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    yeah, the series went out on a really fucking awful one sadly, hell, the original series ending was a lot better.
    Shooting CSM reminded me of the way they took out Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. I mean, come on.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm still in the middle of season 4. Bought the set in 2015 and go through periods of binge-watching to not watching for months.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I watched a few episodes ever night and it took me close to 6 months to watch the entire series.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    @elevenism I just recently read about Unit 731 and the atrocious stuff that happened there as far as human experimentation goes. Have you read about it before?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

It just so happens that the episode “731” (aptly named) was inspired by it.

These bastards got immunity for divulging the “results” of their tests to the allies so the Russians wouldn’t be privy to it.

>>

In other tests, subjects were deprived of food and water to determine the length of time until death; placed into low-pressure chambers until their eyes popped from the sockets; experimented upon to determine the relationship between temperature, burns, and human survival; electrocuted; placed into centrifuges and spun until death; injected with animal blood; exposed to lethal doses of x-rays; subjected to various chemical weapons inside gas chambers; injected with sea water; and burned or buried alive.[41][42]
    Some tests had no medical or military purpose at all, such as injecting horse urine into prisoners' kidneys or amputating limbs and resewing them to other stumps on the body.[43][27]

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Jesus God. @Erneuert , no, I hadn't heard about that. That's fucking NUTS.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah 731 was pretty horrendous. Makes some of the Nazi's experiments look humane by comparison.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rewatching this show on DVD currently. Halfway through season 1. I do know I have to quit after a while, but man, this show was good in the early years.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    Rewatching this show on DVD currently. Halfway through season 1. I do know I have to quit after a while, but man, this show was good in the early years.
    After awhile? You don't have to quit until season 7.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I do like some of the stuff with Doggett and Reyes.

I watched the whole series in 2017 and it took 6 months lol

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I do like some of the stuff with Doggett and Reyes.

I watched the whole series in 2017 and it took 6 months lol
    Season 8 is actually VERY good and has some amazing episodes like Roadrunners.

The 2000 year episodes of Season 7 are X-Files on auto-pilot and Season 9 is pretty much garbage front to back.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    JJust watched "El Mundo Gira," dreadful episode.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

The 2000 year episodes of Season 7 are X-Files on auto-pilot and Season 9 is pretty much garbage front to back.
    I still don’t understand why people would worship a slug. They didn’t go in depth enough with that one IMO. Although I did like how it was basically Scully the whole episode.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

i actually like season 9, although it's gotta be my least favorite, as, it's convoluted as fuck. BUT, it's still it's still X-Files, and i like Dogget.

i share your unpopular opinion wrt to season 8, for SURE.

i would say, @diptych , keep watching. don't let the internet tell you that you have to quit.

quit if and when you REALLY don't like it, not when people say you "have to."

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So Scully had cancer because of an implant, and she (and other abductees) were mothers to clones that are half aliens? I'm confused. I looked this up on wiki and still don't get it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    So Scully had cancer because of an implant, and she (and other abductees) were mothers to clones that are half aliens? I'm confused. I looked this up on wiki and still don't get it.
    And you won't. The mythology is self-contradicting and inconsistent AF. A lot of shit from earlier seasons just gets totally forgotten or retconned later.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    And you won't. The mythology is self-contradicting and inconsistent AF. A lot of shit from earlier seasons just gets totally forgotten or retconned later.
    Not to mention actors returning as other characters.

Krycek started off as a small character who gets killed off early in the series (Gender Bender from Season 1).

Terry O'Quinn was in three episodes, including the first film: https://x-files.fandom.com/wiki/Terry_O%27Quinn

edit: Also Kate Twa - https://x-files.fandom.com/wiki/Kate_Twa
    Last edited by Erneuert; 07-20-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ok, just watched Gerthsemane/Redux 1 and 2:

So was the frozen alien a hoax? Were all the dead aliens in the locker/storage area a hoax? I'm stupid.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm 22 years late to the party but I just saw the 1998 movie and rather enjoyed it. It dragged a little at times, but was otherwise a solid movie. I always prefered the "monster of the week" episodes over the mythology, which I feel is kind of meandering, but I found this story very compelling.

Now off to series six.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I'm 22 years late to the party but I just saw the 1998 movie and rather enjoyed it. It dragged a little at times, but was otherwise a solid movie. I always prefered the "monster of the week" episodes over the mythology, which I feel is kind of meandering, but I found this story very compelling.

Now off to series six.
    i saw that movie in the theater with my x-phile friend linnea after having only seen two(?) episodes of the show and i loved it. never watched more of the show until my wife and i started dating and she was in the middle of season 3. watched the rest of the series with her, still haven't gone back to watch the first two and a half seasons.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i saw that movie in the theater with my x-phile friend linnea after having only seen two(?) episodes of the show and i loved it. never watched more of the show until my wife and i started dating and she was in the middle of season 3. watched the rest of the series with her, still haven't gone back to watch the first two and a half seasons.
    Yeah, it did a good job of appealing to fans following the show and to a novice with no background.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    If you've ever wondered about the origin of the "I Want To Believe" poster:

http://www.futureofmankind.info/w/images/b/b3/O-S1.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/XFiles/comm...iginal_xfiles/

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I want Agent Cooper to come.through some sort of Blue Rose wormhole, and replace Scully, if Anderson is seriously done.

We could have a Carter/Lynch collab.

Cooper and Mulder would.make a great team.

This is obviously never happening, but, a boy can dream, right?