Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: The X-Files

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I can dig it with just Mulder. What I REALLY want is Mulder to team up with Special Agent Dale Cooper.
    @Erneuert Ryan, didn't CC explicitly state that it wasn't over after last season? Didn't they say there were "more stories to tell?"

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @elevenism

I just had the strangest/most thoroughly clear dream I’ve had in a long time that seemed to happen in an alternate universe or something.

In my version of events, the first 8 X-Files episodes from season 1 were written by a well-known author, and each episode played out in a similar nature to usual episodes and the usual paranormal topics. After the seventh episode airs, there is a scene where Scully suddenly confronts the author (the author is now not just the writer but somehow a character in the show also), and she points out aspects to each of the prior episodes that make each one seem like they were staged, and explains away how each moment resolved itself due to external input, and she was pissed off because it compromised the integrity of the cases. He admits to being involved with the cast and crew and apologises after he’s found out.

At this point the line between reality and fiction is kind of blurred. The characters seem to be existing in the show and in our reality. Anyhow, the 8th and final episode supposedly penned by the author involves a stray/monstrous wild dog type creature that has the actor who plays Daniel Salazar in Fear The Walking Dead (who, coincidentally, was in a Mexican-themed X-Files episode) as the main hero of the story. That all plays out, including a sequence that shows him hunting the animal and saying some foreboding words to children about getting close to dogs, because they’ll turn on you, or something of that nature. It then gets to the end of the episode, and while this was penned by the author I mentioned, the behind-the-scenes twist or whatever he’d been doing with the other episodes backfires on him, and the creature turns out to be real, and consumes him, in a scene that looks “made for TV” but is actually happening in reality. It consumes him, he becomes the creature, then the Salazar character sees it running from him and shoots it a bunch of times, killing the creature/author hybrid.

And that’s all I remember. The moral of the story was the author got what was coming to him for faking the authenticity of those first 7 episodes.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 03-19-2022 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    @elevenism

I just had the strangest/most thoroughly clear dream I’ve had in a long time that seemed to happen in an alternate universe or something.

In my version of events, the first 8 X-Files episodes from season 1 were written by a well-known author, and each episode played out in a similar nature to usual episodes and the usual paranormal topics. After the seventh episode airs, there is a scene where Scully suddenly confronts the author (the author is now not just the writer but somehow a character in the show also), and she points out aspects to each of the prior episodes that make each one seem like they were staged, and explains away how each moment resolved itself due to external input, and she was pissed off because it compromised the integrity of the cases. He admits to being involved with the cast and crew and apologises after he’s found out.

At this point the line between reality and fiction is kind of blurred. The characters seem to be existing in the show and in our reality. Anyhow, the 8th and final episode supposedly penned by the author involves a stray/monstrous wild dog type creature that has the actor who plays Daniel Salazar in Fear The Walking Dead (who, coincidentally, was in a Mexican-themed X-Files episode) as the main hero of the story. That all plays out, including a sequence that shows him hunting the animal and saying some foreboding words to children about getting close to dogs, because they’ll turn on you, or something of that nature. It then gets to the end of the episode, and while this was penned by the author I mentioned, the behind-the-scenes twist or whatever he’d been doing with the other episodes backfires on him, and the creature turns out to be real, and consumes him, in a scene that looks “made for TV” but is actually happening in reality. It consumes him, he becomes the creature, then the Salazar character sees it running from him and shoots it a bunch of times, killing the creature/author hybrid.

And that’s all I remember. The moral of the story was the author got what was coming to him for faking the authenticity of those first 7 episodes.
    Would pitch nicely for a Twilight Zone episode!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Someone on reddit made the alien bounty hunter's weapon/ice pick thing. I want one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XFiles/comm...bounty_hunter/