Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2022.04.30 - Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

2022.04.30 - Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival

Nine Inch Nails is playing Shakey Knees Festival April 30. 2022
    https://www.shakykneesfestival.com

1-Day & 3-Day Tickets On Sale Thursday, November 11 at 10am ET!

618be4b0cdd7a082f6f8ffd8_SK22_Admat_110921v2.png

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    NIN and Chvrches together is one of my dream lineups and it’s in my hometown. Getting VIP tickets for Saturday.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    To make it fast, go here and get an account/payment set up now:

https://shakyknees.frontgatetickets.com/

Then it should have listings tomorrow after 10am EST.

If you used Front Gate for any other festival shows lately, you should likely be able to use the same login here. No promises on my end though!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    woke up with anxiety about this show. feels alright.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Success! See you squares there!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    we got our tix too. having a nin show to look forward to (and worry about) is the energy boost i needed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tickets obtained, pumped to see everybody there

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    How likely is this to sell out anytime soon? I'm on the fence and would like to wait a bit to see what else pops up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    How likely is this to sell out anytime soon? I'm on the fence and would like to wait a bit to see what else pops up.
    No idea but you can likely get resale tickets for face value (or even below).

Final cost for a GA Saturday pass including wristband shipping was $145.98, but fuck it. Super excited.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anybody know how walkable it is from Central Park to downtown at night? I found a good deal for the Ritz Carlton hotel there, but am wondering about safety and if it'd be better to get a rideshare or taxi after the show.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Anybody know how walkable it is from Central Park to downtown at night? I found a good deal for the Ritz Carlton hotel there, but am wondering about safety and if it'd be better to get a rideshare or taxi after the show.
    personally i would say no it’s not a safe walk between the two locations. there used to be a large homeless shelter by the area where the ritz is. it was closed a few years ago and now there’s a street population of homeless people in the area. it’s fine if you keep your distance and you’d probably be ok. but there’s a lot of them. it overwhelms me sometimes when i see them. i try to stay away from the area of peachtree and pine streets if i’m alone (or in general). i haven’t been by since last year but there’s usually a large group around the closed shelter. there have always been panhandlers and people in the streets but the homeless population in atlanta exploded since the pandemic. so many without basic necessities and the largest shelter closed. it’s a sad situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    personally i would say no it’s not a safe walk between the two locations. there used to be a large homeless shelter by the area where the ritz is. it was closed a few years ago and now there’s a street population of homeless people in the area. it’s fine if you keep your distance and you’d probably be ok. but there’s a lot of them. it overwhelms me sometimes when i see them. i try to stay away from the area of peachtree and pine streets if i’m alone (or in general). i haven’t been by since last year but there’s usually a large group around the closed shelter. there have always been panhandlers and people in the streets but the homeless population in atlanta exploded since the pandemic. so many without basic necessities and the largest shelter closed. it’s a sad situation.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Would Midtown be a better place to stay in for walking purposes from Central Park?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2022.04.30 - Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival

I’m really thinking about doing this, but at this point I’m waiting until the last minute to book anything (tickets, hotel, flight). If this past years shows are any indication, then this has an NIN cancellation written all over it.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 12-27-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I’m really thinking about doing this, but at this point I’m waiting until the last minute to book anything (tickets, hotel, flight). If last years shows are any indication, then this has an NIN cancellation written all over it.
    probably a good idea. a concert i was supposed to attend thursday just got postponed for a whole year. gotta say. i’m fucking over covid.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure this won't happen. especially in Georgia, where people DGAF about vaccinations and masks.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    I'm pretty sure this won't happen. especially in Georgia, where people DGAF about vaccinations and masks.
    yes but the artists make these calls too. i live in the suburbs of atlanta. i’ve watched everyone and their mom go to events without masks and with total ease. a concert i bought tickets to in july for december 30 was cancelled by the artists on december 27 because the numbers are increasing rapidly here. there are no mask mandates here and no lockdowns but there are people who get it.

Shaky Knees will probably happen but how many artists will cancel between now and then? maybe there won’t be a surge then. i really want to see nin but i can’t get my hopes up anymore. the crushing disappointment of the last week has me feeling bitter about covid. what is even the point of having elections if these officials can’t do their fucking jobs and protect public health? i don’t understand why we are letting the least qualified people make decisions that put us all in limbo indefinitely.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    ah yea I should have worded it differently. I was essentially saying the same thing as you.

as in... I'm pretty sure this show won't happen. because : reasons.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Well, going by South Africa, the arc of an Omicron surge takes about 2 months from beginning to end. So, based on that, case levels in Georgia should be down to a normal-ish level by the end of February. A lot can happen in two months between Feb. and Apr. though. Another surge or another variant? It seems like the best time to plan something (like a trip or a concert) is on the downslope of a surge, and no more than 2 months out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    schedules out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guess I'll do something like DJO (Joe Keery from Stranger Things) --> Guided By Voices --> Molchat Doma --> Kurt Vile --> Chvrches --> NIN.

Sucks to skip King Gizzard and Japanese Breakfast, but I can see those at Primavera Sound and getting a prime spot for NIN takes precedence.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Whoa, a band from my country plays there (Molchat Doma). Amazing achievement to make it to the west, being from such a place. I struggle to come up with any other band from Belarus that toured anywhere farther than in post-Soviet countries.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wonder why TR only wants to do these 90 min sets nowadays. MMJ and Green Day both have longer sets at this fest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Wonder why TR only wants to do these 90 min sets nowadays. MMJ and Green Day both have longer sets at this fest.
    The 2018 standalone shows also lasted only 90 minutes, so I'll take it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Even though I originally planned on backing out of this when the additional dates were announced, this one is looking very likely for me now. Anyone else doing VIP?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Even though I originally planned on backing out of this when the additional dates were announced, this one is looking very likely for me now. Anyone else doing VIP?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post

Cool! See you there! Are you planning on using the VIP viewing areas for NIN or trying to get close to stage with GA?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Cool! See you there! Are you planning on using the VIP viewing areas for NIN or trying to get close to stage with GA?
    We sprung for the one day Platinum, because my husband is a cranky bastard who hates crowds in general, so we'll probably stick to those viewing areas, yeah. We're going to hit Nashville the next night, too, so will have plenty of good viewing opportunities. : )

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Food vendors announced. Somebody local wanna tell us what’s good??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Island Noodles is at a lot of other festivals and is generally a decent choice.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    We sprung for the one day Platinum, because my husband is a cranky bastard who hates crowds in general, so we'll probably stick to those viewing areas, yeah. We're going to hit Nashville the next night, too, so will have plenty of good viewing opportunities. : )
    I completely understand hating crowds . Sounds like you guys will have a different/better viewing area than my measly regular vip area. If you feel like saying hi sometime throughout the day I’ll probably be hanging in the regular vip. Not sure if you remember, but we met previously at panorama and riot fest in 2017. I’m heading to the Tennessee show the next day too… got a good reserved seat for that one.