Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
This, this, exactly this.

Cold And Black And Infinite had some of the most insane setlists and song debuts / comebacks in the band's entire history. The six LA shows, the last of C&B&I, were some of the longest of the entire tour and covered nearly every song that lineup had performed through all of the prior dates, plus Just Like You Imagined with Mike fucking Garson, a Gary Numan appearance, a selection of HTDA tracks with Mariqueen (OH NO THE HORROR!), and a few oddball tracks with Garson like the quiet In This Twilight and Greensleeves that will probably never get played again. And some people on here can still manage to gripe that they weren't good enough, because they didn't reach the spectacular heights of the last Wiltern show, the longest NIN set ever performed that at the time seemed like it could have been the last Nine Inch Nails show ever.

I know Trent realizes that there are a lot of loving, loyal, and extremely grateful fans in this community, but when I see people here so spoiled that these unreal setlists are no longer impressive enough for them, it's not at all difficult for me to understand why his two cents on ETS is always "bitching and complaining." It's like people want Trent to resent his fans as much as fucking Tool resents theirs. I'm not trying to be a dick but we were so fucking lucky to have C&B&I and people nitpicking some of the longest and best sets of that tour because they didn't pull out three to five more rare or never-before-played songs just as the run of shows was ending...it blows my fucking mind.
Imagine being on a message board for the hardest-core fans of a band and getting upset that one of the people posting there wishes they'd play deeper cuts and would retire or at least give a break to staples that have been played at just about every single show for the last 25+ years, and would spend the limited setlist time playing their own songs instead of other band's songs.

I'm not pissed off, I'm not protesting NIN, I'm just tired of seeing a lot of the same songs at every show I go to in the rare occurrences they happen and want to hear more of his varied and amazing catalog. It's incredible how fucking butthurt a few of you have gotten over a simple opinion that, frankly, is shocking everyone here doesn't hold. Yeah, no wonder he says it's all "bitching and complaining." It's a real Boomer mindset to "just be grateful for what you've got," whether it's about a soul-crushing job that doesn't pay enough, or my desires for the setlist that's going to be too short for how much the tickets cost.