Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1794

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I know I've mentioned this somewhere before, but they haven't been to Minnesota since Sep. 28, 2013 either. I'm still holding out hope that they eventually re-schedule those two back-to-back shows at The Armory in Minneapolis that were supposed to happen in 2020 before COVID fucked everything up. It's a badass venue and I would LOVE to see them there! I've already seen A Perfect Circle, Alice in Chains, Mastodon, Ghost, Judas Priest, and CHVRCHES there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I know I've mentioned this somewhere before, but they haven't been to Minnesota since Sep. 28, 2013 either. I'm still holding out hope that they eventually re-schedule those two back-to-back shows at The Armory in Minneapolis that were supposed to happen in 2020 before COVID fucked everything up. It's a badass venue and I would LOVE to see them there! I've already seen A Perfect Circle, Alice in Chains, Mastodon, Ghost, Judas Priest, and CHVRCHES there.

They haven't been to Wisconsin since 2006. BACK OF THE LINE, MN!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    LOL!! Yeah, that's pretty bad. You win. But to be fair, Chicago is pretty damn close to Madison and Milwaukee, where they'd be most likely to play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    LOL!! Yeah, that's pretty bad. You win. But to be fair, Chicago is pretty damn close to Madison and Milwaukee, where they'd be most likely to play.
    Including WI, I've been to seven states, which isn't a lot compare to most. I unironically love Aragon Ballroom at this point. But like, spending all the money on travel and what not--not that I regret spending money for North Carolina or others, at all--but it would be nice to like, commute.

That being said, it's been YEARS since I drove to Chicago for a concert and I even miss that. Hope Waukegan's roads are still nice after their new paving in 2018-ish?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've only been to Aragon twice (nights 2 & 3 in 2018), but they were two of the best shows I've ever been to! I'd go back in a heartbeat. I've gone to Chicago a TON in the last 4 years, though, so it would be nice to have them come closer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What happened to Lights Under the Sky in Iowa?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    Last time Buffalo saw them was 99. Can't say "NeW yOrK" because the city gets them all the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Last time Buffalo saw them was 99. Can't say "NeW yOrK" because the city gets them all the time.
    That's close to Toronto, no? They were in Toronto in 2014, but that's like Chicago to the entire state of Wisconsin.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've only been to Aragon twice (nights 2 & 3 in 2018), but they were two of the best shows I've ever been to! I'd go back in a heartbeat. I've gone to Chicago a TON in the last 4 years, though, so it would be nice to have them come closer.
    I was at night 2 and it was the best concert I have ever been to/will ever go to.

Sin for the first time in 9 years, first performance of AATCHB. Some of my favorite songs finally, The Becoming, The Great Destroyer, Burn and my all time favorite NIN song Happiness in Slavery, a song that had been retired and I never thought would be played again live. Best show ever. It would be like a 15 out of 10 if I had to rate it
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 08-16-2022 at 11:32 AM. Reason: I can has grammer

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if they’re bringing back unique prints/artists for these shows? Just trying to determine if I need to line up early for foils and such or if it is just going to be the one plain poster.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Does anyone know if they’re bringing back unique prints/artists for these shows? Just trying to determine if I need to line up early for foils and such or if it is just going to be the one plain poster.
    The non-festival shows had venue specific posters. They were fairly similar from one venue to the next, but still unique. No variants though. All designed by Kraw.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    they just announced on discord that more santa barbara tickets are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    they just announced on discord that more santa barbara tickets are available.
    I saw and was able to get a GA at face value! Very excited as the 2009 SB show remains one of my favorites, due in no small part to me being able to take this photo:

Frustratingly, it looks like I'll be seeing NIN for my 24th to 29th time barring any surprises. I have to get to another show to make it a clean 30!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Frustratingly, it looks like I'll be seeing NIN for my 24th to 29th time barring any surprises. I have to get to another show to make it a clean 30!
    Daaayum!! I'm seeing them for my 10th, 11th, and 12th time over the next 10 days, but now those feel like rookie numbers, haha! I'm still VERY excited!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Heck this weekend is only 6 and 7 for me since 2005, haha.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Do any of you guys use this?: http://www.nintourhistory.com/
    I do indeed! That's how I know my soon-to-be-almost-30 shows is only so-so. When you click on Members and sort by # Concerts Seen Live, there are something like 100 members with more than 30 shows under their belts.

Here's me: http://www.nintourhistory.com/profile.php?userid=4988

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well louder than life just posted the set times and NIN is down for 115 minutes, that would be the longest they have played since the tension tour I believe

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Night 1 - The Fragile left
    Night 2 - The Fragile right

Pretty please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    You people who have seen dozens of shows have WAY more money than me.

Also, there's no way I'd go see the same set list a bunch of times.

I AM lucky enough to have seen my other favorite band 100ish times, but that's because they're from Dallas where they played constantly before AND AFTER they got their major label deal, they never ever played the same set, and I've been on the guest list since I was 13. That all slowed down when frontman moved to LA and I moved to the Great High Plains, though.

Seeing multiple shows on THESE tours makes sense, of course, but now we're back to the money thing.

I DO love fans like you guys, though. It's fucking heartwarming, and I know it's a family reunion.
    One of those recent Rush documentaries was about their relationship with their fans, and there were SO many people who had been to HUNDREDS of shows.
    NIN have a similar thing: it's not as big as it was with Rush, or Phish, but it's something special for sure.

Really really wish I was at Red Rocks this year.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-02-2022 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Adding mine too! Looking forward to adding two more nights to this list!

http://www.nintourhistory.com/profile.php?userid=278

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

I AM lucky enough to have seen my other favorite band 100ish times, but that's because they're from Dallas where they played constantly before AND AFTER they got their major label deal, they never ever played the same set, and I've been on the guest list since I was 13. That all slowed down when frontman moved to LA and I moved to the Great High Plains, though.

Seeing multiple shows on THESE tours makes sense, of course, but now we're back to the money thing.

I DO love fans like you guys, though. It's fucking heartwarming, and I know it's a family reunion.
    One of those recent Rush documentaries was about their relationship with their fans, and there were SO many people who had been to HUNDREDS of shows.
    NIN have a similar thing: it's not as big as it was with Rush, or Phish, but it's something special for sure.

I don't make that much money, I just save it for the things I really love to do, and there's not much I love to do more than go to concerts. I'd be happy to see the exact same NIN set night after night if I could afford it, although usually I can only manage to do a couple shows of a tour. The great thing about seeing the more static setlist shows multiple times, is they usually have visuals, so that gives you a chance to see the show up close and take in the energy of the band, and then see it from further away to more fully absorb the visuals.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    there's no way I'd go see the same set list a bunch of times.
    You... you've seen the setlists the past couple of years, right? The fact that you never know what you're going to get is what makes going to multiple shows so fun (as opposed to something like Tension where I agree going to multiple shows would have had diminishing returns). But in 2018, I went to all six shows at the Palladium in LA and managed to be surprised every single night.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 09-02-2022 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Well louder than life just posted the set times and NIN is down for 115 minutes, that would be the longest they have played since the tension tour I believe
    They played over 2 hours at some of the Palladium shows at the end of the 2018 run

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    What time does the Red Rocks show start? I think it’s just after 5pm there now as of this posting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

somebody doesnt know that variance exists outside of jam bands. Lights In the Sky had to be the same cause of what it was but nobody cared that much because of how incredible the show was. Anyway. 30 and beyond in the next week.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    somebody doesnt know that variance exists outside of jam bands. Lights In the Sky had to be the same cause of what it was but nobody cared that much because of how incredible the show was. Anyway. 30 and beyond in the next week.
    What? What do you mean by that? I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you talking about ME? I REALLY think you misunderstood the entire jist of what I was saying.
    If you ARE, dude, I've seen NIN MANY times over 28 years: just not 20 or 50 or 200. I've never had enough money.
    And I don't listen to jam bands. in fact, I feel slightly insulted by that insinuation.

I was at both red rocks shows last time, and I'd have been there THIS time, too, if I didn't have to spend all the money currently available to me on cool shit like this incurable autoimmune disease and chronic epilepsy.
    I'm not sure what I said to prompt that response. I certainly didn't intend to offend you, or anyone.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-03-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    You... you've seen the setlists the past couple of years, right? The fact that you never know what you're going to get is what makes going to multiple shows so fun (as opposed to something like Tension where I agree going to multiple shows would have had diminishing returns). But in 2018, I went to all six shows at the Palladium in LA and managed to be surprised every single night.
    Fuuuuck yes, i'm quite aware. That's why I loved the two nites at RR, and the live debut of TPD, and why it breaks my goddamn heart that I'm not in Denver NOW, especially after seeing the setlist for nite one. There's even a song on there I've yet to see live: aatchb. That's why I said "multiple shows, of course, make sense for THESE tours, but blah blah blah money."
    All SIX shows? Holy god that would have been amazing. I've watched fillow's dope ass edits. Oh. Also, for the record, there haven't BEEN any shows in the past couple of years. Did you mean the past few MONTHS? But, no, I haven't forgotten C&B&I, which kicked off FOUR FUVKING YEARS AGO, which, JESUS that's terrifying.

@otnavuskire , To be clear, I don't make ANY money, as I am physically unable to work, now, nor do i still live in dallas, where ONE of my friends would get me a seat. I also have no car.
    These days, I get to ask my mommy to pleeeeeease take us to Denver to see The Nine Inch Nails, which invariably turns into a big ass, 2-3 week thing that costs 8 or 9k, as my brother and his kids are there, now, and THEY all wanna be at the hotel, too.
    And we already did that once this year. I got to see Old 97s at least, for the hundred and somethingth time. I'm afraid they're almost done.
    This was NOT what I imagined 42 would be like when I was a kid, though
    Re: static setlists, I feel you. I saw FDTS twice, wherein the set was EXACTLY the same, and I didn't even notice, honestly, being 14 and just UTTERLY obsessed.

So I sure hope y'all filmed Red Rocks One with your fancy telephones.
    And was the lighting the same this time?

Edit: The only thing that scares me about these pure fan service set lists is that it makes me worried that they're preparing for the BIG wave goodbye.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-03-2022 at 12:37 PM.