Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1794

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Considering that the Cleveland show was delayed from last year, and that it's the last non-event show of the year, I'd say there's a good chance they do something cool. I doubt they'll play a full album, but there's plenty of wiggle room to play some rarities at least.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The headline show setlists this tour have been pretty fantastic all the way through, so I think another great setlist is a realistic expectation (more than anything I'm just crossing my fingers for Sunspots). As to how "extra" it is, I think that all depends on how much Trent, Atticus and co. are treating it as the Rock Hall show that never was. 2020 killed their chance for an induction performance, they seemed to schedule the first 2021 Cleveland dates in lieu of that (apparently with cool plans afoot) but of course covid ruined that too, but after all those years deferred, they finally play Cleveland this weekend.

I think the setlist will represent most of the discography as the setlists thus far have been and given that, if nothing else, it's basically NIN Fan Convention at this point, I think it will be an impressive one. If we're lucky maybe fellow inductees Chris and Danny will lend their talents at some point, but I'm not going crazy with expectations. I look at that Vegas setlist and I feel so excited for what I know is already possible.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    The headline show setlists this tour have been pretty fantastic all the way through, so I think another great setlist is a realistic expectation (more than anything I'm just crossing my fingers for Sunspots). As to how "extra" it is, I think that all depends on how much Trent, Atticus and co. are treating it as the Rock Hall show that never was. 2020 killed their chance for an induction performance, they seemed to schedule the first 2021 Cleveland dates in lieu of that (apparently with cool plans afoot) but of course covid ruined that too, but after all those years deferred, they finally play Cleveland this weekend.

I think the setlist will represent most of the discography as the setlists thus far have been and given that, if nothing else, it's basically NIN Fan Convention at this point, I think it will be an impressive one. If we're lucky maybe fellow inductees Chris and Danny will lend their talents at some point, but I'm not going crazy with expectations. I look at that Vegas setlist and I feel so excited for what I know is already possible.
    The tape of the Vegas show is fucking amazing. I'm listening the Bend show right now & it's as good a performance & recording.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yeah I believe it. This lineup is on fire and it has been so amazing seeing them back to touring this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I gave up expecting any surprises on this leg of the tour, and it's probably for the best. We hyped ourselves up with ridiculous expectations (The Fragile Left & Right for Red Rocks 1/2; Year Zero full album live since it's 2022 and whatnot) and nothing even close to this ever happened. Live debuts earlier this year were nice, but I don't see them adding more songs solely for the last date.

What I realistically expect: Trent doing a guest spot on Supernaut during Ministry set, and Pretty Hate Machine 5-song fakeout at the start of NIN set (swerving off into MOTP just as everyone begin to expect Kinda I Want To)
    I can't help but echo this right here, we all, including myself almost got way too hyped, I say go into Cleavend thinking it will be the same as the festivals and then maybe you'll be a little surprised. I almost , almost thought they might do a surprise playing of year zero for riot fest since riot is famous for album plays, I mean it takes place right now what would have been a better time. As on another note for Cleavend, I'd just buy the $40 lawn ticket if it was me, I'd hate to spend $300-$1000 for a set that I might have seen, I say let the scalpers eat the tickets.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 09-19-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I don't know why anyone would have expected The Fragile at Red Rocks, and I especially don't get why people thought they would do Left on night one and Right on night two. Doing that whole album live is a huge ask and a remote hope at best, but if they did it, I think they'd do the whole thing at once and not just cut it in half! I mean when they played The Downward Spiral the set still had an hour of material after the album. If they were gonna do something as insane as The Fragile live, I think it would be so weird to stop at The Great Below and either end the set or jump into other material. A lot of the audience of both shows would only end up seeing half the album! Just doesn't make sense to me, even for an already farfetched concept.

I think expectations like these are just evidence of how spoiled rotten we've gotten with setlists!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Would be real nice if Primavera's YT account would post a RELIVE of the NIN set as they've done with some of the Barcelona 2022 acts.

there was no webstream all weekend. Not in their budget at all. Bicep streamed their set on instagram live and that was like it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I can't help but echo this right here, we all, including myself almost got way too hyped, I say go into Cleavend thinking it will be the same as the festivals and then maybe you'll be a little surprised. I almost , almost thought they might do a surprise playing of year zero for riot fest since riot is famous for album plays, I mean it takes place right now what would have been a better time. As on another note for Cleavend, I'd just buy the $40 lawn ticket if it was me, I'd hate to spend $300-$1000 for a set that I might have seen, I say let the scalpers eat the tickets.
    The problem with the idea of them playing Year Zero at Riot Fest (or any festival) is that most of the people in the audience are not die-hards and Year Zero didn't really have any big hit singles. It's also a long enough album that there would only be time for like two, maybe three of the songs most people want to hear (mostly Closer, Head Like a Hole, The Hand That Feeds, & Hurt). When I was leaving the Edgefield show, I overheard someone complaining that they didn't play Closer and I'm guessing that's one of the three or four NIN songs they actually know. If they played Year Zero front-to-back in any festival setting, the reality is that many people would leave disappointed because they don't know those songs and I think the band knows this. It would be different if they played Pretty Hate Machine or The Downward Spiral in full because people actually know those albums. I could see them MAYBE doing Year Zero at a headlining show, but even then, if it's not announced ahead of time, as exciting as it would be for people like us, I think it would piss off most of the crowd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Some Primavera photos

Last edited by suprefan; 09-20-2022 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Some Primavera photos

���� These are so damn good! ��

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    I don't know why anyone would have expected The Fragile at Red Rocks, and I especially don't get why people thought they would do Left on night one and Right on night two. Doing that whole album live is a huge ask and a remote hope at best, but if they did it, I think they'd do the whole thing at once and not just cut it in half! I mean when they played The Downward Spiral the set still had an hour of material after the album. If they were gonna do something as insane as The Fragile live, I think it would be so weird to stop at The Great Below and either end the set or jump into other material. A lot of the audience of both shows would only end up seeing half the album! Just doesn't make sense to me, even for an already farfetched concept.

I think expectations like these are just evidence of how spoiled rotten we've gotten with setlists!
    We're In This Together would shred Trent's vocal chords!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did anybody get any good photos of the NIN signage outside of Planet Hollywood or Zappos Theatre? The video screen signage changed after the concert and I wasn't able to get a photo...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Nono!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Not if he got Robin to do the chorus

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Not if he got Robin to do the chorus
    I love Robin's vocals. Yes, his voice would suit that nicely. I love that song!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    ���� These are so damn good! ��
    Agreed! These are awesome!!!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    When they played it in 2007 (a total of five times), they played it in a lower key so Trent wouldn't have to sing/scream as high. I'm sure it was still a strain on his voice then and it's been 15 years, so yeah, I'd be really surprised if they ever play it again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Today is the 30th anniversary of Broken. Any chance we might get the full EP tonight at LTL?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rice View Post
    Today is the 30th anniversary of Broken. Any chance we might get the full EP tonight at LTL?
    Stranger things have happened, but they tend to play predictable setlists for festival shows.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Did anybody get any good photos of the NIN signage outside of Planet Hollywood or Zappos Theatre? The video screen signage changed after the concert and I wasn't able to get a photo...
    Ugh I was in Vegas in August and tried getting one and I missed it. The video screen image was dope. So cool to see really huge like that.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    It’s a sin that Please has only been done 15 times live.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It’s a sin that Please has only been done 15 times live.
    Seriously. We need this. It’s the forum’s namesake.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Ugh I was in Vegas in August and tried getting one and I missed it. The video screen image was dope. So cool to see really huge like that.

i have it. But its somewhere on a hard drive. I was there in Feb and the sign popped up a few times

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rice View Post

the butt rockers dont deserve it. Really good set it seems though and didnt cut anything out

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah they def. went on the heavier side again tonight. Fair way to handle it considering the crowd.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Man, they really missed playing this song, didn't they?

6yUJb2s.png

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    the return of Suck! yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amazing show last night. Very Downward Spiral heavy set. Fourth time in a row I’ve seen Mr Self Destruct open lol.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Man, they really missed playing this song, didn't they?
    According to the Rock Hall, it's a Career Defining track (image stolen from Discordance):

Can't say I disagree, really (assuming "Ghosts IV" is the one sampled for "Old Town Road").

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Nono!
    I wish one time they would play a medley of intros from a dozen of the least played songs, just to mess with the audience.