Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1794

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, basically it was The Frail and I am expecting The Wretched and I hear the sample loop from Eraser. The drums kick in and the lights kick in to show Chris pounding away at the intro, shortly Charlie appears on the monitor above and comes out and starts doing theremin, Danny the follows head down looking like a rockstar and banging on the guitar. The camera then cuts to Richard backstage for a bit who comes out and throws some water on the crowd and starts singing. After that it is a free for all with the 9 Nine Inch Nails band! Besides "Hey Man Nice Shot" Richard sang on the choruses and the second verse of HLAH. It was so special. I am glad I flew out. I didn't need any one off song or something like that. Seeing the live version of NIN that was my first version of them as a kid and RP was enough. I hope those guys come back. It would be so awesome to see what they could accomplish while not being all drugged and partied out. I doubt that will happen but maybe in the spread out and only a few shows at a time version....

I didn't film much, I was too busy thrashing out but here are some clips.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqp...gRDXhCTFdiH1Bg

One cool thing that happened to me was I went down towards the front when the show was over and met John Bechdel (Ministry/Ascension of the Watchers), Curse Mackey and Reggie Watts. I had some stickers of my own project, Robot Snake, and gave Reggie one. We were taking a photo and one was snapped and he was like, "Oh wait, lets get one with your sticker!" and held it up for the photo. Super nice of him. We chatted about him and Marc Rebillet jamming because I am from Dallas and that is where Marc started. I was lucky enough to see him in some of his early days and get to know him. That's another story. Just happy for him and he and Reggie are a perfect match! Someone on the discord said Danny Elfman was there as well as they were on the same flight. I was honestly surprised I did not see more celebs. NIN is so beloved and I am just so glad I went. Seeing Danny bring it on stage was the best. He is such a little smart ass that doesn't just bow in the greatness of Trent like some of the guys seem to do. haha
    Last edited by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY; 09-25-2022 at 11:17 PM. Reason: im dumb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Yeah I kinda feel this, I hate to say it but NIN is Trent Reznor so to me I would have been a little disappointed in the setlist and super jeolouls of the Vegas show if I didn't go to it. I hate to be negative but we got better songs in Vegas in my opinion. Its always hard cause every show is special and different but I am kinda glad I didn't spend over $1,000 getting to this show, it would have been a logistics nightmare for me.
    I have been resisting looking up the setlist or any info for this show. I was close to dropping 1k to go last minute. And also dealing with logistics nightmare from nyc.

I still havent looked at setlist, but I was at Vegas too. And 6 other NIN shows this year. Your post is easing my pit of regret for missing the last show. Sounds amazing, but Vegas was an awesome show to end this tour with.

Just wished they’d done 3 nights like in 2018!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ke View Post
    "yaaaa clevelaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!"

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    "yaaaa clevelaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!"
    It makes me laugh each time and I don't know why, haha. Probably cause it feels so schlocky front man-esque.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    It makes me laugh each time and I don't know why, haha. Probably cause it feels so schlocky front man-esque.
    The random "HEY!"s crack me up. White guy soul yell like James Brown or something. Trent does have the funk though.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm ready for some change from NIN. One of the best things about the band is how they've always changed and evolved throughout time. Looking forward to seeing the next evolution.
    Same. I've been so happy with the CBI tour in terms of new surprises, old favorites, and the absolute unpredictability of it all. But as much as I love hearing the old songs, I'm so ready for something new. New album, new stage aesthetic, new pool of songs for the setlist, new world, new times, mutation, feels all right.

EDIT: I just realized a staggering statistic. Blossom was my 29th NIN show, which I knew, but SEVENTEEN of those shows have been in the 2017-2022 tour cycle. My 1995 - 2014 NIN experience was seeing them once or twice each tour, so each time was a new experience. It's no wonder I'm feeling a little burned out given that almost 2/3 of the NIN shows I've been to have been in the I Can't Seem To Wake Up / Cold & Black & Infinite cycle (but holy shit was it amazing and would I absolutely do it all over again).
    Last edited by Toadflax; 09-26-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So the C&B&I tour is winding down huh. Doesn't seem that infinite to me.

/shitpost

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just came here to say that NIN live in 2022, and especially that last show at Cuyahoga Falls, was a fucking godsend after what were easily probably a couple of the worst years of my entire fucking life (and I doubt I'm alone here in that sentiment). I'm very thankful that everybody involved in this tour made it through the pandemic all right and were able to pull this off as brilliantly as they did. I really think this is one of the best tours Trent's every done. What a light in a very, very dark time.

Regarding Trent's post-show remarks... the nature of NIN is change; it's what's kept the project so interesting, vital, and fresh after all these years while so many of his peers have stagnated. That last show was certainly a perfect and very tasteful way to put that era of 2016-2022 (and its ethos) to bed. I, like many others, am incredibly excited to see what comes next!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I didn't find the link posted yet but VetsAid show will be streamed it seems. Finally a stream! :-D

It will be 19.99 and they offer some special merch.

https://vetsaid.veeps.com/events/f2d...b-355db45079a3

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    (Replying to a comment from the Tour Journal thread...)

Quote Originally Posted by AVirtualMemoryOfficial View Post
    Oh and listening to the tape from ninlive.com of this show right now as I'm typing this. If you haven't downloaded that yet, DO IT! One of the best (if not THE best) tape(s) of the whole tour!
    Yeah, seconded. That recording is quite excellent (among a sea of generally-excellent recordings! We are spoiled by our wonderful tapers. ) Definitely give that a download.
    Last edited by xolotl; 09-27-2022 at 10:03 AM. Reason: general general

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Someone on Reddit asked about the Cleveland soundcheck. Charlie Clouser responded

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm a bit sad they didn't let Chris V. play a song or two alone. It's kinda impossible to hear what he does when Ilan plays at the same time.

I feel like Chris' drum parts are often underrated in comparison to all the future drummers, and a big part of that is just their live mixing and completely different drum micing (is that a word?). You just can tell than since Jerome/Fragility they use much more acoustic-sounding kit and it's hard to compare.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Back in those days, they were basically using the drum mics on Chris's kit to trigger a sampler (at least for the Self Destruct tour, anyway) so you rarely ever hear his acoustic drum sound on most recordings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Might also be to do with technical jumps forward/change of sound engineer etc - Sean Beavan, their live engineer from the start left in 96

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The backing vocals on "Every Day is Exactly the Same" from the Bend, OR tape are exquisite. Matter of fact the backing vocals are fantastic through the whole show. I don't usually think of NIN backing vocals but they are really great on the tapes from the whole tour. There's more to it than "Shit Mirror" haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://vsmusick.wordpress.com/2022/...eview-9-24-22/

Finally got around to reviewing the Cleveland show

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    https://vsmusick.wordpress.com/2022/...eview-9-24-22/

Finally got around to reviewing the Cleveland show
    Nice write up. Wish I could've gone to this one but I'm still blown away by the 2 shows I did see (Troutdale & Bend OR). My first NIN show was the first date of TDS tour in Seattle & I've seen them many times since. The Outside show in Tacoma is the best concert (out of hundreds) that I ever went to. I must say though, the last one I saw in Bend was really close to that. Totally amazing. I managed to bookend CB&I nicely as I went to Vegas for a show @ the Hard Rock in 2017. They haven't played in the Seattle area in a really long time. We were on the books for a 3 night theater run that COVID wiped out. This year's shows really hurt me as I'm in bad shape health wise but it was worth the effort. Unless something changes radically it was probably my last rock and roll road trip. At least I went out with a bang!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hope someone rips the stream on Sunday. I have a work meeting Sunday night so I will be missing this sadly

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Hope someone rips the stream on Sunday. I have a work meeting Sunday night so I will be missing this sadly
    It will be recorded, but if you want to pay for it, it will be available to watch on-demand for 2 days after the event.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It will be recorded, but if you want to pay for it, it will be available to watch on-demand for 2 days after the event.
    Where is it streaming?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Where is it streaming?
    https://vetsaid.veeps.com/events/f2d...b-355db45079a3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This the same service that the Bowie tribute was streamed on?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    This the same service that the Bowie tribute was streamed on?
    No, that was Rolling Live Studios, apparently.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Weird how quiet things have seemed to be when tomorrow is potentially the last performance of this lineup of NIN. For a while I was seriously considering buying tickets off StubHub and flying back and forth to catch VetsAid but it was just too expensive to justify for an opening set of questionable length. I'll be buying the live stream instead. Hope everyone going has a terrific time.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Still kicking myself for not finding a way to make Cleveland work.

Literally the day after we decided we were not going they announced the fan appreciation day at the hall of Fame.

Totally would have blown away the last NIN show I went to (Aragon 2018 night 2) and I doubt anything else will come remotely close. A third of the setlist was song I haven't heard live too (sanctified, eraser, reptile, ect)

Fuck, don't miss out on shows you buy tickets for guys. I should and could have asked my friends for help to make this work but I was too damn stubborn to ask for help. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 11-13-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

i for one would pay 20$ for any live stream of nine inch nails. i think it’s bullshit that in these modern times, he hasn’t given us a proper nine inch nails show stream. do a “live from the studio” on nin.com or a striped down type youtube session that’s 40 minutes long. hell, charge us to watch rehearsals (band practice, cool!) something! pick your charity, reznor. i’ll never forget the feeling of watching those amazing bowie covers from 2021. i’m thrilled to watch tonight from my couch. i want more.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i for one would pay 20$ for any live stream of nine inch nails. i think it’s bullshit that in these modern times, he hasn’t given us a proper nine inch nails show stream. do a “live from the studio” on nin.com or a striped down type youtube session that’s 40 minutes long. hell, charge us to watch rehearsals (band practice, cool!) something! pick your charity, reznor.
    I agree. The fact that there hasn't been a proper live release in a long time is kind of disappointing too. Yeah, they've thrown out the occasional video of a song on YouTube, but it's not the same.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Do we know the schedule for this show? I'll probably watch the whole thing because I bought it, but I want to make particularly sure that I'm available when NIN is on.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Set times from the box office:

6:30 - Breeders
    7:40 - The Black Keys
    8:55 - Nine Inch Nails
    10:00 - James Gang
    11:00 - Joe Walsh

So, it looks like Grohl may be guesting with the other acts.