26 Post(s)

NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Biffy Clyro on Sunday lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    France isnt the first date at least

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i hate festivals but i’m way too excited about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Single day tickets are available for Shaky Knees. $100. All ticket types onsale tomorrow at 10am est. Really good deal at just above $200 for those 3 days.

https://www.shakykneesfestival.com/tickets

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Biffy Clyro on Sunday lol.
    (whoever the fuck they are)

They prompted one of the most underrated Trent Tantrums of all time.

Skip to 32:10.

Last edited by Sarah K; 11-10-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hype overload. Only four or so hours away from me. Bet your ass I’ll be there.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, generally not a fan of US festival gigs but at least it will be comfortable temperature wise. I remember being miserable at Piedmont Park waiting for McCartney but I've never been to this Atlanta park.

Anyhow, let's hope we can get some side gigs during the festival run.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Anyhow, let's hope we can get some side gigs during the festival run.
    I'm sure someone else is more plugged into the US festival circuit than me but it seems like Coachella is the only opportunity other than Shaky Knees before they jet to Hellfest. Boston Calling would be an obvious fit but probably doesn't have room for another headliner. Maybe Bottlerock...back to the west coast before leaving for Europe? Other than that I'm assuming all outdoor venues at least through summer.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

The part in The Warning where Trent goes apeshit screaming "ticking" for no reason has been stuck in my head ever since FernandoDante did that 2013 festival recap video:

Classic.

I've gone back and forth about doing this festival, since Atlanta isn't THAT far away and CHVRCHES on the same day as NIN is a nice pairing. But the rest of the lineup stirs up absolutely nothing for me, so it's probably not worth the hassle. They'll do a solo tour next year, right...?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    You don't know about Bliffy Cyro?

JESUS, sarah, you need to get with the times!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm sure someone else is more plugged into the US festival circuit than me but it seems like Coachella is the only opportunity other than Shaky Knees before they jet to Hellfest. Boston Calling would be an obvious fit but probably doesn't have room for another headliner. Maybe Bottlerock...back to the west coast before leaving for Europe? Other than that I'm assuming all outdoor venues at least through summer.
    welcome to Rockville is announcing their headliners on Friday. I think that’s a strong candidate also.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'd like to hope that since NIN pulled out of Riot Fest this year, they'd hop on the 2022 lineup, but it already has My Chemical Romance and The Misfits confirmed. I just wish I knew if they're going to be playing closer to MN (or even reschedule those two Minneapolis stops that they had planned for 2020) so that I could know if I should buy tickets for Shaky Knees or just wait for something closer like Chicago...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Why only festivals. They can play outdoor shows if they want. Outdoor amps will open their venues in April if need be. Could easily play The Hollywood Bowl or even the Greek Theatre in LA as warm ups. Bottlerock isnt the type to book NIN as it is. They could play governors Ball which is the first weekend of June. Theres lots of options, but the thing is there is at least a guarantee of some dates happening in the spring stateside before going to europe for one show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not to derail this thread too much, but whilst Biffy Clyro had annoyed Trent for that performance, the rock n roll comment seemed like a response to the speech at 38 minutes from the band on stage before them:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Why only festivals. They can play outdoor shows if they want.
    No one said anything about only festivals.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    No one said anything about only festivals.

well the response was what other festivals can they play. Not “ok so when is the red rocks date”. Big difference. Also interesting assumption that they wouldnt dare perform indoors either.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Makes me excited they announced anything at all, and I eyed the tickets, but I'm going to pass on that one - we have family outside Atlanta that would 100% demand we make the extra trek to go see them if we were there, and I feel drained just thinking about that whole scenario. Plus the rest of the lineup does nothing for me.

Seems like they will probably announce some other spring or summer dates (not just festivals), even if its sort of a scaled back kind of tour? Maybe before Hellfest, maybe after.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    well the response was what other festivals can they play. Not “ok so when is the red rocks date”. Big difference. Also interesting assumption that they wouldnt dare perform indoors either.
    Because festivals are [mostly] known variables? Can they play Red Rocks or Hollywood Bowl? Yeah sure. I'm not going to spend much time thinking about it but if you want to put together a fantasy itinerary go right ahead.

And outdoor shows in the short term seems perfectly logical to me given TR's family, the families of the rest of the band members (and I assume crew), and the comments that have already been made about being careful and not rushing it. You're free to disagree.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, I see this announcement as "there will be festival shows, there's potential for solo shows" all assuming the US doesn't continue to / once again fuck everything up.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    welcome to Rockville is announcing their headliners on Friday. I think that’s a strong candidate also.
    That seems likely, especially since it's scheduled for mid-May & they had to cancel for this year. Are there any other East coast festivals in-between Shaky Knees & Rockville?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Probably the (overloaded) festival circuit, with some club or ampitheatre dates thrown in to to fill in the schedule. Safe bet to say it’ll be the same production with a slightly variating setlist but we’ll see I guess.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No way I can make Hellfest, despite not actually being that far from me.. Desperately hoping for a headline London show while they're in this neck of the woods though. Feels like it's been a million years, not just three and a half. Good luck to everyone getting US festival tickets - I hope they do announce more, and all goes without a hitch.

LOLing at the Biffy Clyro beef once again. Saw them WAY back, supporting another band and I thought they were shit then. Despite being a support act they got really huffy about technical issues and came across pissy, cold and arrogant, and NOT in a cool way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    That seems likely, especially since it's scheduled for mid-May & they had to cancel for this year. Are there any other East coast festivals in-between Shaky Knees & Rockville?
    Sonic Temple is a week before Rockville, that's another contender.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Welcome to Rockville announced its first headliner for 2022 and its Korn. Maybe theyre just going to announce one each day this weekend while the festival is happening. So 2 more chances to see if NIN is on it or not.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nope. No NIN, unless theyre underneath one of the headliners which I would say fat chance.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It would be funny for NIN to perform on Saturday before GNR.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Glad dates are getting announced because I still have my ticket for THE ULTIMATE INDUSTRIAL FESTIVAL™ next year Hellfest, and while I'm sure the show would happen regardless of NIN, the thought of not seeing the specific line up I have dreamed about for 25 years (Skinny Puppy x Ministry x NIN) would just make me sad beyond belief.

Regardless I'm still be going to Europe next year, there are numerous museums I want to visit in Paris and Berlin and I really, really want to visit HR Giger's Rue du Château in Gruyères, Switzerland among other tourist-y type stuff I want to do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If anyone wants to chance it on seeing Halsey

https://twitter.com/staplescenter/st...385793031?s=21

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Regardless I'm still be going to Europe next year, there are numerous museums I want to visit in Paris and Berlin and I really, really want to visit HR Giger's Rue du Château in Gruyères, Switzerland among other tourist-y type stuff I want to do.
    that's really cool! Make sure to try some fondue moitié-moitié once you're there.
    Also, not far away from Gruyères there's the largest collection of synths in the whole Switzerland if you're into this kind of stuff https://www.smemmusic.ch/en/about

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Going to try to reach out to the folks at Sea Hear Now festival and recommend NIN. This year, Pearl Jam was a headliner one night and Smashing Pumpkins the other. Cool music festival on the beach.