Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1794

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Haven’t they been adding backup distorted vocals to the chorus of Gave Up for years or am I wrong?
    Probably. Same with the screaming in the Happiness In Slavery breakdown. I think that stuff sort of falls into the "background noise" category when compared to the cleaner vocals we're talking about--and even then I think they try to bury it in the mix both with levels and by having the other guys in the band sing over top of it. Again, I think they're doing the best they can with the catch-22 you put yourself in by having lots of variety and layers in your music. I remember being a teenager listening to bands like The Cure and Erasure, who use tons of different instruments in their song, and imagining they must have like 30 people on stage when they play live, only to later realize that that's rarely a viable solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don’t know, I might be the odd man out, but I’m willing to give the dude a break given that it’s a backing track of his wife.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    I feel really bad for everybody that was behind this asshole holding his phone in the air for literally the *entire* fucking show.
    Hey genius, I was next to this guy. He wasn't holding it in the air the entire show, it was like at his neck/chest and it wasn't a phone. Look how low it was filmed, there's heads and everything in the way. Jesus Christ.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the band (and Trent especially) definitely looked a bit rusty, from the videos so far. I hope it gets better, and I'm sure it felt much better in person.

most bands would after not performing in 3 and a half years. They didnt even do a warm up show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, I watched the live video - not the whole thing, but certain parts to get the right impression of what's going on. When I first saw the setlist I was a bit disappointed, like they were playing it safe, with no new songs in it. It seems like they were aiming for a continuation of C&B&I, like they intended for 2020, but it was nonetheless a solid performance from the live band. Some songs ("The Becoming" et al) prove that Atticus really does do something on stage; I always assumed that his sampler was usually completely drowned out by the rest of band and some tapes, especially given that the 2009 and 2014 tours had scaled back the use of live keyboards. I needed to see a video from a different angle to confirm that the "Only Time" breakdown of "Closer" is sampled now; watching Alessandro jump on the keyboard during that part was one of my favorite parts of Beside You In Time. "Fashion" was a good cover, though Robin Finck still has nothing on Robert Fripp, and it did feel a bit out of place in the set.

I want to see NIN take some more risks later in the tour: bring back the longer (two hours+) sets, play ANY random album in full (except maybe the Ghosts ones), include some ambient tracks played only by TR&AR, do a set if dominantly deep cuts (ignoring most of the hits), play some of the remixes (with the Things Falling Apart version of "The Wretched" being the one I most want to see), etc. The song I most want to see on the tour is probably "Isn't Everyone", with probably one of the other members singing Jake's parts.

PS: In addition to the regular live keyboards, I also really miss the instrumental midsection of "The Day The World Went Away", though I do admit that it probably works better near the end than near the beginning of the show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Imagine saying a setlist with And All That Could Have Been and The Perfect Drug was safe like five years ago. They really spoiled us on the last run.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I finally caved and checked the setlist from Raleigh after seeing a couple spoilers on the web. Looks f’n great. Hope Fashion and AATCHB stay in for tomorrow night. Would love to see Head Down or Discipline swapped with 1000000 too. Work Me, I’m Not in and I could die happy. Can’t wait!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That Fashion cover is awful, sticks out like the sorest of thumbs and I hope I never have to suffer through it. Fight me.
    Lighten up, Francis. It’s four minutes you can go take a piss and grab another overpriced Bud Light. You’ll be alright. Let the kids have a little fun. Not everyone lacks a pulse.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if any of these shows will be live streamed? (I'm thinking maybe the Festival shows in particular)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just noticed TR didn’t sing the “nah nah nah”s at the end of TDTWWA. Is this a first for that too?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    What a great shot. And happy to see a lot of familiar faces railing...

081F31C7-C83F-4A4F-9E4B-BD5C0B97D236.png
    Last edited by witte; 04-30-2022 at 05:05 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Just noticed TR didn’t sing the “nah nah nah”s at the end of TDTWWA. Is this a first for that too?

I think this started in 2017, after switching back to the album version (first played in 2014) following a brief revival of the 2009 version.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Another asshole shot the whole show on his fucking phone (further back):

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Another asshole shot the whole show on his fucking phone (further back):
    These assholes gonna leave me out of work!

Or should I proceed with multicam edit anyway?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw Nitzer Ebb last Sunday in Vienna and that was really awesome - so for the people attending shows that have Nitzer Ebb as support band, have fun! Really cool.
    Last edited by dominik; 04-30-2022 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Oohhh lights. Not the Raleigh ones. I think I remember them w/ CB&I Part One.

stage_setup.jpg

Sorry about size/orientation. Will fix after Franklin.
    Last edited by m0reta; 05-07-2022 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Fixed image.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Oohhh lights. Not the Raleigh ones. I think I remember them w/ CB&I Part One.
    I think I've seen those at Stop N Shop over the rotisserie chickens!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Does anyone know if any of these shows will be live streamed? (I'm thinking maybe the Festival shows in particular)
    possibly Boston Calling. But not Shaky Knees.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Come on Trent
    Its time for Zoo Station, Mantra, Sanity Assasin, Amtosphere, 24 Hours plus Everything, Where is Everybody, We're in this together, Some ghosts, Underneath it All, No You Don't , In Two, I Would For You, the Line Begins to Blur, Getting Smaller You Know what you are with Robin....
    Your heart wanna do it

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Oohhh lights. Not the Raleigh ones. I think I remember them w/ CB&I Part ...
    Well they are gone now. I guess they were Mt Joy's. My bad!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Same setup!

raleigh_stage.jpg
    Last edited by m0reta; 05-07-2022 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Fixed image.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    They picked a solid opener tonight

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Heresy has returned!!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    One of my good friends is at Shaky Knees right now. Sending me clips through SnapChat. Totally jealous. Mr. Self Destruct and Heresy are two big ones.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just got my phone charged after it died during HtF at Shaky Knees. Great festival show, mostly
    hits but with some good deep cuts thrown in. Band sounded great. A little different setup with Ilan on left side of stage and Atticus in the middle. Setlist:

Mr Self Destruct
    Wish
    Less Than
    March of the Pigs
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    Sin
    Piggy
    Closer
    Copy of A
    Heresy
    Burn
    Survivalism
    The Perfect Drug
    Im Afraid of Americans
    Gave Up
    Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole
    Hurt

Don’t think I missed any but some might be out of order. Highlight was Sin and Heresy. I was in line for the bathroom during Copy of A and ran back to the VIP pit when I heard Heresy start up. Afraid of Americans was great to see too.
    Last edited by K-Rice; 05-01-2022 at 12:11 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Heresy has returned!!
    hersey was my favorite part. mind blown. playing that song to 30k people in my home city in the bible belt felt fucking validating. the setlist flowed great. it sucks we didn’t get ediets which was apparently on the setlist according to @ninlive !

the whole festival experience was better than i thought it would be. the crowd was nice and people were into it. i’m sure new fans were made tonight. the sound was fucking great too. i couldn't really see the stage at all most of the time but every once in awhile, the crowd would part and i get a peek at one of the guys way up there.

i’m so grateful to meet a few of you tonight and see some friends i haven’t seen in awhile. i’ll post more in the sk thread tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    I feel really bad for everybody that was behind this asshole holding his phone in the air for literally the *entire* fucking show.
    I filmed that video. It was filmed chest height for nearly all of it with the screen off and I asked everyone around me prior if it was cool if I held up the camera occasionally and that they could tap me and tell me to stop if in any way I got in the way. So cheers botley, glad you enjoyed it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ratm.live View Post
    I filmed that video. It was filmed chest height for nearly all of it with the screen off and I asked everyone around me prior if it was cool if I held up the camera occasionally and that they could tap me and tell me to stop if in any way I got in the way. So cheers botley, glad you enjoyed it
    Thank you for taking the care to do this and capturing the first show back in 4K, plus being the first (I think) with audio up for both nights. Jealous of you @ninlive, and Hahninator getting to see it in person, but really grateful you guys have been letting everyone else experience it though your efforts.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Full Shaky Knees video is up already.

Missing Hurt, but it's uploaded separately by the same user.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    They might wanna tone it down a bit on the strobe lights. Mr. Self Destruct and Wish back to back is nuts. I've seen alot of NIN footage but that Shaky Knees video has some crazy ass lights to the point where it's kinda hard to watch but I blame the persons camera more than anything. One thing I've noticed over the years is that NIN's lights always seem to not play nice with some peoples cameras.

What's up with that LED light bar above them? It was originally higher up in Raleigh.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 05-01-2022 at 03:51 AM.