Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1722

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Not a complaint at all, because damn are we spoiled by these setlists, but I miss The Background World, Over and Out, Burning Bright, and Branches/Bones being in the rotation. Also, we haven't had a Mariqueen appearance yet this year, have we?
    Same here. Those are some of my favorite tracks from the Trilogy. Would’ve loved to have seen Not Anymore debut on this leg but maybe they’ll bring it out for 2023?!?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Same here. Those are some of my favorite tracks from the Trilogy. Would’ve loved to have seen Not Anymore debut on this leg but maybe they’ll bring it out for 2023?!?
    I like those songs, too. Less Than was stellar in Troutdale. I love that song. I know it's a bit more mainstream than usual but that song totally rocks live.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Less Than was stellar in Troutdale. I love that song. I know it's a bit more mainstream than usual but that song totally rocks live.
    Yeah, Less Than is one of those songs that I'm so-so on, but I agree it's really fun to see live. Most of the "radio songs" from the past decade are just kind of fine to me; I don't love them, but I think they're good songs and have a fun time singing along with them at shows.

On a side note, Yves Tumor has been a fucking awesome opener. Seen them three times so far and excited to see them again tomorrow night.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, Less Than is one of those songs that I'm so-so on, but I agree it's really fun to see live. Most of the "radio songs" from the past decade are just kind of fine to me; I don't love them, but I think they're good songs and have a fun time singing along with them at shows.

On a side note, Yves Tumor has been a fucking awesome opener. Seen them three times so far and excited to see them again tomorrow night.
    I enjoyed Yves Tumor, also. I wasn't familiar with them (hey, I'm older than dirt haha. My first NIN show was the first show of TDS tour in Seattle) but plan on checking out the records. Hope someone puts a tape out of them. The last time I saw NIN was in 2017 with Tobacco opening. Yves Tumor were much better. There's a fantastic tape of the Troutdale show out already. Fingers crossed that someone recorded the Bend show, too. Both were amazing but I give Bend the edge because it had some of my absolute favorites in the set. Something I Can Never Have always gets me & that was only the second time they played it this tour. I'm still recovering from the road trip. About to take a pre Monday Night Football nap. Naps are good!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    These setlists are stacked with fan favorites and rarities and deep cut to an unpredictable extent that is beyond complaint, and I'm very glad that Add Violence and Bad Witch remain fairly well-represented at this year's shows. But I will say that I hope one day (maybe on the next tour) Not The Actual Events get shown the love it deserves. It's probably my favorite of the trilogy, very possibly one of my favorite NIN releases, and it has easily been the most absent from setlists, both during Cold And Black And Infinite and now, with zero NTAE tracks making it into 2022 shows so far. Like I said, these setlists are too great to needle with complaints, I'm just surprised that such amazing material has been kind of slept on since its release. I can vouch that Branches/Bones and Burning Bright (Field On Fire) are blisteringly terrific live but even moreso, the incredible middle three tracks of that first EP have been especially neglected (Dear World, has been played only 4 times, She's Gone Away only once, and The Idea of You never at all!) and I just hope eventually they get their day in the sun.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 09-13-2022 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    These setlists are stacked with fan favorites and rarities and deep cut to an unpredictable extent that is beyond complaint, and I'm very glad that Add Violence and Bad Witch remain fairly well-represented at this year's shows. But I will say that I hope one day (maybe on the next tour) Not The Actual Events get shown the love it deserves. It's probably my favorite of the trilogy, very possibly one of my favorite NIN releases, and it has easily been the most absent from setlists, both during Cold And Black And Infinite and now, with zero NTAE tracks making it into 2022 shows so far. Like I said, these setlists are too great to needle with complaints, I'm just surprised that such amazing material has been kind of slept on since its release. I can vouch that Branches/Bones and Burning Bright (Field On Fire) are blisteringly terrific live but even moreso, the incredible middle three tracks of that first EP have been especially neglected (Dear World, has been played only 4 times, She's Gone Away only once, and The Idea of You never at all!) and I just hope eventually they get their day in the sun.
    Agree with your statement but I really like how they have been spreading out most of the records in the setlists. I would add Ghosts to your statement but I realize that would be tough with an hour forty five minute set. I would love to maybe see them ditch opening acts & do "Evening with" shows. Maybe 2 shorter sets & encore with an intermission. I'm being greedy though. I was extremely pleased with the sets I saw last week. While some stuff repeated there was more than enough difference to make me really happy that I was able to go to 2 shows. The trip was really rough on me as I have some major physical issues that make driving or extended standing very hard. I knew what I was getting into though & it was totally worth it to me. The way things are going, I don't know if I'll ever be able to do a trip like that again. Maybe but I'm not counting on it. I'm really hoping we get shows actually in Seattle next year. & they're not super expensive. I'm on a fixed income & I was pushing it with the trip last week. Again, it was worth it to me. I'm still buzzing. The band is sounding so amazing every night.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well if anyone wanted a deal for tonight theres really cheap tix on stubhub

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw Dear World in DC night 1 back in 2018 and while it was cool, the crowd was audibly not engaged. I fear that Trent may have picked up on this and thus chose to not play it anymore.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Berkeley - The updated EDIETS and Heresy were awesome, the lighting on Copy of A was really cool against the theater backdrop. Everything effectively closed out HM live for me (I'm not going to count the Eater of Dreams tape intro).

Just catching up on setlists now that Berkeley is over. I was hoping for something more like Red Rocks. Specifically Last, AATCHB, Sin I'm just not a big Bad Witch fan and Subtereaneans just felt like GBDTD (Reprise) hence the added lyrics.

With the setlist rotation that's on me, I've got to make multiple shows to cover those bases or risk setlist envy. It just wasn't in the cards this time around, Texas

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Not Anymore and The Idea of You definitely need to be done live now. And She’s Gone Away more than just the one play.

Throw in Demon Seed for good measure.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Danny Elfman and Josh Freese in the house! Santa Barbara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Way better than Berkeley and sadly they cut 2 songs. Survivalism and Echoplex in the encore.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Way better than Berkeley and sadly they cut 2 songs. Survivalism and Echoplex in the encore.
    Yeah, pretty strict 10pm curfew at the venue. Songs had to be cut for time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Agree with your statement but I really like how they have been spreading out most of the records in the setlists. I would add Ghosts to your statement but I realize that would be tough with an hour forty five minute set. I would love to maybe see them ditch opening acts & do "Evening with" shows. Maybe 2 shorter sets & encore with an intermission.
    God, no opener and two sets of NIN would be an absolute dream for me. That might be a bit much for them every night though, unless it was a very short tour / engagement. But I agree, I love the setlists and how almost every release has been at least modestly represented at some point or another. Of course, as you say, Ghosts I-IV is an exception but one that has made sense since Lights In The Sky was over - just not a lot of places to squeeze Ghosts material in a set with such a large, amazing discography to pull from, especially when the non-instrumental Nine Inch Nails releases have so many unreal instrumental tracks of their own to perform. I love Ghosts I-IV but I get why it has been left off. Not The Actual Events being left off (and fairly underrepresented throughout 2018), on the other hand, is curious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    I saw Dear World in DC night 1 back in 2018 and while it was cool, the crowd was audibly not engaged. I fear that Trent may have picked up on this and thus chose to not play it anymore.
    Unfortunately I am not surprised. I know it's a hard sell - its not the kind of track that obviously lends itself to live performance, it's kind of weird for them to pull off onstage, and it's absolutely the kind of thing that would bewilder and disinterest the more casual fans. For those reasons, as you say, I'm not expecting its return (though I would welcome it because I love the song), but all those reasons why Dear World, is a setlist rarity make it doubly odd that it has been performed more frequently than either She's Gone Away or The Idea of You - more frequently than both of them combined!
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 09-14-2022 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    “she’s gone away” is arguably the most accessible song from the trilogy besides less than. it’s got every thing a nin song should have: a good beat, a strong bass line and dark lyrics. it should be played every show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Yeah, pretty strict 10pm curfew at the venue. Songs had to be cut for time.

well they were slated to go on at 8, so that explains why they had 2 more songs in there. They hit the stage at 8:10 so seems like they were trying. I bet if they got out at 8:05 then one song wouldve been cut. Ill say this, i have seen somebody go over 10pm before so there was a once in a blue moon chancw they couldve gone over.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    I would add Ghosts to your statement but I realize that would be tough with an hour forty five minute set. I would love to maybe see them ditch opening acts & do "Evening with" shows. Maybe 2 shorter sets & encore with an intermission.
    You gotta admire how clever NIN designed their setlist on LITS tour, allowing themselves to play for 2+ hours every night. I bet the placement of the songs on the middle was in part very strategic, to allow pretty much everyone to have a break. First Josh sat out on two YZ songs, then TR gave his voice a rest for 3 Ghosts tracks, then pretty much everyone got to chill during The Greater Good (and TR just had to whisper into the camera for half a song).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Wow Vegas looks to have been treated to an extremely awesome setlist - they got the same phenomenal Help Me I Am In Hell / Happiness In Slavery / And All That Could Have Been / Hurt encore we got at night #1 in Philly plus a host of rarities like Down In It, Fashion, and best of all Sunspots! Also didn't realize until last night that it was at an indoor venue (the only one during this Fall stretch of US shows I think) and a very nice one too from the looks of it.

Now it's just the festival gigs - Primavera on Saturday, RiotFest on Sunday, Louder Than Life on Thursday - and the long-awaited, much deferred big show in Cleveland. Hard to believe it's basically a week away. After that it's just VetsAid in November and while I'm hoping there's a chance they drop another few dates while they're in the area for that, I'm trying not to get ahead of myself and just appreciate what we know we have before us. What a tour, what a lineup of performers, what amazing fucking music. As someone on the Discord said, it's an amazing time to be a NIN fan, and as I frequently found myself thinking while the EP trilogy rolled out and the Cold And Black And Infinite Tour melted face during the Trump administration, that means a whole hell of a lot when these recent years have been a pretty horrible time for almost anything else. It is not lost on us fans and I am so ridiculously grateful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That setlist looks SOO good.

I wonder if Trent is transitioning into ending the shows on AATCHB? I've been to all of one show where he didn't close with Hurt. I'll never complain, though, I love the crowd during Hurt...usually.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My best friend and his wife went to the show last night. Super jelly. LTL and Cleveland in a week though!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The setlist was so great last night! Didn’t think I’d be surprised with setlist choices on this stretch of shows so it was a very welcomed surprise. I wish I could go to more! ����

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    And now lets prepare for the festival let down today

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    With Primavera's schedule indicating that headliners only get an hour and fifteen minutes, it will be their shortest set in a while unless they play way past their slot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    With Primavera's schedule indicating that headliners only get an hour and fifteen minutes, it will be their shortest set in a while unless they play way past their slot.

they went on a couple mins late and played 75 mins on the dot. Didnt matter though. Great use of the screens by having their own camera work being done. Sounds was ridiculous. Violently loud. Im sure others will say the same.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    they went on a couple mins late and played 75 mins on the dot. Didnt matter though. Great use of the screens by having their own camera work being done. Sounds was ridiculous. Violently loud. Im sure others will say the same.
    Agreed!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    They definitely look to have played a respectable set for the time they had - first seven or so songs are pretty similar to the opening of that stunning Vegas setlist and tracks like The Perfect Drug and God Break Down The Door are wild live. That's neat that they got to make the most of the screens with their own photography, and of course I'm sure they sounded terrific.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Would be real nice if Primavera's YT account would post a RELIVE of the NIN set as they've done with some of the Barcelona 2022 acts.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    The run from Red Rocks to Vegas was ridicuously good. Although NIN slays at festivals I don't count festival shows. The standalone shows are where the magic is. I'm hoping we get more in 2023!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I’m very interested in seeing how Cleveland’s set list ends up being.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I’m very interested in seeing how Cleveland’s set list ends up being.
    I gave up expecting any surprises on this leg of the tour, and it's probably for the best. We hyped ourselves up with ridiculous expectations (The Fragile Left & Right for Red Rocks 1/2; Year Zero full album live since it's 2022 and whatnot) and nothing even close to this ever happened. Live debuts earlier this year were nice, but I don't see them adding more songs solely for the last date.

What I realistically expect: Trent doing a guest spot on Supernaut during Ministry set, and Pretty Hate Machine 5-song fakeout at the start of NIN set (swerving off into MOTP just as everyone begin to expect Kinda I Want To)