Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: A question about the mutl-tracks after Year Zero (ones not in Ableton format)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A question about the mutl-tracks after Year Zero (ones not in Ableton format)

I am just getting back into my music production after an almost fatal car accident which left me healing for the better part of a year.

NIN is my favorite band so to get my juices flowing I am starting to remix again. I use ableton Live and I have the latest version.

The multitracks prior to the slip had the ableton set file along with each sample loop and made it very easy to tinker with, change arrangement, etc.

The Slip, Ghosts, etc after are all in "full-length" format which are just the raw instrument sample, length played fully (no loops). I can't seem to rebuild the original song with these (after loading all the clips, they dont line up when played)

Am I missing something? They come with a midi file but i cant get ableton to set the markers from it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    That's strange, the Ghosts and Slip multitracks lined up perfectly in Adobe Audition (and I assume Audacity). Didn't try them in Ableton, though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Glad you're back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    The Slip, Ghosts, etc after are all in "full-length" format which are just the raw instrument sample, length played fully (no loops). I can't seem to rebuild the original song with these (after loading all the clips, they dont line up when played)

Am I missing something? They come with a midi file but i cant get ableton to set the markers from it.
    They're all exactly the same length so they should all start at precicely offset 0, afaik. Can you just drag them to that position?