Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Closer. Chappelle

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I have a hard time buying into the idea that people are going to watch a Dave Chapelle special and decide that they're going to stomp out a trans person
    1-emboldening people who already have that bias leads to an uprise in harassment and attacks. Nobody is saying "my cousin was a wonderful person, then he saw that special and goes out murdering trans people" and you fucking know nobody is saying that.
    2-as a trans person who has faced harassment and violence in the past, kindly LISTEN to the people LIVING THESE EXPERIENCES when they tell you they happen.

oh and 3-don't fucking equate us to anti-vaxers like holy shit

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Guy makes fun of blacks, whites, jews, asians - no complaints.
    Maybe because he doesn't have an obsession with doing so? This is a well he's returned to a few times. It goes beyond just shtick. That's what's disturbing about it.

And no, people are not saying that someone is going to go out and murder a bunch of transgender people simply because they watched the special. They're saying that maybe...MAYBE...wealthy comedians don't need to be propagating their own ignorance for Netflix money at the expense of those that these jokes are aimed at.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-21-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post

oh and 3-don't fucking equate us to anti-vaxers like holy shit
    I'm not and I wasn't. I was comparing their leaps of logic to that of the specific infographic that was posted here.

I appreciate your feedback as well as others' who took the time to provide their thoughts.

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    I was going to just quote what someone else originally said, but they changed it.
    I will say that I agree with @Jinsai that a lot of the jokes that offended people were sardonic and facetious.
    And god help me, most of it was funny. Perhaps I felt a bit guilty for laughing at some of it, but it was funny.
    I'm not trans. I'm actually bi, but I don't think about that so much these days as I'm leaning into 8 years of hetero marriage and 10 years of life partnership with a bi woman.
    That being said, I can feel the gay jokes, because I lived that. I still laughed my ass off at them. I'll never understand what it's like to be transgender, though.

Idk. I don't know what to say.

It seems like it's not okay to say you liked the show.
    I honestly don't think there was any sincere hate behind this stuff, though.
    I ALSO think that Dave was trying to like, live up to Bruce and Pryor and such.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    It's so weird to me that people take the most painful things to me, the kind of thing that has literally made me seriously contemplate suicide, and they find it funny.

I get that cis people aren't making that connection. "lol trans women are just men playing pretend" is funny, I guess, unless you've spent literally decades with that exact thought running through your head on the days when you seriously consider giving up. Sorry, I don't find it so funny. Taking other people's deep pain and playing it for laughs is malicious and gross. And there's no excuse for it. It's disappointing but not surprising to see so many cis people being so completely clueless about our pain and our experiences.

That is a general statement and not really meant to be directed at you specifically. But your post did remind me of it.

This is the kind of thing I don't normally talk about openly because I'm just opening myself up for criticism, mocking and gaslighting. But fuck it. That's what it is. A man went on stage and used his privilege and power to punch down on a marginalized group and used our deepest, darkest, unimaginable pain as a punchline. That's not cute or funny. It's fucking gross.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention that the stuff he's saying is EXACTLY what I have been told by bigots hundreds of times, either directly or indirectly. Every single day I see people saying that trans women are just men in "woman face," that our bodies are disgusting, that we're really just men. The stuff he was saying on stage is EXACTLY what bigots say every single day to trans people. Every single day.

You know who says it the most? TERFs. Have you ever interacted with a TERF? Because I have. More times than I can count. They're vicious. They are some of the most hate-filled people I have ever seen in my life. Every single time I see a TERF on Twitter attacking a trans person- every single time- I look at their Twitter history. 15, 20 posts a day of nothing but hatred for trans people. Attacking trans people directly. Saying the exact same thing Chappelle said. The exact same thing. These people are quite literally obsessed with us. They spend every waking minute of their days just obsessive bullying trans people. I've seen it on almost a daily basis for years.

So when Chappelle says he's team TERF? He's aligning himself with some very, very bad people. And I don't give a shit whether he realizes it or not. He chose to associate with them. Joking or not, ignorant or not, he's on record with that. That's like me saying I'm a Proud Boy and then getting angry when people call me out. Id you're going to call yourself that you'd better be damn sure you know what you're talking about.

So, yeah. tl;dr Chappelle took the exact words of bigots and bullies and went on stage and used them to punch down on trans people for an audience of millions.

But please, tell me again how I should just take a joke.
    Last edited by theruiner; 10-22-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I don't understand a lot of what's going on in our world right now. There is a lot of "us vs. them" in marginalized communities.

Chappelle didn't just say stuff about TERFs in this show. He said he beat up a lesbian. He said he wanted to kill an ex-girlfriend and stuff her into the trunk of his car. I struggled to find any "humor" in this, or even a point.

He says he's coming at this as a black man. They still don't have the same rights as whites, after 400+ years in this country, and 265 years as slaves. And he seems to feel that the LGBTQ community jumped the line for attention and rights.

Here is Chappelle's comments about the show:

https://sixmilepost.com/9529/opinion...btq-community/

Social media, particularly Twitter, is filled with a lot of us vs. them.

At first, I was really upset about Chappelle. But, when I looked into the background, what he had to say about it, knowing that black people hold a lot of pain and anguish from damages done to them, there’s some deeper stuff he’s trying to say (albeit perhaps unsuccessfully). He's perhaps holding a mirror up to society. But, where I think he's totally "off," here, is something I see among all groups: comparing struggles, which isn't always useful, e.g. "my pain is worse than your pain, my struggle is worse than your struggle." That's what's been happening in each group, which is REALLY evident on social media. (Trump has capitalized on this phenomena, developing "white struggle" and anti-immigration.) Ultimately, I don't think there will be any true progress or healing until we are all kind to each other.

This article in The Atlantic struggles to find meaning in Chappelle's view: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...closer/620364/
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    There are worse positions to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    He says he's coming at this as a black man. They still don't have the same rights as whites, after 400+ years in this country, and 265 years as slaves. And he seems to feel that the LGBTQ community jumped the line for attention and rights.
    That's also what really disturbed me about it. That idea that it has to be one or the other rather than all of us fighting together to be seen as equals. I imagine part of his anger comes from what he's seen not only in the past year, but throughout his life. The problem is that he's decided to focus that anger on a target that absolutely doesn't deserve it. He reminds me of a lot of people who assume that LGBTQ+ people didn't exist until fifty years ago. That we just came out of nowhere and started demanding things. My parents feel that way, which definitely factors into why it bothers me. I'm not trans, but I am gay, and a few of my friends are trans, and we know what it's liked to be viewed as "just wanting attention".
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-22-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    "The Closer is Dave Chapelle pushing ALL of our buttons, and inviting us to reflect on which ones provoke a reaction." -Atlantic Article

I don't think this is was much more than that, @allegro . Societal mirror, perhaps. Personal opinion, for sure.
    But mostly, this was Dave trying to be as offensive as possible.
    @theruiner , like I said, I felt guilty laughing at a lot of this shit. And I'm sorry for your pain.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    If he wanted to provoke a reaction, then mission accomplished. If he doesn't want to deal with the reaction, then he shouldn't try to provoke people. (Heat and kitchens and all that jazz.) It takes nothing to provoke people. Actually having something of substance to say and being able to articulate it in a way that makes sense takes work, and Chappelle just couldn't be arsed to do it.

Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    He said he wanted to kill and ex-girlfriend and stuff her into the trunk of his car. I struggled to find any "humor" in this, or even a point.
    This joke in particular felt like an edgy thing where he was messing with expectations for a shocking punchline, at least until it became apparent that the whole thing was stewing these sorts of complaints through an occasionally "funny" lens. That joke could have functioned as an edgy moment to shock the audience, but it felt like something just par for the course, like it was a "shock" moment that functioned almost like comic relief from the "really heavy deep stuff" that he was "discussing," but the problem really is that it seems like he's put more thought into defending his perspective (and framing it as if it's a joke; no big deal really outside of everyone 'getting him wrong,") but there's no really insightful observations going on.... if anything he comes across as someone who hasn't bothered to really look into things, or think about too much, because he's too busy ranting.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Actually having something of substance to say and being able to articulate it in a way that makes sense takes work, and Chappelle just couldn't be arsed to do it.
    thatís what iím saying. the content choice was his. there are at least a dozen other topics he could choose but this is what he did with his special for millions of dollars. he chose this route. free speech doesnít exclude you from the fallout of your words and neither does being a comedian. heís shrugging any responsibility and plenty of people are willing to give him a pass because they laughed and lack the empathy it takes to understand this complex situation in our society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    ^^tell me you're cis and ignorant without telling me you're cis and ignorant.

Seriously, that's gross. Educate yourself and do better.
    What part was inexcusable? The part he said he was team TERF and gender is a fact or something along those lines ? Seems like part of an act such as adult comedy, edgy but comedy.I remember when 9/11 happen and we heard a ton of jokes about 9/11 and that wasn’t even as controversial as this.
    Last edited by Rdm; 10-22-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    that’s what i’m saying. the content choice was his. there are at least a dozen other topics he could choose but this is what he did with his special for millions of dollars. he chose this route. free speech doesn’t exclude you from the fallout of your words and neither does being a comedian. he’s shrugging any responsibility and plenty of people are willing to give him a pass because they laughed and lack the empathy it takes to understand this complex situation in our society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's ALWAYS told transphobic and misogynistic and homophobic and racist jokes.
    But, I agree, regarding the choice of topics. I was a bit surprised when this series of shows started, when he decided to be the new EXTREME edgelord, and wasn't very happy with it. I think that's documented here, somewhere. Instead of mellowing with the times, it seems like he decided to take it FURTHER.
    Also, I'd like to note that when I laugh at this shit, I'm laughing about how HE sees these things, as "angry, older black man."
    It's DAMN sure not confirming or deepening some bias that I'M holding onto.
    I also listen to a LOT of old hip hop. I watch severely abrasive comedy. I'm pretty numb to transgressive shit.
    But, again, he's a gifted storyteller/comedian and I'm laughing at how this shit seems to HIM.

PLEASE, for the love of GOD, don't ANYONE think that my laughter means i SUPPORT his "views" on hurtful subjects.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-22-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    What part was inexcusable? The part he said he was team TERF and gender is a fact or something along those lines ? Seems like part of an act such as adult comedy, edgy but comedy.I remember when 9/11 happen and we heard a ton of jokes about 9/11 and that wasn’t even as controversial as this.
    Again, the issue is not the jokes. The issue is what's underneath those jokes. There's an anger and ignorance there that goes beyond "I'm just kidding". That's what bothers people. It's not just an act or trying to be edgy, and it's not just people being "too sensitive". Yeah, I heard a lot of 9/11 jokes too, but I also heard a lot of Islamaphobia and xenophobia in those jokes. Intent is what matters, and it's clear that Chappelle doesn't just see LGBTQ+ as a punchline, but as some sort of threat.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-22-2021 at 09:35 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I've already spelled it out. I made a whole long post about it. If you choose not to read it or choose to ignore me and other trans people who feel the same then that's on you. I did the emotional labor of spilling my guts earlier. I'm not going to keep going around and around with cis people who are wilfully ignoring the harm they're doing/participating in.

This thread demonstrates that it is still socially acceptable to be transphobic.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I've already spelled it out. I made a whole long post about it. If you choose not to read it or choose to ignore me and other trans people who feel the same then that's on you. I did the emotional labor of spilling my guts earlier. I'm not going to keep going around and around with cis people who are wilfully ignoring the harm they're doing/participating in.

This thread demonstrates that it is still socially acceptable to be transphobic.
    just FYI I read it and I’m sorry for any pain you go through from stupid people, that’s certainly not me. Also I do see how someone could take the term TERF offensive , and gender is a fact statement
    Last edited by Rdm; 10-22-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    That's also what really disturbed me about it. That idea that it has to be one or the other rather than all of us fighting together to be seen as equals. I imagine part of his anger comes from what he's seen not only in the past year, but throughout his life. The problem is that he's decided to focus that anger on a target that absolutely doesn't deserve it.
    Exactly. Exactly that.

From the above-linked article:

Chappelle has been criticized before for making misogynistic, homophobic, and transphobic comments in the past, but he is speaking from lived experiences that can’t be discounted.

Chappelle makes the example of rapper DaBaby, who in 2018 shot and killed a man in Walmart with little repercussion to his career. Fast forward to 2021, and members of the LGBTQ community have boycotted DaBaby after he made homophobic remarks.

“You can kill a nigger, but you better not hurt a gay person’s feelings,” said Chappelle.
    This perhaps says a lot more about black people protecting other black people than it does about the LGBTQ community.

Yes, he’s right that DaBaby shouldn’t have been able to kill a black man. But blaming trans or gay people or women for that? As if all of these groups are white? (They’re not.)

We are all seeking equal rights: Women, blacks, Asians, Latinos, LGBTQ. We have all been wronged. We should all seek justice, for ourselves and for each other. I understand that he’s in pain, and that he’s hurting for his people. But blaming other communities is not the answer.

I’m seeing total vitriol from black Twitter about helping Afghan people, or people at the border; how “black people don’t get any help, so fuck those people.” And I can feel their pain, I really can. I can feel the pain of the others, too, however.

I’m not black, so I can’t offer a solution. I haven’t lived that life. So I just listen. I’d like to say that blaming others isn’t the answer, but I see others get dragged when they say that.

He reminds me of a lot of people who assume that LGBTQ+ people didn't exist until fifty years ago. That we just came out of nowhere and started demanding things.
    Yes, I see what you’re saying. He’s angry because his community just got the right to vote 56 years ago, and your community got action faster. He feels like his community is still brutalized and still stopped from voting or getting housing or getting jobs or loans or education and they were enslaved for nearly 300 years, with no reparations. And there’s bitterness there. And we need to be cognizant of that pain, just like we are cognizant of yours and ours. I can’t say I blame people for anger. Just not misdirected anger.

Chappelle thought the LGBTQ community needs to “know” these things, but I think the reality is that this special is just him airing his anger at all the wrong people.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-23-2021 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    And we need to be cognizant of that pain, just like we are cognizant of yours and ours.
    Pain is not an excuse to inflict more pain though. That doesn't solve anything. He could lash out at the people who are actually causing the pain. Instead, he goes for an easy target. Someone mentioned that, because he's got money now, his point of view has been grossly affected by it, and I absolutely believe that to be the case. That's why he says what he says. That's why he's still best buddies with Louis CK. He's got money. He's comfortable, so he doesn't give a shit about what he says or who he hangs out with. Some people see that as virtuous and brave, but it's really just cowardly.

Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    Pain is not an excuse to inflict more pain though. That doesn't solve anything. He could lash out at the people who are actually causing the pain. Some people see that as virtuous and brave, but it's really just cowardly.
    I absolutely agree. But people in that position aren’t always very logical. Emotions aren’t logical.

The Louis C.K. thing seems to be his aligning himself with “underdogs” he feels have been overly punished, like Kevin Hart.

You may right about money; he seems to also fancy himself as the current Lenny Bruce, the black George Carlin, smarter than all of us. He has an air about him, now, that says “you’re all stupid.”

Hubris + anger + privilege. But I think his heart is trying to be in the right place. It’s just misdirected, much like Kanye West’s. Whom Chappelle has also come to rescue.

Chappelle makes a comment in this special, about how if blacks would have put on baby oil and booty shorts, maybe they’d have gotten freedom faster. And there’s so much fucking pettiness and bullshit in that “comedy.”

That’s a homophobic petty bullshit moment, perpetuating stereotypes about black homophobia and homosexuality. And he’s not doing anything to promote healing with that stupidity.

Yes, we are all pretty tribal right now. But, he’s not doing anything to FIX that.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-24-2021 at 01:07 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Didn’t watch the special just came to see what everyone else thought. I got to say this though... Dave, Nicki Minaj, T.I, Chris Brown. Ice Cube, Kyrie Irving, and so forth have really disappointed me as a person of color recently over the past few years. Their ignorance and counter productive perspectives on issues I feel have only set us back as a whole. On top of that what’s even worse is they give Trumpers and conservatives the opinion that they are right in how they feel. It’s the whole “See even this black person agrees with me.” It just shows things are really even more twisted and fucked up.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Comics have to realize — ESPECIALLY rich and powerful ones like Chappelle — who and what they are allying themselves with and what ideas they are giving reinforcement to in this day and age. "Gender criticism has gone too far" as a trope is on a parallel track with fascism. Backlash blues.
    Last edited by botley; 10-24-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Comics have to realize — ESPECIALLY rich and powerful ones like Chapelle — who and what they are allying themselves with and what ideas they are giving reinforcement to in this day and age. "Gender criticism has gone too far" as a trope is on a parallel track with fascism. Backlash blues.
    They fear that men will lose their dominant positions or become fatally diminished if we start thinking along gender lines.
    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

I’m not sure this is what Dave’s doing, though. I think he’s trying to critique the status of activism, and is trying to shine a light on white people priorities and how black people always tend to sink to the bottom of the list of priorities.

Or something. I’m trying to understand, but it’s difficult to grok alleged activism disguised as alleged comedy.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-24-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Comics have to realize — ESPECIALLY rich and powerful ones like Chapelle — who and what they are allying themselves with and what ideas they are giving reinforcement to in this day and age. "Gender criticism has gone too far" as a trope is on a parallel track with fascism. Backlash blues.

Bill Maher is going down a road similar to this kind of mistake, but I guess you could say he’s towing a line. It seems like every time I turn on his show now, he’s crying incessantly about “woke” millennials and how they’re killing humor and art and whatever… should he be surprised now that the comments feed on his Facebook page is being taken over by people espousing their moderate political stances and “thank god someone is saying it.” Similar language about how “everything he said is true and if you don’t like it you must be an offended snowflake.”

I really suspect that maybe it’s all just him lashing back for the time HBO made him sit down and be lectured by Ice Cube because he used the N-word in a dumb joke.

I am willing to concede that hypersensitivity isn’t something to be overly proud of, but I think most marginalized groups are just sick of getting shit on while everyone laughs. It isn’t “obnoxiously woke” to say “hey fuck off with your bigoted intolerance.”

This isn’t to say that there aren’t outspoken and hypersensitive people in every camp, and there’s things that complicate a discussion. Maybe sometimes though, weary mockery isn’t the best approach to unpack a complex issue
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-23-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I don't understand a lot of what's going on in our world right now. There is a lot of "us vs. them" in marginalized communities.

Chappelle didn't just say stuff about TERFs in this show. He said he beat up a lesbian. He said he wanted to kill an ex-girlfriend and stuff her into the trunk of his car. I struggled to find any "humor" in this, or even a point.

Here is Chappelle's comments about the show:

https://sixmilepost.com/9529/opinion...btq-community/

Social media, particularly Twitter, is filled with a lot of us vs. them.

At first, I was really upset about Chappelle. But, when I looked into the background, what he had to say about it, knowing that black people hold a lot of pain and anguish from damages done to them, there’s some deeper stuff he’s trying to say (albeit perhaps unsuccessfully). He's perhaps holding a mirror up to society. But, where I think he's totally "off," here, is something I see among all groups: comparing struggles, which isn't always useful, e.g. "my pain is worse than your pain, my struggle is worse than your struggle." That's what's been happening in each group, which is REALLY evident on social media. (Trump has capitalized on this phenomena, developing "white struggle" and anti-immigration.) Ultimately, I don't think there will be any true progress or healing until we are all kind to each other.

This article in The Atlantic struggles to find meaning in Chappelle's view: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...closer/620364/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    This joke in particular felt like an edgy thing where he was messing with expectations for a shocking punchline, at least until it became apparent that the whole thing was stewing these sorts of complaints through an occasionally "funny" lens. That joke could have functioned as an edgy moment to shock the audience, but it felt like something just par for the course, like it was a "shock" moment that functioned almost like comic relief from the "really heavy deep stuff" that he was "discussing," but the problem really is that it seems like he's put more thought into defending his perspective (and framing it as if it's a joke; no big deal really outside of everyone 'getting him wrong,") but there's no really insightful observations going on.... if anything he comes across as someone who hasn't bothered to really look into things, or think about too much, because he's too busy ranting.

At what point in The Closer did he say he wanted to kill an ex and stuff her in the trunk?

Dont think I did, but perhaps I missed it.

Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    At what point in The Closer did he say he wanted to kill an ex and stuff her in the trunk?

Dont think I did, but perhaps I missed it.
    Actually it’s the part where he wants to kill the person who recognizes him, and he wants to stuff her into a trunk.

Like … okayyyyyyyyyy

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Actually it’s the part where he wants to kill the person who recognizes him, and he wants to stuff her into a trunk.

Like … okayyyyyyyyyy
    Yeah, it was a joke within a joke and then he clearly states “I’m kidding I never said that”.

Yet there’s people in this thread giving others shit for misspelling “Chappelle”? People should watch the shit before they comment on it or him. It’s called “context”.

Peace out, and enjoy.

Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    Yeah, it was a joke within a joke and then he clearly states “I’m kidding I never said that”.
    Of COURSE he was KIDDING. Nobody actually thinks he DID that.

But that entire goofy rant is Dave basically bitching about being famous. People recognizing him, and him getting all butthurt about these people he can’t stand. And his fantasies about what he wishes he could do to them. But he’s whining. Whining because he’s famous.

And I’m with @Jinsai - It all seemed pointless.

(Except when he says his black woman friend says she wishes all the white bitches at the women’s march get teargassed, because that was actually funny. And I love that this was filmed in my hometown.)
    Last edited by allegro; 10-24-2021 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Think I made my point with that reply. Enjoy the fall Sunday everyone. Peace out.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    it seems like he's put more thought into defending his perspective (and framing it as if it's a joke; no big deal really outside of everyone 'getting him wrong,") but there's no really insightful observations going on.... if anything he comes across as someone who hasn't bothered to really look into things, or think about too much, because he's too busy ranting.
    I know that simply quoting a line from someone else and commenting "this" is a super lazy way to participate in a conversation, but I feel like this line specifically needs to be read and maybe re-read by some people in here.
    His sketch show was entertaining, I won't say he was the best but he had some really well done skits and he used to have CONVERSATIONS about the messages. But now, now his whole deal now seems to be "be as overly venomous as possible while punching down, then gaslight and laugh at those hurt and play it off as 'just a joke' for those of us who aren't 'overly sensitive snowflakes'. I'm not a bigot, 'I attack everyone' which is really just a reworded "I'm not racist I hate everyone equally!' but sshhhhhh don't tell anyone I just like being as big a dick as possible for the attention and money"

edit to correct a spelling error, but also wanted to say that ever since I started seeing people excuse his performance away as "he goes after everyone!" all I could hear was my very openly racist (in the literal sense, not some "oh you think everything is racist" way) dad laughing his own words off with "I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally!"
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 10-24-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Think I made my point with that reply. Enjoy the fall Sunday everyone. Peace out.
    You sure did!

It’s extra funny that you chose to reference a playful joke I made about these big Dave fans that don’t even know how to spell his name when it’s the rest of my post that you really should have paid closer attention to. More importantly, you should’ve paid closer attention to @theruiner ‘s posts.