I don't think there's a thread for YOB (used the 'search' function and couldn't find anything). They just announced a remastered, remixed version of Atma. I first discovered them opening for Tool in Portland in 2014, but the sound at that show was kinda muddy, and I don't think YOB is the type of show you want to see at a big arena, so I didn't enjoy the set that much. BUT, later on I fell in love with Clearing the Path to Ascend (Marrow is one of the best songs ever, in my opinion) and then they topped themselves with Our Raw Heart. To be honest I haven't listened to much of their catalogue, kinda listened to Catharsis and The Great Cessation, but really really enjoyed Atma. After listening to Atma (love at first sight) I tried to look for a physical version of it but couldn't find it, my brother told me it was out of print, but that the band had plans to reissue it, and today was the day! I got this version of the vinyl, looking forward to it!

I don't know...I just like the crushing repetitiveness of their sound. The Screen from Our Raw Heart feels like someone's pummeling you to death with a hammer. Ablaze and Beauty in Falling Leaves are just so majestic and epic. I wish this band gained more recognition.