Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emigrate

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Emigrate

Lindemann has its own thread now so here’s one of Richard’s band.

New song out called “Freeze My Mind”. Video premieres on the 27th. The song itself is out now, at least on Apple Music.

Fun fact: the song was written back during the debut album period, and a line from the song and its name was on the GEMA database back in 2006 or so.

Last edited by Erneuert; 08-26-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Song is great, looking forward to the video. I really love Silent So Long but never really got into the album that came afterward or before.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    Song is great, looking forward to the video. I really love Silent So Long but never really got into the album that came afterward or before.
    You’re really missing out, especially the last album!

Did you hear the b-sides from the debut? Not counting Blood and Help Me.

The title track and Lead You On are my favourites from the last record.

And “Let’s Go,” of course, featuring Till’s vocals.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Fitting lyrics for the times:

Life here is vanishing
    I blink and it's a new day
    It all moves in such a blur
    I think we're in the future

It seems like yesterday
    Beam back to make a difference
    Ice is chilling in my mind
    Time has left me far behind

Come with me
    Lost again
    New dimension

Freeze my mind
    Freeze my mind

My world is fantasy
    You can't believe it's changing
    Stuck in reality
    My ride is slowly ending

It's for eternity
    Revolves in constant motion
    Lost again
    New dimension
    Take notes
    No prеtention

Freeze my mind
    Freeze my mind
    Freezе my mind

Lost again
    New dimension
    Take notes
    No pretention

Freeze my mind
    Freeze my mind [Lost again]
    Freeze my mind [It's for eternity]
    Freeze my mind [Lost again]
    Freeze my mind [It's for eternity]

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    New album is called The Persistence of Memory:

https://rammwiki.net/wiki/The_Persis...Memory_(album)

• The album title, its artwork and pre-order date got revealed on 12 September 2021.[1]
    • A release date for 5 November was reported by Sonic Seducer on 14 September.[2]
    • The album is named after the eponymous Salvador Dalí painting.[2]
    • The original idea was to release a vinyl box of the first three Emigrate albums with an additional disc with songs that weren't previously released.[3]

>>

Richard has officially announced the fourth Emigrate album: "The Persistence Of Memory" will be released on November 5, 2021, with pre-orders opening on September 24.

The record will feature 9 tracks, that were written over the past 20 years. “These songs were written at a certain point in my life”, says Richard, “but ideas don't have an expiration date”. Reworked and modernized, the songs now shine with a current and contemporary splendor. “I hope you get to know me better after listening to it”.

For the anecdote, the name "The Persistence of Memory" is inspired by the famous painting of Dali (better known to the general public under the name of "The Soft Watches").

Turns out “Freeze My Mind” was originally written in 2001!
    Last edited by Erneuert; 09-16-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    As a huge R+ fan, I absolutely adored the first Emigrate record along with it's b-sides, but I never really got on board with anything after that for some reason - is it worth checking out anything in particular after the first album?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    As a huge R+ fan, I absolutely adored the first Emigrate record along with it's b-sides, but I never really got on board with anything after that for some reason - is it worth checking out anything in particular after the first album?
    Check out those ones I posted above. I adore them all.

Also, this one guest features Till’s vocals:

Check out the second album Silent So Long for guest vocals on some tracks from Lemmy, Peaches and Marilyn Manson.

Also, these were both amazing singles:

”Lead You On” and “A Million Degrees” I posted earlier in the thread are the two that get stuck in my head the most lately. Also, this one features the Cardinal from Ghost:

Some really nice slower/ballad type songs: We Are Together, Rainbow, Eyes Fade Away, Born On My Own:

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    “You Can’t Run Away” - Sept 24

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Track listing now on Apple Music.

Interesting to note that track 7 is “Hypothetical,” the song from Silent So Long that had Marilyn Manson on vocals. Is this Richard disowning the Manson version and implementing his own new take on it?

01 - Rage
    02 - Always On My Mind (feat. Till Lindemann)
    03 - Freeze My Mind
    04 - Yeah Yeah Yeah
    05 - Come Over
    06 - You Can’t Run Away
    07 - Hypothetical
    08 - Blood Stained Wedding
    09 - I Will Let You Go
    Last edited by Erneuert; 09-24-2021 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The 2nd track "Always on my Mind" is an Elvis cover! (Yes, I know others covered it before him, but his is arguably the most famous version.) Bowie I can see, but Elvis??!!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    The 2nd track "Always on my Mind" is an Elvis cover! (Yes, I know others covered it before him, but his is arguably the most famous version.) Bowie I can see, but Elvis??!!
    Danzig covered that same song not long ago as well. It’s a good one. AND Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode is about to release a cover of it on The Imposter shortly.

What’s going on storyline wise in that You Can’t Run Away video? It lost me. haha
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-21-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    New track, "Always On My Mind" ft Till Lindemann, coming tonight. @Erneuert , it may already be available to you.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    New track, "Always On My Mind" ft Till Lindemann, coming tonight. @Erneuert, it may already be available to you.
    That sounds… very strange coming out of Till.

Last edited by Erneuert; 10-14-2021 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Like the blending of Till and Richard's voices. I wonder how the scrapped Lindemann/Kruspe solo project would have turned out - more experimental than Emigrate, less extreme than Lindemann?

I imagine the TillChard fanfic writers are having a field day with this.

Very brief behind the scenes clip here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVDcaM5o4Gp

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Like the blending of Till and Richard's voices. I wonder how the scrapped Lindemann/Kruspe solo project would have turned out - more experimental than Emigrate, less extreme than Lindemann?

I imagine the TillChard fanfic writers are having a field day with this.

Very brief behind the scenes clip here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVDcaM5o4Gp
    Has RZK mentioned anything about the version of Hypothetical on TPOM? Is it to distance himself from Manson? Or just wanted to release his original version?

And WHY ARE ALL THE TRACK TITLES IN CAPS just like when the Untitled Rammstein album came out?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    btw @WingWalker , @dlb , @ManBurning , what would you like to see as a first live Emigrate set?

Going by Rammstein’s last live show, it was 21 songs long; 15 mains songs, 4 for the first encore and 2 for the second, so let’s stick with that format. Having not heard all of TPOM yet, mine would be:

Tape: My World

A Million Degrees
    Born On My Own
    This Is What
    Blood
    Eat You Alive
    New York City
    Giving Up
    Rainbow
    Rock City (Richard doing the vocals instead of Lemmy, obviously)
    In My Tears
    Temptation
    Help Me
    Let Me Break
    You Can’t Get Enough
    Silent So Long

Encore 1:

Face Down
    I Have A Dream
    Let’s Go (with Till)
    Always On My Mind (with Till)

Encore 2:

Eyes Fade Away
    Emigrate

Note: I would have included Lead You On, as it’s one of my favourite tracks, but I don’t know who could replace Margaux to do the female lead vocals.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-21-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Another curiosity… "I’m Still Alive" -

https://rammwiki.net/wiki/I%27m_Still_Alive_(song)

The song appears in place of Yeah Yeah Yeah at digital retailers. While a leaked back cover of the CD album, the official Emigrate website and a lot of online retailers list Yeah Yeah Yeah as track four. To add to the confusion, the German retailer website JPC lists Yeah Yeah Yeah for the CD version, and I'm Still Alive for the vinyl version of the album.

If I'm Still Alive is a new song or if it's just a renaming of Yeah Yeah Yeah is yet unknown.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-21-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Looks like it was just renamed:

The release of the
    new album The Persistence Of Memory has been postponed to November 12th. In addition, the fourth song Yeah Yeah Yeah is now called I'm Still Alive.

Rage
      Always On My Mind (feat. Till Lindemann)
      Freeze My Mind
      I'm Still Alive
      Come Over
      You Can't Run Away
      Hypothetical
      Blood Stained Wedding
      I Will Let You Go

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    btw @WingWalker , @dlb , @ManBurning , what would you like to see as a first live Emigrate set?

Note: I would have included Lead You On, as it’s one of my favourite tracks, but I don’t know who could replace Margaux to do the female lead vocals.
    Nice list! I'd add 1234. I'm in the minority but it's a catchy song and I enjoyed the video. I wondered if the line "We come up from the coat/Paint our faces in gold" referred to the Rammstein Stadium Tour makeup, where Paul & Till DID wear gold face paint, but apparently it was written in 2015.

I imagine Margaux would be OK with a team-up on LMO, she and Richard share a kid and presumably are still in contact.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Nice list! I'd add 1234. I'm in the minority but it's a catchy song and I enjoyed the video. I wondered if the line "We come up from the coat/Paint our faces in gold" referred to the Rammstein Stadium Tour makeup, where Paul & Till DID wear gold face paint, but apparently it was written in 2015.

I imagine Margaux would be OK with a team-up on LMO, she and Richard share a kid and presumably are still in contact.
    True.

I can’t believe how he’s about to release his 4th album now and he still hasn’t done a single live show. Not even a one-off, or a teaser or anything.

Also, why do you think he only released TPOM with 9 tracks? Surely he had at least an extra two in the vault? Unless we’re going to get bonus digital content or something…?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Almost time for TPOM!
    @WingWalker , what have you thought of the openers of previous albums? Emigrate and Eat You Alive are great IMO, but War is one song I don’t come back to often. I hope Rage is a good one.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Definitely not disappointed with Rage!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Big whoops: the CD version still has “Yeah Yeah Yeah” printed on it when it’s been changed to I’m Still Alive everywhere else, lol.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    RZK interview, posting here as it mostly deals with Emigrate. Richard does say the new R+ album will drop next year before the tour, which starts in May. New Ramm music soon!
    https://24hoursworld.com/entertainment/49209/?amp=1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just bought the record. Noticed a familiar song. Did he redo Hypothetical just to disassociate himself from Manson?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    Just bought the record. Noticed a familiar song. Did he redo Hypothetical just to disassociate himself from Manson?
    He addresses Manson in the article posted above. However the answer is a bit vague.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Come Over is probably my favorite Emigrate track ever - such an earworm! I can understand why it wasn't deemed to fit on prior releases, but very glad it finally emerged.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Come Over is probably my favorite Emigrate track ever - such an earworm! I can understand why it wasn't deemed to fit on prior releases, but very glad it finally emerged.
    From rammwiki:

• Richard didn't feel good about the song at first, but he remembered that his son really liked it, and it moved him. He says that he probably never would've written a song like that today, but he changed it "in a way that the Richard from today is able to live with".[1]
    • The drums on this song were played by Jens Dreesen.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I still can’t believe the printed error with Yeah Yeah Yeah / I’m Still Alive. The Rammstein guys are usually really meticulous with this sort of thing.

Even discogs is calling the track Yeah Yeah Yeah for the CD version but I’m Still Alive for digital.