Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Refund Discussion

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Cleveland Refund Discussion

Did you get your money back? Are you getting shafted? Share tips and bitch about refunds here.

Helpful info:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    According to StubHub's internal memo from last year, Ohio is one of 14 states that requires a full refund if an event is cancelled.

They will, of course, offer you the 120% credit first, but if you call Customer Service and insist on a full refund in accordance with Ohio law, they will give you a refund.

https://www.stubhub.com/legal/?section=fp

Edit: These laws should apply to all marketplace ticket resellers (businesses like StubHub). If you bought private party, you're probably SOL, unless you can convince your credit card to chargeback for "service not provided"

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I've seen some reports on Twitter that the StubHub phone line is a 5-6 hour wait, because of all the events being cancelled recently. Good luck!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Bought mine through the Ticketmaster website and this is the exact email they sent me in regards to refunds....

Your Event Has Been Canceled
    A refund will be on its way to your account soon.

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately, the Event Organizer has had to cancel your event.
    nine inch nails
    nine inch nails
    Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica
    The good news is that no action is required to obtain a refund. It will be processed to the original method of payment used at time of purchase, once funds are received from the Event Organizer, which is usually completed within 30 days.

Please Note: If the tickets were transferred to you, the refund will go to the fan who originally purchased the tickets from Live Nation.

Please see our Purchase Policy for more information.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

–Live Nation Fan Support
    Stay Connected
    Facebook Instagram Twitter
    Live Nation | About |
    Terms of Use | Privacy

1000 Corporate Landing Charleston, WV 25311
    © 2021 Live Nation. All rights reserved.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Ok, I have some questions for you "more experienced" show goers... I got my tickets on Live Nation, and the price I paid they are/ where resold tickets. Reading the convoluted refund policy it seems shitty that for me to get a refund LN will first bill the sellers credit card before refunding me. You know these resellers are shady that's why they are commoditizing anything. They have no real interest in seeing the show. Plus in the grand scheme of things, they are breaking the ticket seller's (Live Nations's) rules by buying more tickets than they them selves could actually use with multiple transactions. What am I getting at here... I guess am just in a little panic that the reseller will have canceled/ closed the credit card for the transaction so that LV can't get the refund funds. But in my GenX mind I know the reseller is LV them selves. I guess we'll see what happens... so my question: On average, how often do people who bought resold tickets from LV actually get their refund?

Thank you for any responses and reading my meaningless complaint.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Bought mine through the Ticketmaster website and this is the exact email they sent me in regards to refunds....
    I got that same email, but see this link. Look at number 10. https://help.livenation.com/s/articl...988.1629461658

10. Canceled, Postponed, Rescheduled, and Moved Events

Occasionally, events are canceled, postponed, rescheduled to a different date or materially different time, or moved to a different venue:

If the event is canceled: no action is required to obtain a refund; we will issue a refund to the original method of payment used at time of purchase, once funds are received from the Event Organizer. In some cases, the Event Organizer may also give you the option to choose either a credit or a refund; if so, we will send you a notification explaining your options, and how to submit a request for a credit.

If you have sold your tickets for the canceled event through
    Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster.ca, or Livenation.com (i.e., you resold your tickets through one of those sites, and you’ve been paid for them), your credit card on file will be charged to refund the buyer of your tickets and, if successful, the tickets will be placed back on your account. Then, you’ll receive a refund for your original purchase (to the original method of payment used at the time of that purchase) once funds are received from the Event Organizer. No action is required for you to receive the refund. In some cases, the Event Organizer may also give you the option to choose either a credit or a refund; if so, we will send you a notification explaining your options, and how to submit a request for a credit.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 08-20-2021 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    We got through to an Indian call center guy after 45 minutes yesterday regarding StubHub. Was told I’d be getting an email with further instructions after declining the 120% credit. Recorded the call, told them I would be issuing a charge back on my bank account if I did not receive the email. So we’ll see how that goes.

As for Live Nation, I got a refund in a month from the Faith No More/Korn tickets I had in 2020, but they explicitly cancelled instead of postponing. NIN also cancelled so you should be getting your money back if you were the original buyer. As for resales, good luck to those of you who now have to haggle with someone you bought tickets from.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Ok, I have some questions for you "more experienced" show goers... I got my tickets on Live Nation, and the price I paid they are/ where resold tickets. Reading the convoluted refund policy it seems shitty that for me to get a refund LN will first bill the sellers credit card before refunding me. You know these resellers are shady that's why they are commoditizing anything. They have no real interest in seeing the show. Plus in the grand scheme of things, they are breaking the ticket seller's (Live Nations's) rules by buying more tickets than they them selves could actually use with multiple transactions. What am I getting at here... I guess am just in a little panic that the reseller will have canceled/ closed the credit card for the transaction so that LV can't get the refund funds. But in my GenX mind I know the reseller is LV them selves. I guess we'll see what happens... so my question: On average, how often do people who bought resold tickets from LV actually get their refund?
    I'm in the exact same boat and this is precisely what I'm wondering. The original, fairly priced Live Nation tickets were gone immediately and I bought overcharged Live Nation "verified resale" tickets within an hour of them going on sale. Sitting on four grotesquely overpriced GA pit tickets for both dates and in limbo as to whether or not I'm going to get completely fucked over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bought night one directly but night two through a reseller on Vivid Seats who transferred me the tickets. I'm confused bc it sounded like Ticketmaster would issue THEM a refund. I just got this from Vivid Seats, I guess I'll be calling them:

1. By default, we have automatically credited your account with a Rewards Cash voucher worth 110% of the cost of your original order, including fees. This credit is now available in your Vivid Seats account and can be used for a future ticket purchase to any event on our marketplace.
    2. In lieu of the voucher, we’d also like to offer you the option to request a cash refund by contacting our Customer Service Team. All cash refund requests must be made within 21 days.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    So I was on hold for about 90 minutes this morning waiting to talk to StubHub. There was no problem opting out for the Cleveland dates and they said it could take up to 30 days for the funds to reach my card. Then from there my bank 3-5 days. I asked for an email confirmation and said it would happen, but I have yet to see it. Maybe whenever they issue the refund it will.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got my refund from Stubhub in the bank this morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Vivid Seats LLC issued a $751.82 USD refund"
    PHEW. Honestly a huge relief to me, I thought this money was just lost since the tickets were transferred to me.

I'm still waiting on ticketmaster refund for the tickets I bought directly. I canceled my hotel as well, so I think I'll be able to be back at square one and just sad to go another year without a NIN concert. Maybe I turn off the lights and crank up my AATCHB DVD and just do my best to pretend I'm there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Has anyone who purchased through Ticketmaster gotten their refunds yet?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Nope. They're taking their sweet-ass-fucking time processing the refunds.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The email said within 30 days. Which was a huge bummer.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ok thanks guys, I'll post when I get mine.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Still waiting on my refund as well, pal.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Got 1 of the 4 refunds for Cleveland this morning

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just got a Paypal notification that I have a refund from Ticketmaster, LLC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    by chance did anyone use seat geek to get tickets?

I did and have heard nothing.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rboggs View Post
    by chance did anyone use seat geek to get tickets?

I did and have heard nothing.
    You’re supposed to automatically get an email with your refund options. If you haven’t, go here:
    https://support.seatgeek.com/hc/en-us

and click Need Help. Follow the prompts for a cancelled event. When they ask if it’s been more than 2 weeks since the announcement, say Yes (today is two weeks) and then provide your order details including a link to the NIN cancellation announcement.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I got an email from LN that I should be getting a refund.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i got emails from both LN & TM stating i will be getting refunded, but nothing yet. The LN one was the day of the announcement, but the TM one was on 9/2. So maybe after the holiday weekend it will process? Could def. use that $ back as I flooded in the remnants of Ida the other night. Only 4 or 5 inches for a few hours then it went away, but that was enough to kill my dehumidifier, water heater (its 16 years old, so good riddance in a way), and my dryer needs to be repaired.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    EDIT*

My refund from Ticketmaster for both shows posted to my Chime bank account around 8:45pm EST last night (9/4), after being initiated by TM at ~11:45am 9/3. Hopefully everyone else is seeing them as well.

As consolation, I'm going to use some of this refund $ to buy Quake for my Switch.
    Last edited by makepacer; 09-05-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Got the refund for all my tickets over the weekend. Hoping all of you have been getting them as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    stubhub seems to be offering refund as option now... wasnt previously.... i asked for the money back as i dont know how i would use credit next year..

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The refund finally hit my AMEX.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jshebib View Post
    stubhub seems to be offering refund as option now... wasnt previously.... i asked for the money back as i dont know how i would use credit next year..
    For those wondering, you have to go to the specific page: https://www.stubhub.com/my/rewards for the request cash refund to show up. I only got it to work by opening it in a private window with no extensions on. Tricksy!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I got my ticket master refunds and unrelated... I have Riot Fest refund inbound.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I have still yet to get my refunds from stubhub.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I have still yet to get my refunds from stubhub.
    Same. I don't even see where I can check the status after selecting the cash refund option!!