Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Jurassic Park

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I completely forgot about this movie until today.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Why do we need another one??

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Why do we need another one??
    So Sam Neill and Laura Dern get their paycheck respectively as well. :P

All jokes aside, I'm looking forward to this even though FK was a trainwreck imho and JW didn't do much for me either. Yet you don't see dinosaurs made so well in any other movie sadly. And the nostalgia from the old movies still holds this whole affair together for me.

BTW: Has anyone seen Camp Cretaceous on Netflix? Blasted through the whole thing a couple of days ago not minding that it's aimed at kids. While I liked some aspects of world building it was another lost oppurtunity to me. Didn't add much, no new dinosaurs, pretty unlikable characters and it didn't even tie into JW as much as they alluded to. It's pretty grim in some parts for a kids show though, I have to confess.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm actually kind of looking forward to this one a little too, but only because of Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum (Oh, and BD Wong). I hope the cast from the original gets a decent amount of screen-time. I also thought FK was a train-wreck and JW didn't do a whole lot for me either. Chris Pratt is alright in his role, but Bryce Dallas Howard has been terrible in these movies.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I unabashedly love all things Jurassic. Sure, nothing's as good as the first. But the only thing I ever go into one of the movies expecting is to see some dinosaurs eat some people. I am never disappointed.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    So Sam Neill and Laura Dern get their paycheck respectively as well. :P

All jokes aside, I'm looking forward to this even though FK was a trainwreck imho and JW didn't do much for me either. Yet you don't see dinosaurs made so well in any other movie sadly. And the nostalgia from the old movies still holds this whole affair together for me.

BTW: Has anyone seen Camp Cretaceous on Netflix? Blasted through the whole thing a couple of days ago not minding that it's aimed at kids. While I liked some aspects of world building it was another lost oppurtunity to me. Didn't add much, no new dinosaurs, pretty unlikable characters and it didn't even tie into JW as much as they alluded to. It's pretty grim in some parts for a kids show though, I have to confess.
    The cast is absolutely stacked. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was excited.

I would also be lying if I said fallen kingdom was anything but trash. Not ashamed to admit that FK was hands down the worst of all the JP movies. And that's saying something cuz JP3 exists lol.

My ranking:
    1. Jurassic Park
    2. Jurassic World
    3. The Lost World
    4. JP3
    5. Fallen Kingdom

And, Yes... The girlfriend and I started camp cretaceous a week ago. We're only on episode 3, but we are surprisingly enjoying it. I say that because from the review videos we watched on YouTube before diving in, they said it was heavily geared towards kids, so we didn't think we would enjoy it since it was targeted at us being in our 30's, but I gotta say, it's a nice little cartoon. Nothing amazing, but i'm usually pretty picky when it comes to TV shows, and this one is passable.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    For a kids show it's totally fine I guess. There's plenty of room for a season 02 and I hope they get a bigger budget to even out some of the animation and backgrounds here and there. The dinosaurs look great as always, the rest reminds me too much of Nickelodeon and not on par with the JP franchise.

Your ranking matches with mine actually, I'd only switch Lost World with Jurassic World or make them equal. I just prefer the raptors and T-Rex action as well as the stampede scene over anything in JW. JP3 is all kinds of bad as well, yet the raptors once again steal the show and I REALLY like the pteranodon scene in the aviary. Guess every JP sequel has it's redeeming moments, but FK has absolutely nothing in store for me.

EDIT: Just got tickets for the first Jurassic Park at a little cinema nearby who help themselves with old movies due to the pandemic. It's us two and four other people in one big room with lots of distance. Looking forward to a little nostalgia in these weird times on a Sunday noon.
    Last edited by dlb; 10-08-2020 at 08:34 PM.