Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Danny Elfman tracks featuring Trent Reznor

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Sweet! How did it sound that close? The livestream mix sounded wild (have to find a rip this afternoon)! Obviously, you didn't read his interview with Billboard Magazine.
    The sound was great!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    The sound was great!
    Totally jealous! I've been a fan since Only a Lad came out when I was a youngster, haha.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just watched tonight's stream. Fuckin' rad.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Watched the set from weekend 2. Same as first weekend but the mix on the live stream is far better. I read Danny met with the team handling the mix for the stream. The guitars are much more up front. Such an amazing show. I'm pretty jaded & don't get excited by much anymore but this really got me going. Definitely hope that he & Trent find more opportunities to work together again. 2 of my favorite musicians & have been for a real long time.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I thought it was better as well. Kinda wish the rip included the BTS rehearsal piece before the performance, but I still love it! I would totally lose my shit if Danny & NIN toured together.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did anyone end up finding a good audio rip of either weekend? A quick glance through YT yielded only clips, and I'm not well-versed in the more obvious avenues for this sort of thing

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Webcast rips are available for both sets on Dimeadozen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, that's good.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Oh, that's good.
    The whole thing was stunning. I want more!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh, that's good.
    Wow I don't know what I was expecting but it sure wasn't that, that's badass. Jesus man that physique, isn't he in his late 60s?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, that's good.
    Man, as much as I've enjoyed his film scores, it's tough not to watch that and feel like we might have missed out on three decades of really, really great art-rock albums, had Danny Elfman decided to pursue a slightly different career trajectory...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    Man, as much as I've enjoyed his film scores, it's tough not to watch that and feel like we might have missed out on three decades of really, really great art-rock albums, had Danny Elfman decided to pursue a slightly different career trajectory...
    Oingo Boingo were awesome live, back in the day. Shows were always high energy & fun. I've been a fan since "Only a Lad" came out.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    It’s kinda like Joy Division. We just gotta be happy that it happened at all.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It’s kinda like Joy Division. We just gotta be happy that it happened at all.
    At least we got that solo record from Danny last year. It was 1 one of my favorites for 2021. Solid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is also great.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Oingo Boingo were awesome live, back in the day. Shows were always high energy & fun. I've been a fan since "Only a Lad" came out.
    Josh Freese on drums!

@marodi OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by allegro; 05-14-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Right in the feels!

But I'm so happy that a new generation gets to discover Danny Elfman. He deserves it!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    New remix album just released with some cool collaborators.

Bigger. Messier. | Danny Elfman (bandcamp.com)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    New remix album just released with some cool collaborators.

Bigger. Messier. | Danny Elfman (bandcamp.com)
    Vinyl and CD available for preorder here:

https://dannyelfmanbigmess.com/

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    From what's available on Bandcamp, this feels like a love note to NIN remix albums from the 90s, and this makes me happy.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    IMO the Ghostemane remix of Native Intelligence is pretty derivative. Doesn't do much for me.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Bigger Messier kind of snuck up on me. I will need to make a pilgrimage to my local record store this morning. As I've written before, Danny is one of my favorite artists of all time. I go back to when "Only a Lad" came out. Having Trent involved in whatever capacity is just icing on the cupcake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a phenomenal album. The deluxe box and the remix album are lovely. Wish we could get another NIN remix album one day.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Bigger Messier kind of snuck up on me. I will need to make a pilgrimage to my local record store this morning. As I've written before, Danny is one of my favorite artists of all time. I go back to when "Only a Lad" came out. Having Trent involved in whatever capacity is just icing on the cupcake.
    Last edited by Calx1111; 08-14-2022 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calx1111 View Post
    It's a phenomenal album. The deluxe box and the remix album are lovely. Which we could get another NIN remix album one day.
    Listening to it now (the remix etc record). Trent, Blixa Bargeld & Iggy Pop all involved, not to mention Josh Freese & Robin Finck originally. Kind of hard to go wrong with that!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Nice interview about Bigger Messier. Talks about working with Trent amongst others.

https://consequence.net/2022/08/dann...bum-interview/

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Surprise, Pitchfork doesnt really like Bigger. Messier Danny Elfman: Bigger. Messier. Album Review | Pitchfork

They did like Trent though:

The flip of these exaggerated gestures is Trent Reznor’s interpretations of “Native Intelligence” and “True,” which both turn the overt dark hysteria of the originals into simmering dioramas of tension.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I forgot the Locust, Machine Girl and Xiu Xiu were on that remix album. Good stuff to be found there.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I liked most of the record. Trent, Blixa Bargeld & Iggy Pop all made fine contributions but there's plenty of other good stuff. Also, 2 cds for the price of 1. You can't beat that. I'm ready to listen to anything Danny would like to share with us. It sounds like maybe there's some more live stuff in the offing. Sign me up!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So Elfman is performing at the Hollywood Bowl Halloween weekend. There's no NIN shows during October, so what are the odds that Trent makes a surprise appearance?