Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cave In

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Cave In

Figured we’d need a new thread for a fantastic band, especially with this bonkers news.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I wish Caleb was still with us, but Cave In with Nate is really good as well. Looking forward to seeing what influence he has on new music. Can't wait to see them live again too.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Cave In just announced a Boston show in December. Bought a ticket, but I'm not super hopeful it's actually gonna happen.

They're gonna have a super busy week. So far here's their schedule for five days in a row:
    12/1 Saint Vitus Brooklyn, NY
    12/2 Saint Vitus Brooklyn, NY
    12/3 Underground Arts Philadelphia, PA
    12/4 Saint Vitus Brooklyn, NY
    12/5 The Sinclair Cambridge, MA
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 07-30-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Steve and Adam played their first show in over a year for a friend's retirement party this past weekend. I'd love to see Cave In this way someday. It works so well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Seems I'm the only one keeping this thread afloat, but so be it. Drove two and a half hours (each way) to see Steve and Adam play a stripped down set in New Hampshire tonight. They played some classic Cave In stuff, a brand new Cave In song called "Reckoning" (first ever live performance) from the album they have coming out next year, and a bunch of covers by artists including Failure, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Mad Season, Zozobra, and a couple others that I've forgotten. I've seen videos of them doing sets like this on YouTube, but this was the first time I've been able to see it live, and it was definitely worth the five hours of driving.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I am never able to go to any Cave-In shows. I either miss the on-sale and they sell out, or I'm busy. It depresses me bc they can just go back to being inactive immediately I feel like, with no warning. Rumors of them doing something with Converge this year, although that could just be Bloodmoon possibly.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I am never able to go to any Cave-In shows. I either miss the on-sale and they sell out, or I'm busy. It depresses me bc they can just go back to being inactive immediately I feel like, with no warning. Rumors of them doing something with Converge this year, although that could just be Bloodmoon possibly.
    There is a new Cave In album coming in 2022, so as long as they don't have to cancel due to COVID, I think you can count on them doing some kind of a tour again.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

hate5six finally posted their production of Cave In's show in Cambridge, MA from last December. The production quality is SO GOOD. I can see myself a bunch too, as I'm right up front in front of Brodsky.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New song is really good. Can't wait for the album. The cover art is amazing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Music video for Blinded By A Blaze off the new album. Saw one of the first live performances of this song back in December.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Both these songs are excellent. Excited for the record.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

This song is great and the music video is AMAZING.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New video and US tour dates. With Author & Punisher opening! This is gonna be an insane tour.

This song isn't one of their heaviest music-wise, but incredibly heavy content-wise. It's about Caleb and the day that he died. The last shot with Caleb's bass sitting on its own... Damn.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just finished my first full listen of the new album. It's so good.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Album is absolutely incredible. Goes in every Cave-In direction you want it to.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Album is absolutely incredible. Goes in every Cave-In direction you want it to.
    Gonna be a strong candidate for album of the year for me. My copy of the deluxe vinyl set arrived today and even though it's hot as fuck in my room without the AC running (can't hear the music with the AC on), I'm in here spinning it!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the last two songs are pretty epic.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    the last two songs are pretty epic.
    I saw the live debut of Reckoning at the stripped down show I posted about a little further up this thread. Such a heavy song in terms of its meaning.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I saw the live debut of Reckoning at the stripped down show I posted about a little further up this thread. Such a heavy song in terms of its meaning.
    I am gonna try and catch them here in NYC in July. I am with you on this being in the running for album of the year the more I spin it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I am gonna try and catch them here in NYC in July. I am with you on this being in the running for album of the year the more I spin it.
    I am so fucking psyched to see them play with Author & Punisher. Definitely catch that show! They tend to sell out in NY, so I'd recommend getting your tickets now if you don't already have them.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I am so fucking psyched to see them play with Author & Punisher. Definitely catch that show! They tend to sell out in NY, so I'd recommend getting your tickets now if you don't already have them.
    I have my ways.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Fuuuuuuck. Just got an email from the ticket vendor that Author & Punisher isn't going to be at Thursday's show anymore. No explanation for why, and nothing posted on his social media yet. WTF, I was just as excited to see him as Cave In.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Love this band so much. Tonight was a lot of fun. Sad Author & Punisher wasn't there (he confirmed he has COVID), but Cave In was awesome as always.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw the show last night in Chicago. I went mostly to see Author & Punisher and wasn’t too familiar with Cave In. They were so good, exceeded my expectations. I picked up the new album at the show. Time for some musical exploration.

A&P had a guitarist accompanying him, which added a nice facet to the music. Last time I saw him he was solo with his machines. @otnavuskire I saw A&P announced a show on 8/6 in NYC as a make-up date.
    Last edited by thenorthwood; 07-28-2022 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    @otnavuskire I saw A&P announced a show on 8/6 in NYC as a make-up date.
    Yeah, unfortunately that doesn't help much to make up for the Providence date. Kinda annoyed by that. The New England area kinda got fucked over with that one.

I'm excited you enjoyed Cave In so much! You're gonna have a great time catching up on the back catalog. There's a lot to explore and discover, with a lot of variety in styles. And it's all great.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Got the frame in for my art print of Richey Beckett's cover for Heavy Pendulum today! It came out so great.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Saw Steve and Adam perform a stripped down set in Cambridge, MA tonight. They're so awesome. The whole show was filmed by someone. Here's the one video I took:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if this is of interest to any of you but my shop recently got our hands on a bunch of old Hydra Head merch and this week we posted a bunch of old 11 x 17 promo posters and we've got several different Cave in posters in addition to all the shirts we already had in stock. All our prices are flexible so if you want something, feel free to use the 'Make an Offer' button on every listing.

If you're into HHR bands in general it might be worth going through the rest of our stuff but here's a link to all the Cave in merch

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    touring with YOB:

05/28 Denver, CO – Gothic Theater
    05/30 St Paul, MN – Turf Club
    05/31 Omaha, NE – Slowdown
    06/01 Lawrence, KS – Bottleneck
    06/02 Little Rock, AR – Mutants Of The Monster Fest
    06/03 Murfreesboro, TN – Hop Springs
    06/04 Louisville, KY – Portal
    06/06 Chicago, IL – Thalia Hall
    06/07 Pittsburgh, PA – Spirit Hall
    06/08 Baltimore, MD – Ottobar
    06/09 Philadelphia, PA – Underground Arts
    06/10 Boston, MA – Middle East (downstairs)
    06/12 New York, NY – Le Poisson Rouge