Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 'Everything' Music Video

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I must reiterate… how has this been sitting in plain sight for six years and only now being noticed?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I must reiterate… how has this been sitting in plain sight for six years and only now being noticed?
    How often do you spend time watching random production companies' demo reels? Last time I did that was when I was trying to work for one and that was over 15 years ago. Guessing most people out there have never even thought about the fact that demo reels are a thing, much less watched one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quick! Someone look up Tomato or whoever it was and see if there’s any footage out there of the original The Day The World Went Away video!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    Quick! Someone look up Tomato or whoever it was and see if there’s any footage out there of the original The Day The World Went Away video!
    I thought most/all of it was buried in the And All That Could Have Been DVD?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I thought most/all of it was buried in the And All That Could Have Been DVD?
    There were parts of it edited into the live clip, but some additional black-and-white scenes (including a funeral, filmed on location in New Orleans) were not used. We know they exist though because some stills were posted on the oldest iteration of NIN.com...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I think it may have been set to private before. I'm pretty sure I've been to Shynola's Vimeo page in the past.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    From six years ago?
    I mean, NTAE referenced a blog post from 11 years prior when it was released. Not super crazy imo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Looking at the footage, I'm wondering if Trent didn't release the video because it looks too similar to Tetsuo The Iron Man. Clearly it had an influence on the video, but maybe Trent decided it went too far in lifting from it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I mean, NTAE referenced a blog post from 11 years prior when it was released. Not super crazy imo
    it did?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    it did?
    I think we’re talking about Schizophrenia’s Diary: https://www.nin.wiki/Not_The_Actual_Events

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Eh, that's not the same thing. Odds are that Trent (or someone on the NIN team) didn't write the blog posts and then wait eleven years to reference it on the album. Plus Trent has always referenced other works in his lyrics over the years.

We already know that Shynola did a video for "Everything", and considering how well the clips seem to fit the song, I think it's safe to say that they're from that video.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I tried recreating it. I think at most it's all there, maybe some clips are missing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I need this music video.

I think Hesitation Marks is crazy underrated and will be revered like [WITH_TEETH] one day. "Everything" is a fabulous song and a highlight of the album for me. Always has been

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    its a masterpiece in my eyes

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    its a masterpiece in my eyes
    Both HM and Eat The Elephant by APC kind of fall into that “I didn’t get it at the time of release but certainly do now” category.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This is so damn good, thank you to everyone involved for bringing this to light.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wait, Tomato? As in the same folks behind Underworld's artwork? I didn't know they were ever involved with Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Wait, Tomato? As in the same folks behind Underworld's artwork? I didn't know they were ever involved with Nine Inch Nails.
    Yeah, they're thanked in The Fragile liner notes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm just so excited that this glimpse was found out in the wild! I know it was canned for "reasons" but it's a shame because the video looked pretty awesome too.

Now, does Francis Lawrence have a show reel? I NEED more of EDIETS than just these :-)

Source
    Last edited by Paul; 08-20-2021 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I'm just so excited that this glimpse was found out in the wild! I know it was canned for "reasons" but it's a shame because the video looked pretty awesome too.

Now, does Francis Lawrence have a show reel? I NEED more of EDIETS than just these :-)

Source
    I actually had a really dumb idea years ago: Trent releases all the scrapped projects in an anthology called "Failed and Forgotten".

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I actually had a really dumb idea years ago: Trent releases all the scrapped projects in an anthology called "Failed and Forgotten".
    haha they’re not forgotten tho. nin fans never forget these scrapped projects….

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    haha they’re not forgotten tho. nin fans never forget these scrapped projects….
    Yuuuuup, and that is EXACTLY why I think it would be a great, dumb title.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Since an entire concert from 1995 just graced us, surely they can release the full version of this now?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Since an entire concert from 1995 just graced us, surely they can release the full version of this now?
    i said this exact thing yesterday. we can hope!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i said this exact thing yesterday. we can hope!
    And EDIETS and TDTWWA and, and…

…yeah.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought Everything was not good when I first heard it but as mentioned here already, time has been kind to it and I think it's one of the better tracks on HM. I get really cool vibes of The Cure from it now and would love to get a look at the video someday.