Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Lana Del Rey

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    I like many of Lana’s songs and others I find unmemorable. Has anyone seen her live? I’m curious enough to get a ticket for a show next year but I am undecided because of what I’ve read about lack of stage presence and performance and brevity of said performance. Plus I’ve read her shows become too much of an audience sing along, which I don’t like. Plus it’s in an arena and I don’t know how those intimate melancholy songs will translate in such a sizeable venue. All this debate because I don’t know if it’s worth taking a vacation day or two to travel to see her, which I would have to do.
    Planning to see her in January when she stops in Charlotte, NC. I’ll get back to you.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    I like many of Lanaís songs and others I find unmemorable. Has anyone seen her live? Iím curious enough to get a ticket for a show next year but I am undecided because of what Iíve read about lack of stage presence and performance and brevity of said performance. Plus Iíve read her shows become too much of an audience sing along, which I donít like. Plus itís in an arena and I donít know how those intimate melancholy songs will translate in such a sizeable venue. All this debate because I donít know if itís worth taking a vacation day or two to travel to see her, which I would have to do.
    the rumors are true! i saw her live this year and it was incredibly boring, too short, and full of too many tweens in flower crowns singing along. and i'm a pretty big fan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Planning to see her in January when she stops in Charlotte, NC. I’ll get back to you.
    Good, I’ll be curious to read about your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I saw her a couple of years ago with Grimes, I thought Lana was fantastic. I wasn't a big fan of hers before I saw her live either.
    Good to know she left a positive impression. I love Grimes, saw her open for Florence & the Machine. That would be a different juxtaposition with Grimes’ music being high energy and Lana’s low key.

Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    the rumors are true! i saw her live this year and it was incredibly boring, too short, and full of too many tweens in flower crowns singing along. and i'm a pretty big fan...
    See that’s what makes me hesitate. Would you pay to see her again?

I was actually at a Lana Del Rey concert in 2015 when she played with Courtney Love. Courtney was fantastic and as a huge Hole fan I was excited to finally see her perform. Then we waited for an hour and they announced the show was canceled because of severe weather threat (outdoor venue). A huge uproar went through the crowd and everyone eventually filed out, just to sit in the parking lot for an hour. So, I never got to see her and it feels like a missed opportunity. The date was eventually canceled instead of rescheduled so at least I got to see Courtney Love for free! I can’t tell you how many angry conversations I heard leaving the venue complaining they only got to see Courtney....”Who the hell is Courtney Love?!”

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Would you pay to see her again?
    definitely not. still a fan, just not interested in the live show from here on out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Picked up the 180g vinyl on a whim... lavish and lush production.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was actually at a Lana Del Rey concert in 2015 when she played with Courtney Love. Courtney was fantastic and as a huge Hole fan I was excited to finally see her perform. Then we waited for an hour and they announced the show was canceled because of severe weather threat (outdoor venue). A huge uproar went through the crowd and everyone eventually filed out, just to sit in the parking lot for an hour. So, I never got to see her and it feels like a missed opportunity. The date was eventually canceled instead of rescheduled so at least I got to see Courtney Love for free! I can’t tell you how many angry conversations I heard leaving the venue complaining they only got to see Courtney....”Who the hell is Courtney Love?!”
    I was at this same show in Dallas. I left feeling so incredibly disappointed, especially since I had traveled from out of town to go to this show. I was really digging her set list on this tour.

I did get to see her at ACL Festival a few years ago, and I thought she was fantastic then. I also got tickets to see her in Austin this coming Feb., so I'll finally get to see her again.

I'm looking forward to it, while there a few tracks that are kind of skippable, I think Lust for Life was overall great and a step in the right direction. While I think I enjoy Honeymoon more overall as whole album experience, Lust for Life has songs I like more than anything off of Honeymoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    How was the show?

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    How was the show?
    Chose not to. I'm such a killjoy

The girl I was seeing didn't want to go so I opted out. me and her might see Beck in April as a consolation.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    New single. Second single next week. Album early 2019.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    One of the things i really like about Lana is that, for all the sweet sounding music and vocal stylings, she slips in all this course language. Not just that, but she works it into the context of the songs so it's not even out of place, and it's not there just for shock value.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "My pussy tastes like pepsi-cola" was a bit of a "whoa" moment when it came out. As soon as I heard it I was hooked, but you're right, it served this Americana vibe and wasn't just about the language used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love this woman with all my heart.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Already? Dang.