Thread: 2022.06.24 - Clisson, FR @ Hellfest Open Air Festival

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

2022.06.24 - Clisson, FR @ Hellfest Open Air Festival

200692842_10157860837887536_5862887949826800564_n.jpg
    Nine Inch Nails at Hellfest June 24, 2022

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I can't believe I actually managed to score a ticket for this. The line up I have dreamed about for 25 years... NIN with Ministry and Skinny Puppy, the biggest 3 industrial bands. If it was just Ministry and NIN I would have passed, I saw them play together at Riotfest 2017. But with how infrequently Skinny Puppy plays live, considering I have never seen them, I can't miss out on this. (This will be #7 for NIN and #5 for Ministry for me)

This should be a cool experience, I have never been out of the united states, much less somewhere I don't speak the native language. Already booked my appointment to get my passport.

Any one else coming over from the states for this?

And yes, I plan on taping the entire Holy Trinity.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 07-09-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was interested in making the trek, but missed out on single day tickets.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    And yes, I plan on taping the entire Holy Trinity.
    This "we got all the bands we asked for on our ticket" deal has the makings for some really special performances. Supernaut?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    This "we got all the bands we asked for on our ticket" deal has the makings for some really special performances. Supernaut?
    I got my hopes up at Riotfest, with New Order, Ministry and Saul Williams, you think that Trent could have ran out on stage at least once for some guest vocals, but I guess not.

Hoping for a Trent/Ogre/Al rendition of Smothered Hope this time though!!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Hoping for a Trent/Ogre/Al rendition of Smothered Hope this time though!!
    I'd be down for Dig It/Down in It mashup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    flying in from Ottawa, ONtario. booked a hotel room.
    photos look good. i think it is normally a cheap place just to flop.... but hopefully will go good for extended stay https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._la_Loire.html

Seven Urban Suites Nantes Centre, Nantes
    will probably spend week touring around before the show ... and maybe a week after... then might go to Italy. still not sure but hoping to tour around a bit.
    Last edited by jshebib; 07-22-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well, as of right now, I'm going to make this happen after all.

I see that France was added to the list of countries the CDC is advising against travel to, now would probably be the best time to book my flight on the cheap. This might be my only chance to travel to Europe so I'm going to try and make this into a 2 week trip scheduled around the show.

And like I said in the Cleveland thread, after this show I'm probably going to be done taping and going to shows in general, for awhile.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well, I turned in my passport application a couple weeks ago, right now the wait is 8-11 weeks.

Yesterday I bought my airline tickets. June 20th I'll be flying to Paris and June 30th I'll be flying from Berlin to Minneapolis because there was almost a $600 price difference to fly direct to Sioux Falls, I'll just get a rental and drive the rest of the way home.

Speaking of car rentals, that's what I'm going to end up doing while I'm in Europe, so that way I have the flexibility I need to do what I want when I want. When I travel nothing is more liberating than that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, I turned in my passport application a couple weeks ago, right now the wait is 8-11 weeks.

Yesterday I bought my airline tickets. June 20th I'll be flying to Paris and June 30th I'll be flying from Berlin to Minneapolis because there was almost a $600 price difference to fly direct to Sioux Falls, I'll just get a rental and drive the rest of the way home.

Speaking of car rentals, that's what I'm going to end up doing while I'm in Europe, so that way I have the flexibility I need to do what I want when I want. When I travel nothing is more liberating than that.
    FWIW, you may want to look into getting an international driver's license for the purpose of car rentals in Europe.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm going to this one but I'm kinda waiting for more european dates to be announced before making any real plans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone interested in a single-day Hellfest ticket?
    Last edited by TrenchSister; 02-27-2022 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Ticket just sold

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Skinny Puppy canceled, anyone interested in my ticket? I'll sell for face to you guys.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Skinny Puppy canceled, anyone interested in my ticket? I'll sell for face to you guys.
    Oh man, that's a shame for sure. It's still a pretty great lineup, but SP was one of the lynchpins, IMO. Alas! (I wasn't going to Hellfest myself, but y'all with tickets have my sympathies, if you'd been looking forward to SP as much as I'd've been.)

Their announcement (https://www.facebook.com/10004425559...4885200329995/) mentions "final shows" in 2023 -- sounds like the band might be wrapping it up. Hopefully they come through the states one more time, if this is really the end!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As time is drawing near, is fucking anyone going to this? I mean, of us die-hards. I do not want to be lost in a sea of unenthusiastic festival attendees, we know how that goes :/ . In a situation like that, I normally would not even dream about queuing up early, but maybe there's a good chance after all of making it all the way to the front if nobody else is interested, lol.

My only other NIИ festival experience was perfect in that regard, showed up in the late afternoon, got on the rail with a delicious and affordable beer in my hand, got a high energy show, the only con was the rather short 17 song setlist. I frankly have no hopes that a ginormous French festival could even remotely compare, unless... I get to hear Happiness in Slavery and/or The Perfect Drug both for the very first time (I still can't believe that is even an option these days, honestly).

PS. I really hope this "continent exclusive festival deal" won't be a fucking thing in the future; the time, stress and money I have to invest in travelling to these remote gigs is absolutely bonkers.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarazenvonWolfenstein View Post
    As time is drawing near, is fucking anyone going to this? I mean, of us die-hards. I do not want to be lost in a sea of unenthusiastic festival attendees, we know how that goes :/ . In a situation like that, I normally would not even dream about queuing up early, but maybe there's a good chance after all of making it all the way to the front if nobody else is interested, lol.

My only other NIИ festival experience was perfect in that regard, showed up in the late afternoon, got on the rail with a delicious and affordable beer in my hand, got a high energy show, the only con was the rather short 17 song setlist. I frankly have no hopes that a ginormous French festival could even remotely compare, unless... I get to hear Happiness in Slavery and/or The Perfect Drug both for the very first time (I still can't believe that is even an option these days, honestly).

PS. I really hope this "continent exclusive festival deal" won't be a fucking thing in the future; the time, stress and money I have to invest in travelling to these remote gigs is absolutely bonkers.
    I was planning on going until Skinny Puppy canceled.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Trent better do Isn't Everyone with Health and someone better record it in high quality.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Trent better do Isn't Everyone with Health and someone better record it in high quality.
    They played it !!!!!