Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
Results 1,351 to 1,361 of 1361

Thread: If I Canít Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    So...I loathe Kim Kardashian and the audio on IANAWIAG was too low, so I fixed both problems. If this shouldn't be here, please feel free to move/remove it.

https://mega.nz/file/1Vt0CaoS#IefgBD...swmUOJZcOQCoTQ
    Excellent! Can you do the same for the Darling performance as well... ?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Excellent! Can you do the same for the Darling performance as well... ?
    When I get some time, sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’ve been listening to the album quite a bit in the past few weeks, and I like it, this is impressive work on a lyrical and production level.
    BUT : this is personal, but I feel they are always singing. And I mean always : there is hardly any room for the music to breathe by itself. And in the end it is for me fatiguing to listen to the album as a whole. I get they obviously have a lot to say, and the lyrical content is interesting, but the voice is always upfront (the mixer Serban Ghenea is known for his clarity and presence on lead vocals) and constant. Watching the performances posted earlier shows their qualities as a front woman, and the obvious quality and humanity of the vocal delivery is endearing, and there is probably a sense of self empowerment too in taking the lead and driving the music instead of letting it drive them.

But purely as a matter of taste, it’s too much for me. Maybe this is genre related but the latest pop I’ve listened to ( Lizzo, Janelle Monae, Annie, Suzanne Sundfor) gives more space to the music and I like that way better.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    There's a Halsey filter being featured on SnapChat now for you filter freaks <3

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benoÔde View Post
    BUT : this is personal, but I feel they are always singing. And I mean always : there is hardly any room for the music to breathe by itself. And in the end it is for me fatiguing to listen to the album as a whole.
    This is an issue I have with a lot of pop music. The singer is always-on in every sense of the phrase, and I like a little more space in my musical arrangements. Doesn't mean you need to litter every song with instrumental solos, but an instrumental bridge here and there wouldn't hurt either. Not about this album specifically, but there have been other acts I've listened to where I think to myself, light-heartedly, shut up already

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    There's a Halsey filter being featured on SnapChat now for you filter freaks <3
    I got my hopes up it was a vocal filter for the album.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    It would've been cooler if it was

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    It would've been cooler if it was

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benoÔde View Post
    I’ve been listening to the album quite a bit in the past few weeks, and I like it, this is impressive work on a lyrical and production level.
    BUT : this is personal, but I feel they are always singing. And I mean always : there is hardly any room for the music to breathe by itself. And in the end it is for me fatiguing to listen to the album as a whole. I get they obviously have a lot to say, and the lyrical content is interesting, but the voice is always upfront (the mixer Serban Ghenea is known for his clarity and presence on lead vocals) and constant. Watching the performances posted earlier shows their qualities as a front woman, and the obvious quality and humanity of the vocal delivery is endearing, and there is probably a sense of self empowerment too in taking the lead and driving the music instead of letting it drive them.

But purely as a matter of taste, it’s too much for me. Maybe this is genre related but the latest pop I’ve listened to ( Lizzo, Janelle Monae, Annie, Suzanne Sundfor) gives more space to the music and I like that way better.
    Similarly, my only gripe with the album is the use of auto tune. I generally don't have a problem with auto tune, but it's also generally done either extremely subtly to smooth out mistakes or extremely blatantly as a stylistic choice. Halsey's always used it in this very awkward middle ground where most of the time it doesn't seem to affect her voice at all (or is extremely subtle and natural sounding), but it's at an awkward setting where it struggles to find the note at certain points.

She has a habit of doing this bizarre vocal trick where she rapidly opens and closes her jaw at random points in the melody and, whatever the desired effect is, all it manages to accomplish is cause the auto tune to freak the hell out for a fraction of a second. It also regularly struggles in the last second of her singing a line, just as her voice fades. It's like nails on a chalkboard every time it happens, and she's a good enough singer that she doesn't need it at all in the first place. This album (and every other Halsey album) would be 100% better without auto tune, or with auto tune applied properly.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Honestly, I didn't notice anything that sounded auto-tuned on the album. It seemed like there were a few moments where they intentionally warped her voice for effect, but personally I didn't have a problem with that. If they did do auto-tune, they did a hell of a job of not making it sound too obvious like a lot of pop music these days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I still love this album. All the way through.