Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1656

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Seeing Halsey on the first date of the tour. I’ll keep count on how many NIN shirts I spot. Possibly myself included. Ha!
    awesome. can’t wait for the deets. have fun. fingers crossed for nightmare (reprise). apparently her fans really like the original with her baby voice prayer. i just want the reznor piano.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    awesome. can’t wait for the deets. have fun. fingers crossed for nightmare (reprise). apparently her fans really like the original with her baby voice prayer. i just want the reznor piano.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/halse...l-3b71dab.html

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm seeing them at Red Rocks in July! I was really hoping for Ya'aburnee and it's awesome it's on there, but it's just the album version over the PA? That's a bummer. The set looks great otherwise.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I’m saying this with absolute affection - this looks like a fantastic show, but I love how the chapter breaks and warnings and interludes (“interlude a - a liminal hallway” is my favorite) would make a 2000s prog metal band blush.
    Last edited by Horican; 05-18-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Love that they’re playing so much from IICHLIWP, Whispers fantastic, but no Bells in Santa Fe???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Late into posting. My bad. Ha! Thanks for posting the setlist.fm link. I was gonna do same. Overall, it was a fantastic show. Loved that the majority of the set was from the Power/Love record. Even some of the previous records’ tracks were punched up in an industrial NIN-style which was a nice surprise. The stage set-up & design were reminiscent to what’s familiar to us all NIN dorks, and I dug that throughout.

Halsey made a few references to NIN during the show and also wished Trent a happy birthday.

I only spotted a whopping three NIN shirts. Two of which were the Halsey/NIN mash-up we’ve seen. The other was my own Self-Destruct 1994 I wore. Which someone stopped me to give me props on & remind me it was TR’s birthday.

Bottom line: If you like Halsey & the new record, go catch this tour. Hell…even if you’re only into the record cuz of TR+AR, go catch the tour. It’ll be worth it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I checked and there are still a lot of seats available in Portla..I mean Vancouver...so I'm thinking about it. At the time of ticket release I was like "oh it'll sell out and I have other purchases I need to make" but now I'm thinking why not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Happy to see The Lighthouse on the setlist posted above. It's low key best track on that album imo
    Will be seeing Halsey June 6th and am kinda excited!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Are any of their festival shows being live-streamed?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There are some videos on YouTube, looks like a great show, wish I could see it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Gutted that the only UK dates are festivals now, would've been great to see the album live.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think it’s best not to be too clear cut about which parts are Halsey and which are TRAR, it’s a collaboration after all, but still instructive to hear the version of 1121 she’s playing live, which are a demo with a pre Reznor arrangement

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This album just doesn’t do it for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    This album just doesn’t do it for me.
    I enjoyed upon listening and appreciated the thought and effort that went into it - but I found that it's one of those albums for me that didn't have staying power. Once the initial fascination was over, going back to it hasn't been that enjoyable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hearing that "demo" version of 1121, it seems pretty clear how much Trent and Atticus changed the arrangements. The version she's playing live sounds like what I would expect her music to sound like, more pop, and honestly not as interesting to me. I remember them saying that they basically stripped the demos down to just her vocals and then just built them back up, and this is a really good example of how much they changed things. It would be interesting to hear demos of other songs on the album. I had never heard her music before this album, and didn't even know who she was, but I still listen to the album and enjoy it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

the album really does it for me. i listen to it almost every day still. i can’t wait to see them live next month.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Anyone keeping up with Halsey on Twitter? This is really funny yet sad at the same time. From what I can work out, she wanted to release a single but they refused unless she can get a good Tik tok moment, so she slagged them off on Tik Tok and this is their response

Last edited by WorzelG; 05-23-2022 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Hearing that "demo" version of 1121, it seems pretty clear how much Trent and Atticus changed the arrangements. The version she's playing live sounds like what I would expect her music to sound like, more pop, and honestly not as interesting to me. I remember them saying that they basically stripped the demos down to just her vocals and then just built them back up, and this is a really good example of how much they changed things. It would be interesting to hear demos of other songs on the album. I had never heard her music before this album, and didn't even know who she was, but I still listen to the album and enjoy it.
    Qualifier: I really love the album. Except Darling, which I'd encourage to take a long walk on a short pier.

1121 is one of my favorites from the album. Perhaps they aren't including a pianist to do those parts live and want to reduce the amount of backing tracks required for the show.

It sounds a lot like Honey, makes me curious if that demo was touched the least. Listening to that live, it seems like the drums are overpowering everything and the bassline (what I believe to be signature part of the track) is wiped out. I hope this is coming off better live.

I wasn't planning on driving to Dallas for the concert but things like that would probably get me heading to the parking lot to beat traffic.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm going to the show in MA on the first with my 10 year hold, pretty excited for it because they really like this album when I have played it for them. Does anyone happen to know what them Halsey has been going on and ending at? Late night for the young one, just trying to mentally prepare them and myslef. Thanks!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I saw Halsey at her Tampa stop, @Fadeout54321 and she started maybe just a few minutes after 9pm and finished about 11:15pm. She talked a lot which she freely acknowledged during the show. :-) I don't know if you have seen any videos from the tour but if not, they are showing warnings about content/lights/etc. I would just note that they use large screens and during several songs, Halsey shows artistic videos but they have blood/gore and self-harm (only one moment).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Really wish the instrumentals would leak. There's 2 out there now, and the instrumental of IANAWIAG is simply amazing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    I saw Halsey at her Tampa stop, @Fadeout54321 and she started maybe just a few minutes after 9pm and finished about 11:15pm. She talked a lot which she freely acknowledged during the show. :-) I don't know if you have seen any videos from the tour but if not, they are showing warnings about content/lights/etc. I would just note that they use large screens and during several songs, Halsey shows artistic videos but they have blood/gore and self-harm (only one moment).
    Thanks for the time info. I totally watched some videos to be sure it'd be okay after that instagram post with the warning. It looks safe. My wife and I are open about life and death and everything in between. It'll be a late night well worth it!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

probably not from the IICHLIWP sessions huh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I feel like the only reason they're releasing it is that she publicly put them on blast in that Tik Tok video (you can see it in this article) and it would make them look bad if they didn't.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-03-2022 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Typographical error

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You know what I’d love to see? A few tracks remixed by Trent and Atticus. Just have them completely rework a handful into something unrecognizable. It won’t happen, but unless stems are released, I can dream.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    You know what I’d love to see? A few tracks remixed by Trent and Atticus. Just have them completely rework a handful into something unrecognizable. It won’t happen, but unless stems are released, I can dream.
    They already put their stamp on the album as it is, so I can't really see them doing any other remixes besides the one they did for Nightmare. It would be interesting to hear some more remixes of other tracks though. The remixes for I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God weren't bad, but I didn't find them particularly memorable either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    They already put their stamp on the album as it is, so I can't really see them doing any other remixes besides the one they did for Nightmare. It would be interesting to hear some more remixes of other tracks though. The remixes for I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God weren't bad, but I didn't find them particularly memorable either.
    See, that’s just it. Those remixes weren’t bad, just blah. But for my money, anytime Trent has remixed his own work, it’s been one of if not the highlight of it’s release, be it a single or album, what have you.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    See, that’s just it. Those remixes weren’t bad, just blah. But for my money, anytime Trent has remixed his own work, it’s been one of if not the highlight of it’s release, be it a single or album, what have you.
    Trent hasn't remixed his own work since TDS era

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

edit: actually since TDTWWA Quiet, but it's still a long time

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post

edit: actually since TDTWWA Quiet, but it's still a long time
    I'm nitpicking, but technically it was Things Falling Apart was when Trent last remixed himself