Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1656

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Part of me thinks this is aesthetically pleasing, but the other part is thinking too many variants.
    It's damn gorgeous, and you know it.

THIS is too many variants:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Not sure why anyone would think that it was "trees" when she's singing about Jesus and Judas.
    Lol, I don't pay that much attention to lyrics and am not the best with religious imagery anyway. :P (Like, only right now am I realizing what this "three-day weekend" refers to!! Ohh!!)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So why is Tyler who produces his own albums going to work with somebody else at this point when he is now in his prime. Does the person who has their own musical,media and fashion empire need to change anything? Not really. You guys really want the hypebeasts coming for NIN? No, I dont think you want that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Now I want TR+AR to produce Taylor Swifts next record. Legitimately because I fuckin want it.
    I think this is what Taylor thinks about treading into the dark.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Have you actually sat down and given When We All Fall Asleep a chance?
    I'm 41. There isn't much of ANYTHING new that grabs me these days. In the past ten years or so, I've seriously gotten into five or six new bands. My wife is the same way. Billie's debut is one of our favorite albums of the past decade. Hell, it's one of my favorite albums, PERIOD.
    Sure, I get that she's trendy, and that she had a LOT of industry push. And, of course, music is subjective: we obviously might not like the same things.

But I wouldn't write her off just because she's so popular. Her production, (all done by her brother, with whom she was homeschooled,) is gorgeous. The songwriting is top notch. The lyrics are eerie and dark. And her voice is inimitable.

If you've heard the record and don't like it, that's what that is. But if you're just writing her off because she seems too trendy, or looks like an "industry plant," I'd seriously urge you to check that first album out on a nice pair of headphones.
    I admit that i haven't - i'll give it a listen - thanks!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Picked up another copy from a local shop in Chicago. I checked the barcode to see which variant they ordered and its the black with signed insert. Wonder if they just wanted to surprise customers.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Not gonna lie...was shocked and relieved to not see any more variants for RSD.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    So why is Tyler who produces his own albums going to work with somebody else at this point when he is now in his prime. Does the person who has their own musical,media and fashion empire need to change anything? Not really. You guys really want the hypebeasts coming for NIN? No, I dont think you want that at all.

Tyler didn't do ALL the production on his last record. He allowed two other producers on the record: they each got to do one track.
    That being said, he's certainly not in NEED of a special guest producer, and I think Finneas would throw hands before letting any producer near a Billie Eilish track.

this Halsey thing, though, it could lead to some remixes, at least, right?
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-14-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    this Halsey thing, though, it could lead to some remixes, at least, right?
    Ugh, I miss the days of every NIN record resulting in Trent sending stems to his friends to see what they come up with (as well as doing his own remixes) and then putting that out as a full release.

I also miss the days of NIN records.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 09-15-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I already loved the song, but I just can't get over how much more intensity there is when "I am not a woman, I'm a god" is sung live:

(this came from the Moment House performance, but ignore the bizarre edit, and Portuguese subtitles, if you will...)

It does make me wonder if they purposely held back the vocals on the studio track, especially during the final chorus, for some reason...
    Last edited by Paul; 09-16-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    So I already loved the song, but I just can't get over how much more intensity there is when "I am not a woman, I'm a god" is sung live:

(this came from the Moment House performance, but ignore the bizarre edit, and spanish subtitles, if you will...)

It does make me wonder if they purposely held back the vocals on the studio track, especially during the final chorus, for some reason...
    Portuguese, not spanish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think the vocals are byproduct of their working style - they had that song and then made a contrasting instrumental to those pop and sweet vocals

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    i think the vocals are byproduct of their working style - they had that song and then made a contrasting instrumental to those pop and sweet vocals
    I generally agree, which is why I find the end of IanawIag so unusual. That last chorus could be much more forward in the mix, but it isn't. But it is in this live version!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    soooooooo whatever happened with those rumored instrumentals of this album? Did they ever surface?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mank View Post
    Does anyone have the instrumentals that are floating around already?
    so are they floating or are they just rumored?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    soooooooo whatever happened with those rumored instrumentals of this album? Did they ever surface?
    I could be completely off-base here, but my impression was that someone posted about how they wanted an Instrumentals version of the album, and it sort of got picked up as a rumor. I don't think there was ever any indication that such a thing existed. (Again, could be wrong, though.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry to be effectively reposting this a mere two days later, but they just released the official live performance of "I am not a woman, I'm a god" from the Moment House event. It's definitely worth a watch:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    I could be completely off-base here, but my impression was that someone posted about how they wanted an Instrumentals version of the album, and it sort of got picked up as a rumor. I don't think there was ever any indication that such a thing existed. (Again, could be wrong, though.)
    In the first 24 hours of release someone made crappy instrumentals using that website that strips out the center channel/vocals. Those triggered the rumor that something legit was out there.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    mystery solved. Thanks for clearing that up.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    A while back in this thread people were talking about who TRAR should work with next in this new realm... I had someone in mind but I couldn't remember her name. Tonight I took the time to "do my own research" and found her name.

She's a NOLA native, Dawn Richards. She is legit and would be a great fit as she is, what I think is TRAR's most important qualifiers, authentic with her views and music now that she is solo on her own. Don't get me wrong I'd still love to see a new nin and htda project first and foremost.... and working with bands that are related (Like the recent HEALTH project and Danny Elfman.)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I'd advise giving it a few more chances before settling on an opinion. The difference between my first listen and fourth listen was pretty remarkable.
    Well, fuck me.
    A lot of this album wound up growing on me, after all.

I gave it another spin after watching the interview, and wound up digging it more.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well, fuck me.
    A lot of this album wound up growing on me, after all.

I gave it another spin after watching the interview, and wound up digging it more.
    Some NIN albums have taken longer to stick than this one. People Disappear Here >>> Darling, not sure my mind will change much on that, otherwise excellent beginning to end.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm trying to find information about that live stream for someone and found this article. It's pretty hilariously translated I must say.
    Halsey supporters are in for a experience this week. Adhering to the premiere of her new movie and album “If I Are not able to Have Appreciate, I Want Power”, the singer is having the stage at Second House for what is shaping up to be an unforgettable reside overall performance that audiences will be in a position to view from around the environment.
    “If I Won’t be able to Have Appreciate, I Want Energy”
    ‘If I Can not Have Love, I Want Power’
    “If I Cannot Have Appreciate, I Want Ability”
    ‘If I Are unable to Have Like, I Want Power’
    Halsey will be performing tracks from her new album of the exact same name.
    will she, though?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Apparently the movie will be released on Halloween at least in physical form. I would assume it would pop up on a streaming service just in time for spooky szn. I think HBO Max might be the one to get it since they could offer 4K HDR and atmos audio. Disney aint touching it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Apparently the movie will be released on Halloween at least in physical form. I would assume it would pop up on a streaming service just in time for spooky szn. I think HBO Max might be the one to get it since they could offer 4K HDR and atmos audio. Disney aint touching it.
    Source on physical release please?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Source on physical release please?

Good ol russians

https://www.golddisk.ru/goods/186726.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My guess would be on Apple TV+. Isn't everyone involved under the Apple Music wheelhouse?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I heart this record. That’s all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That seems a little sketchy to me. Given the number of variants of the record itself, I'd expect more than just a DVD version