Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Anyone one in the UK willing to pick this version up for me here in the US? https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vi...er-white-vinyl

Edit: Got this covered now. Thanks @Tom
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 07-16-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    For those in Australia JB HiFi exclusive version looks to be same as Target Exclusive:
    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/v...usive-vinyl-lp

So what is the list of versions so far?
    Black Vinyl - Standard Release
    Transparent Orange Vinyl - Limited Release
    Grey Vinyl - Wallmart Exclusive (+ bonus track)
    White Vinyl - Target / JB Hi-Fi Exclusive (+ bonus track)
    UK Coloured? Vinyl (+ 2 bonus tracks)
    Transparent Red Vinyl Unique Artwork - Urban Outfitters

The barcode listed for the UK one is same as JB/Target.... I bet its actually 1 bonus track white vinyl and the 2 is a mistake...
    Last edited by timdotexe; 07-09-2021 at 07:44 AM. Reason: more versions

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    WOW, a whole lotta misogyny for a 13 minute video of someone walking around a museum. Would some of y'all have had the same annoying ass reactions if it were Trent and Atticus moodily walking around The Met? Something tells me that's a hard no, and that instead of shit posting about it, you would have been overanalyzing the paintings they were walking in front of and focusing on what the point of the video was supposed to be in the first place.
    Yeah, no, I would have cringed my face off even harder if it were Trent and Atticus doing it.

EDIT: I'm still looking forward to the album and have already pre-ordered the limited LP. I just think a week long countdown... to a 13 minute video... where the theme is stated in the first minute or two... and then it's the same thing for the next ten minutes... all just to reveal the album artwork (and the release date separately) feels self-indulgent and tedious. I'm not sure if I would have had a different reaction if I had watched it later instead of watching it live at the culmination of the countdown.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 07-07-2021 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, no, I would have cringed my face off even harder if it were Trent and Atticus doing it.

EDIT: I'm still looking forward to the album and have already pre-ordered the limited LP. I just think a week long countdown... to a 13 minute video... where the theme is stated in the first minute or two... and then it's the same thing for the next ten minutes... all just to reveal the album artwork (and the release date separately) feels self-indulgent and tedious. I'm not sure if I would have had a different reaction if I had watched it later instead of watching it live at the culmination of the countdown.

Pot calling the kettle on the YZ ARG. And even Trent called it art. So whats the difference here? Yeah, NONE.

The term "marketing" sure is a frustrating one for me at the moment. What you are now starting to experience IS "year zero". It's not some kind of gimmick to get you to buy a record - it IS the art form... and we're just getting started. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Pot calling the kettle on the YZ ARG. And even Trent called it art. So whats the difference here? Yeah, NONE.
    The difference is I enjoyed one ride and not the other. Why are you being such an ass about it? I'm not putting anyone down who enjoyed the video. I'm still looking forward to this album and happy to see so many others are, too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    UK Store has the transparent orange version.

Edit - and here is what sounds like the Target version form the UK (with delivery to UK only) - boob included.

Edit 2 - just kidding. This is different from the Target version, as it includes 2 bonus tracks.
    Looks like HMV is also a "clean cover" both vinyl and CD

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vi...er-white-vinyl - Shows Clean Cover in description picture.

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/cd...hmv-exclusive) - Says clean cover in lower description section.

Either way, I'd like this version since it has two extra tracks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Urban Outfitters has an exclusive on red vinyl with a completely different cover art

Halsey - If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power Limited LP | Urban Outfitters

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Fans of the Nine Inch Nails referring to other artists as tedious and self-indulgent is peak irony.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Urban Outfitters has an exclusive on red vinyl with a completely different cover art

I am going to have fun updating nincatalog in the coming weeks. LOL!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Not sure censorship really should be considered exclusive...? That's a stretch (not against you, I see that's exactly how they're spinning it)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm surprised they didn't censor the cover any more than it already was.

probably going to be an online item. Don't want Sue Bob to see that on the shelf, they might faint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WOW, a whole lotta misogyny for a 13 minute video of someone walking around a museum. Would some of y'all have had the same annoying ass reactions if it were Trent and Atticus moodily walking around The Met? Something tells me that's a hard no, and that instead of shit posting about it, you would have been overanalyzing the paintings they were walking in front of and focusing on what the point of the video was supposed to be in the first place.
    I think her label’s press release gave the video a lot more context than watching it live did. Trust me, if it was a guy walking around a museum gazing at paintings and stopping to smirk at the camera, I’d find it just as tedious. It could have been a couple minutes shorter and accomplished the same thing. But that’s just me.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Fans of the Nine Inch Nails referring to other artists as tedious and self-indulgent is peak irony.
    Jesus Christ, why are people being so abrasive about this? When did it become a problem to share an opinion on here?

The narrative seems to be that if anyone says anything negative in this thread, it must be because the artist is 1) a pop artist, 2) female, or 3) not Nine Inch Nails. The assumption also seems to be that if you're a member of this forum, then you worship the ground Trent and Atticus walk on and think everything they've ever done is genius and that they've never done anything pretentious or disappointing.

So for starters, I have basically no pre-existing opinions about Halsey or her music, so I'm super open-minded about this whole thing. Her gender has literally nothing to do with my comments about not liking the reveal video (which is why I assume/hope the previous misogyny comment was not directed toward me). Her pregnancy also has nothing to do with me not enjoying the video; I actually thought her outfit showcasing her pregnancy was elegant and badass.

As for NIN, I have absolutely also cringed at things they've done. I thought that pandemic line of merch they revealed last year was a damn April Fool's joke. I get if they were trying to find ways to offer solidarity to their fans, but the whole thing felt off-brand to me in a way I didn't like. Also, I've enjoyed jumping on the NIN vinyl train over the last five years, but I find Trent's disdain for anyone who still enjoys CDs to be snobbish and sort of elitist. There are plenty of other examples, but you get the point. I'm also a big fan of Maynard's trio of bands, and good god is that a whole other galaxy of pretension.

So no, I don't think everything NIN does is untouchable, nor do I have any negativity toward Halsey or this album; I simply didn't think this video was a good way to reveal the album artwork, and I didn't realize saying that out loud was going to be such an issue. The above post by @suprefan seems to argue that if you liked Year Zero's creative marketing but didn't like this piece of creative marketing, then you're a hypocrite, which is like saying if you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but not tuna salad sandwiches, then you're a hypocrite, because they're both sandwiches.

Anyway, that's it. As I said, I'm very much looking forward to this album, but not everyone is going to love everything about it, and it would be great if we were able to share opinions on here without being attacked for them. This is isn't directed at anyone here, but I've noticed that this board is at its ugliest when people attack each other for having differing opinions. It's the narrative of, "if you don't like this that I like, then you're an asshole" or conversely, "if you like this that I don't like, then you're a rabid fanboy/fangirl who will like anything this artist does no matter what." On the other hand, this board is a lovely place to be when people can share and engage with differing opinions instead of putting each other down for having them.

The end. Hopefully we can move on from this and get back to focusing on the album. Hugs all around. <3

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

*yoink*
    just in time for my new vinyl listening area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I actually thought her outfit showcasing her pregnancy was elegant and badass.
    My thoughts exactly! I loved the outfit and made me feel as it were from something out of DUNE.

The only beef that I had with the video watching it live...is that after 15 minutes or so, it felt like it was meandering but at the same time kept me on the edge of my seat to see the reveal. Especially each time Halsey turned to the camera and smirked...as if she was waiting on us to catch up on what the "joke" may be...which of course wasn't a joke at all. Just having some fun at our expense. Good on her for doing that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The difference is I enjoyed one ride and not the other. Why are you being such an ass about it? I'm not putting anyone down who enjoyed the video. I'm still looking forward to this album and happy to see so many others are, too.
    See below.

bingo.

And a spotify fan exclusive cassette

https://shop.loveandpower.com/produc...usive-cassette

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Same, I made it 10 minutes, got the gist of it. If it were TR would I have stuck it out probably enjoyed the troll, like the field on fire "video", TNIN "concert", broken tracks 7-97, I'm sure there's more. I'm sure her fans ate it up.

Edit: Walmart !?! I'm about out of patience for the variants. UO's actual alternate artwork makes sense. Hope TR/AR don't get sucked into the label's variant payday scheme on future releases.

Moar edit: How does the copies from the band site not have all the tracks, in what world does that make sense?
    Last edited by ekrekel; 07-08-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Moar edit: How does the copies from the band site not have all the tracks, in what world does that make sense?
    $$$$$$

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    idiot question time: aren't all of the variants taking up production time for other releases?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    idiot question time: aren't all of the variants taking up production time for other releases?
    5-6 variants isn't even that many when you consider some bands have 10-15 variants of small runs. This album seems to have pretty big runs so you get some efficiency there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    These are all being released via Universal Music Group...which from my experience so far with pressing plants (I work for a small indie label), they have a sizeable chunk of the stuff being pressed so far and that helps them get their stuff out "on time" compared to other labels & releases that get delayed. And of course the Record Store Day releases don't help for timely productions either.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    5-6 variants isn't even that many when you consider some bands have 10-15 variants of small runs.
    Yeah, Beartooth has TWENTY TWO variants of their new record Below.

Also the reveal video thing was stupid, maximum cringe and i loled as i watched about 3 minutes of the 13.

But i love Halsey and i preordered the record and i'm excited about it.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 07-08-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I think all the variants are cool but "collectible me" isn't scratching at the bit to buy them all since this isn't a proper NIN / TR/AR release more than just the production piece. That being said, "financial me" really hopes NIN doesn't go crazy with these variants in the future because there will be a fight between "collectible me" vs "financial me".

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, why are people being so abrasive about this? When did it become a problem to share an opinion on here?
    When the opinions are loaded with misogyny, sexism, victim blaming, excusing Manson's culture of Rape, etc etc etc, then yeah, it's a problem. There's a difference between intelligently saying "you know what, this cover reveal video just wasn't for me" and the dumbass boneheaded misogynistic responses that a bunch of people on here and the rest of the internet seemed to post.

It's like.... everyone complaining are a bunch of white males going off about 13 minutes of a video for a concept album about Motherhood and Childbirth, written performed and released by an artist they don't even listen to. You're not entitled to thirteen awesome NIN infused minutes of Halsey's time.

People can have a differing opinion all they want, but when they start shit-posting with sexism at the core of the comment/statement/opinion, that's not engaging in difference of opinion discussion. That is, indeed, being an asshole and just putting down another musicians project/work just because it doesn't speak directly to you.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    When the opinions are loaded with misogyny, sexism, victim blaming, excusing Manson's culture of Rape, etc etc etc, then yeah, it's a problem. There's a difference between intelligently saying "you know what, this cover reveal video just wasn't for me" and the dumbass boneheaded misogynistic responses that a bunch of people on here and the rest of the internet seemed to post.

It's like.... everyone complaining are a bunch of white males going off about 13 minutes of a video for a concept album about Motherhood and Childbirth, written performed and released by an artist they don't even listen to. You're not entitled to thirteen awesome NIN infused minutes of Halsey's time.

People can have a differing opinion all they want, but when they start shit-posting with sexism at the core of the comment/statement/opinion, that's not engaging in difference of opinion discussion. That is, indeed, being an asshole and just putting down another musicians project/work just because it doesn't speak directly to you.
    Agree 100%. Again, none of my comments had anything to do about her gender or pregnancy. Other people commented on it, but I certainly did not.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Agree 100%. Again, none of my comments had anything to do about her gender or pregnancy. Other people commented on it, but I certainly did not.
    And, unless I missed something, those that did were called out pretty quickly.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    @Toadflax , I don't think I was "abrasive" anywhere -- certainly not enough to prompt a multi-paragraph essay (more irony?). I can see how you perhaps took my comment as a direct dig at you since I pulled words you used. However, I was more poking fun at the assertion of many folx saying they dislike it because it is pretentious when here we are... on a NIN message board. There are few acts out there who are more pretentious than our boys so the way people are framing their dislike of the project is just ironic and funny and perhaps requires a bit more self-reflection. That's all!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    @Toadflax, I don't think I was "abrasive" anywhere -- certainly not enough to prompt a multi-paragraph essay (more irony?). I can see how you perhaps took my comment as a direct dig at you since I pulled words you used. However, I was more poking fun at the assertion of many folx saying they dislike it because it is pretentious when here we are... on a NIN message board. There are few acts out there who are more pretentious than our boys so the way people are framing their dislike of the project is just ironic and funny and perhaps requires a bit more self-reflection. That's all!
    Gotcha! It was your comment coming off of someone else's similar comment that prompted the "essay" (lol). I appreciate you clarifying!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This album has 13 tracks, 5 of them with Explicit lyrics.