Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1374

Thread: If I Canít Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    There is a chrome extension called Stream Recorder. Its free and works fine. The other thing is i missed the part about it being available for 48 hours. So that essentially makes it less stressful for anyone that is attempting to do it since you can rewatch all you please in that time frame.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jkbkjdmm?hl=en
    Well I now have a 1.7GB file on my desktop.... I guess I got it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post

1.5, but how early did the recording start lol.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That movie wasn't great. Glad I saw it as it added some more context to the album, but, yeah, not great.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Did you do it live or from the archive. I'm kinda curious if the bitrate was higher during the first pass.

Here's the mediainfo for the archive. Stream recorder made it trivial to download https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lkgbfijkbkjdmm

General
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
    Codec ID : mp42 (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41/mp42)
    File size : 1.42 GiB
    Duration : 50 min 21 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 4 049 kb/s

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.2
    Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
    Format settings, GOP : M=4, N=120
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 50 min 20 s
    Duration_FirstFrame : -1 ms
    Bit rate : 3 853 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 3 000 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Frame rate : 24.000 FPS
    Minimum frame rate : 24.000 FPS
    Maximum frame rate : 756.303 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.077
    Stream size : 1.35 GiB (95%)
    Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
    Duration : 50 min 21 s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 192 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel layout : L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 69.1 MiB (5%)
    Default : Yes
    Alternate group : 1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Would assume first pass because you could start recording long before it started and it had an end time so it was easy to save afterwards. Started mine about a minute before it began just in case.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    I grabbed the replay and it's 1.57GB from the blue MPAA R rating slide to the fade to black after the copyright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A PM would be super appreciated. I don't know when I'm going to have to watch this now.
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Did you do it live or from the archive. I'm kinda curious if the bitrate was higher during the first pass.
    My meta data matches yours. It didn't "record live." It downloaded the file. I let it play to the end though.

1.5, but how early did the recording start lol.

My file has like 9 mins for the "count down" at the beginning, lol. I'm an idiot...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought the movie was OK. Honestly, all her tattoos kind of ruined the illusion of the medieval queen for me. But for basically 8 bucks I was entertained and it gave a different context to the album for me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hot Chip remix is out of I Am Not A Woman Im A God

https://twitter.com/hot_chip/status/...485433865?s=21

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sorry scratch that. Remoxes by multiple people

https://open.spotify.com/album/1KI8O...Xg&dl_branch=1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    I thought the movie was OK. Honestly, all her tattoos kind of ruined the illusion of the medieval queen for me. But for basically 8 bucks I was entertained and it gave a different context to the album for me.
    Funny you say that, I found myself most thrown off by her saying "Hi" in the shack. I was thinking, "Is that a period accurate greeting?" but apparently it started being used in 1862.

I found the film interesting. Now that I know the music so well I found some of the juxtapositions of the tracks with the imagery different than I expected. Also, knowing her real-life pregnancy status during the making of this film made it confusing to determine whether her character was supposed to be pregnant (yet) in a given scene or not. They clearly used some tricky camera angles, costumes, or even digital effects to adjust this. I'll probably give it another watch to see if there are details I missed the first time.

Regarding the soundtrack, there were many ambient sounds, extended cuts, and instrumental interludes that seemed to (to my ear) differ from the album versions, so I hope folks can extract those for our ongoing listening pleasure...
    Last edited by Paul; 09-30-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Honestly, all her tattoos kind of ruined the illusion of the medieval queen for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Funny you say that, I found myself most thrown off by her saying "Hi" in the shack. I was thinking, "Is that a period accurate greeting?" but apparently it started being used in 1862.
    Keep in mind this movie is basically just a feature-length music video. It's meant to be more impressionistic than accurate. If they had really wanted to go for realism, they would have done a TON differently, but that wasn't the intention here.

I thought the "hi" was hilarious, because it felt like a nice wink to the camera, a little acknowledgment that they're not trying to be 100% serious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Keep in mind this movie is basically just a feature-length music video. It's meant to be more impressionistic than accurate. If they had really wanted to go for realism, they would have done a TON differently, but that wasn't the intention here.

I thought the "hi" was hilarious, because it felt like a nice wink to the camera, a little acknowledgment that they're not trying to be 100% serious.
    see below, way more than just a music video.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

I found the film interesting. Now that I know the music so well I found some of the juxtapositions of the tracks with the imagery different than I expected. Also, knowing her real-life pregnancy status during the making of this film made it confusing to determine whether her character was supposed to be pregnant (yet) in a given scene or not. They clearly used some tricky camera angles, costumes, or even digital effects to adjust this. I'll probably give it another watch to see if there are details I missed the first time.

Regarding the soundtrack, there were many ambient sounds, extended cuts, and instrumental interludes that seemed to (to my ear) differ from the album versions, so I hope folks can extract those for our ongoing listening pleasure...

There are a bunch of little easter eggs in there that tie back to historical things when it came to pregnancy and such. The Runes and peeing on the seeds and hay are things. there is more, but its a matter of how willing you are to go on what its all about or not. The Halsey fans are deep on it already. Even what the actual story is has been deciphered and Halsey has confirmed some things already by what fans have taken away after last night. I really wouldnt just take the film at face value and say its just a music video and nothing more, thats means the Beyonce, Kanye and Rihanna's of the world aret putting a message into their art cause you think they just look pretty with music playing in the backround.
    Last edited by suprefan; 09-30-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    see below, way more than just a music video.
    I didn't mean "just a music video" reductively. I meant that they were going for style and feel more than accuracy (the way music videos often do and movies rarely do). There are plenty of historical references, but there are also plenty of anachronisms that they could have easily avoided if they were really trying to go for verisimilitude. They clearly made a decision not to, which is why I don't think there's value in criticizing the things that aren't period accurate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Count me in the camp of wanting a proper physical release (DVD or Blu-Ray or VHS) of the film. Given with the number of variants of the LP itself...I'm surprised that they haven't rolled out with that. Maybe there's still time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm ready for a real-deal NIN/UW collaboration

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Count me in the camp of wanting a proper physical release (DVD or Blu-Ray or VHS) of the film. Given with the number of variants of the LP itself...I'm surprised that they haven't rolled out with that. Maybe there's still time.
    I wouldn't be surprised if, about a year from now, they put out a deluxe version of the album that comes with a bonus DVD of the film.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Have I just totally been asleep and missed the NIN x Halsey gear? I really think this album NEEDS MOAR MERCH! But seriously though, shirt and some sort of special liner notes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The film is good, but a bit bizarre. It would be good in 3d (ifyouknowwhatImean). I'm interested to see how her tour looks.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Have I just totally been asleep and missed the NIN x Halsey gear? I really think this album NEEDS MOAR MERCH! But seriously though, shirt and some sort of special liner notes.

uh yeah where the hell did that come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    uh yeah where the hell did that come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably the same store as the Sons of Pale Horse tour shirt and Closure Laserdisc...

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Yeah, as much as I would like merch like that, it definitely seems fake. For one, "Nine Inch Nails" didn't have anything to do with the album, plus we would have noticed if it were in either artist's store, even briefly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, as much as I would like merch like that, it definitely seems fake. For one, "Nine Inch Nails" didn't have anything to do with the album, plus we would have noticed if it were in either artist's store, even briefly.
    In fairness, I did notice the Capital Records livestream interview used both the H4 logo and the NIN logo, despite being billed as TR+AR. Found it a bit odd and closest thing we’ve got to official promotional stuff using NIN specifically.

But yeah, that shirt is unofficial as hell.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post
    In fairness, I did notice the Capital Records livestream interview used both the H4 logo and the NIN logo, despite being billed as TR+AR. Found it a bit odd and closest thing we’ve got to official promotional stuff using NIN specifically.

But yeah, that shirt is unofficial as hell.
    meh, I'll give it a try.

The seller has previously sold promo kits for Kacey Musgrave and Alan Jackson which I've found elsewhere the small booklet on the bottom left seems like an odd thing to make. I figure they'd be spewing the shirts all over ebay if someone was trying to make a buck.

Edit: a little bird just confirmed authentic thanks friend.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 10-01-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Unless we see Mariqueen wearing it on her IG, it's not authentic!

Seriously, it's an interesting piece of promo material. @spahn is this something that we'd catalog as a promotional item?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    @FULLMETAL , cataloging clothing/accessories is something we've been working on and are still trying to get sorted out. I'll save the image for future entry.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post

Edit: a little bird just confirmed authentic thanks friend.
    i need more information

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i need more information
    I think it comes with the Halsey x NIN T-Shirt vinyl variant.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    i need more information
    I can also confirm that it is a legit t-shirt. I gotta a friend too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk