Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Aatchb 4k upscale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aatchb 4k upscale

I used the same software that made the 4K version of Never Gonna Give You Up to AATCHB.
    Turned out nice. I then created an MKV with both discs and added the DTS and Dolby 5.1 audio to the file.
    It's an all in one of all the best of the DVD(s) in 4k. About 30 gigs in size.

So, Question...

Can I share the torrent, or is it bad to share it due to it being copyrighted?
    Last edited by tabascojoe; 06-20-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh and I'm doing Woodstock now (should be done today).
    I also did Clouser, and all the easter eggs and supplemental material on AATCHB.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabascojoe View Post
    Can I share the torrent, or is it bad to share it due to it being copyrighted?
    Yeah, definitely not a good idea to share it.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Unless you can somehow get permission from seed0.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I love that there are people in this community resuscitating video originally made from MiniDV tapes (with prominent macroblocking artifacts burned right into 'em and everything)... talk about dedication!
    Last edited by botley; 06-23-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I love that there are people in this community resuscitating video originally made from MiniDV tapes (with prominent macroblocking artifacts burned right into 'em and everything)... talk about dedication!
    I tried doing that with a miniDV of “Kiss The Skull” by Danzig years ago (it hasn’t ever been released officially on DVD and what’s on YouTube isn’t the best quality):

I thought I’d finally get a pristine quality version of it on YouTube, but the miniDV itself was corrupted in multiple places and it didn’t end up working out. I reached out to Thomas Mignone who directed the video but that didn’t eventuate either.

Maybe I’ll dig through old emails and see what I can do today for the hell of it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @ tabascojoe Did you include the "Beneath the Surface" menu (or at least the content from it)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    @ tabascojoe Did you include the "Beneath the Surface" menu (or at least the content from it)?
    Yep! I think the content in "Beneath the Surface" is some of the best from the DVD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here is Woodstock upscaled to 4K...
    Now you have to realize a few things,
    This is not a professional job, I just threw the video in the AI software and clicked start.
    The original quality of the video is poor, not giving the AI much to work with. At times it's amazing, other times weird.
    Good news is AATTCHB was a much better original, giving better results all around.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bmQ...ew?usp=sharing

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I threw a 1080 upscaled version up here a few years ago. with all the extras edited back into it. I had zero blowback. and I was hesitant to release it due to getting slapped. didnt happen. I say go for it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    just watched the Woodstock performance.. like you said, not much to work with. his hair looks like cartoon snakes. probably gonna pass on this one. curious to see how AATCHB does tho for sure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    just watched the Woodstock performance.. like you said, not much to work with. his hair looks like cartoon snakes. probably gonna pass on this one. curious to see how AATCHB does tho for sure!
    Totally agree!
    I assume sharing Closure 4k would be OK.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I mean they released Closure for free. so I dont see an issue with sharing that