Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread about Courtney Love on ETS, oh boy

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Do you think Dave and Trent share a "Courtney" lawyer or are there 2 teams of paralegals monitoring her socials 24/7?
    Honestly they probably have some kind of guy who at least knows the guy who represents the gal who knows the guy... there's no way someone at that level doesn't have a thundering "emergency!" notification before any of the people on a fan board hears about it. It goes way beyond a "google alerts" kind of thing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Do you think Dave and Trent share a "Courtney" lawyer or are there 2 teams of paralegals monitoring her socials 24/7?
    I feel like I saw somebody say that Dave specifically has a lawyer that deals with her. Maybe that's a myth, I dunno. But I don't think you would need somebody scouring the internet for her online activities. Information travels so fast that it wouldn't take long to hear about her bullshit.

In this situation though, she straight up tagged them in those instagram posts. So they would have seen it immediately. Jesus, imagine eating dinner with your family or whatever and getting that notification on your phone. I would have stroked out for real, even if I knew it wasn't true.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I am almost certain that Dave Grohl has a lawyer who spends a significant amount of his time making sure Courtney Love doesn't fuck with Dave.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    My take is she is just jealous of Trent's post 90s success, going on to win golden globes and Oscars.

Of all her "peers" from that era, Trent/NIN and Dave Grohl are the only relevant ones these days.
    Hole, Manson, Pumpkins... they're all washed up. None of them went on to score movies and win awards, get into Rock in Roll HOF etc.

Trent is legit the only one that cleaned himself up and made an act for himself.

Courtney doesn't want to come out on Mr Manson because trash likes hanging out with trash.

I don't believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

But it does make some interesting reading material on a Monday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Lol what a big dummy that person is. Good riddance.

Wow. That was quick. WTF Courtney Love.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm glad she took it back, but IMO, one small message in her IG story is NOT enough. The damage has been done, the story has been published in several publications online, and has been circulating all over social media. Many people online have already passed judgement on Trent and will never hear about her recanting it. TR (and Dave) should seriously sue her for libel and/or defamation of character. The kind of shit she just publicly accused him of is the kind of shit you do not fucking kid around about. Those are VERY serious allegations and making false accusations about that sort of thing should have some equally serious consequences.
    But this isn’t new, she’s talked about the stuff that she saw on that tour many times. She wrote a few songs about it. And she is saying “abuse” and she isn’t really saying what it is and who did it. Other than Reznor is a “creep” who is talented. Anything else about “accusations” is being dreamed up in the imaginations of everyone else.

Reznor used to be accused of being the ringleader of debauchery on those tours, and he insisted he was just an “observer.” But many back then were saying it was his tour, he was the boss, and it doesn’t matter how drunk or high you are, you’re still ultimately in charge and it’s your responsibility. And if drunk roadies are banging underage girls on a tour bus in exchange for passes, or if they’re all throwing bologna at a naked girl on all four to see how much of it sticks (all stories that circulated), then the buck stops at the top.

Her point re Grohl is something we all know nothing about unless we examine their financial documents, but I wouldn’t put it past Grohl.

So, what provoked it? Who knows. She’s still a big proponent of feminism, although I don’t know how she’s navigating MeToo with all the Manson victims. She’s giving him a pass and I’m wondering when that will end. It should. She also maybe feels guilty about the NIN tour, because she was THERE and indirectly profited from it, and didn’t “do” anything about it. So it’s not her MeToo (as she says), but she maybe partly blames herself for not doing anything about it. The Grohl situation appears deliberate as part of negotiations.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-14-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    She straight up posted a story claiming Trent was a child predator going after girls as young as 12, it just got taken down because stories aren’t permanent posts. It was a lot more direct than the other post she made and couldn’t be read as anything other than a direct claim. I’m pretty sure someone posted a link to screenshots in here a couple pages back, it’s way more extreme than saying “oh he was encouraging bad behavior on tour.”

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    She straight up posted a story claiming Trent was a child predator going after girls as young as 12
    She said “systemic abuse of kids by him and his crew.” She didn’t say sexual abuse. You guys did. Again, she’s been telling this story for decades.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-14-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    She said “systemic abuse of kids by him and his crew.” She didn’t say sexual abuse. You guys did. Again, she’s been telling this story for decades.

This is the post @implanted_microchip was referring to.

Click for larger image.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

Click for larger image.
    Ahhhhh okay. I didn’t see that one. This will certainly get interesting

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

Click for larger image.
    As someone who has a family member battling a horrible downward spiral (no pun intended) with alcoholism, this reads like a late night drunken sad rant when they need to be off social media.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It eats her up that she'll be more known for being "Kurt Cobain's wife" than anything else.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    In my mind she is always like the female version of Manson: I’ve never listened to either of their bands or songs; they both give off abhorrent stenches just by looking at them, and trouble follows them wherever they go. She’s another dopey clown I’m glad I never glanced at twice.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Maybe let's just back off and let this non-story slide into the memory hole. She took down the post and apologized for it just now on her Instagram.
    Last edited by botley; 06-14-2021 at 07:55 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Maybe let's just back off and let this non-story slide into the memory hole. She took down the post and apologized for it just now on her Instagram.
    It's a bit late for that unfortunately as pretty much every music news site has picked up the story.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    She even accused Grohl of seducing her daughter back in 2012, both of them denied it. There just seems to be a lot of hate in her heart towards Dave and Trent.
    Frances’ roommate told Courtney that Dave hit on Frances, meaning the roommate interpreted it as a sexual advance toward Frances. Later, Frances said she didn’t take it that way. But Courtney didn’t make the whole thing up. That being said, Courtney does seem to have a mental situation that is occasionally untreated, where she goes off the rails toward people she seems to feel really hurt her. She’s been reportedly sober for a long time, so any current outbursts are seemingly not due to substance abuse. I see others on social media (not celebrities) who go off the rails out of nowhere sometimes like this, too, with hair triggers.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-14-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Courtney is about as sober as Bam Margera

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    J Mascis said Courtney used to call his dads house every day for 3 months in the late 80s to try and track down J because she was obsessed with him.......J met her when Dino Jr toured with Nirvana. He said shes a horrible person and thinks shes responsible for Kurts demise. Buzz Osbourne was Kurts good friend and he blames Courtney for Kurts demise as well. Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon spent plenty of time with Kurt. They both fucking despise Courtney. The proof is in the pudding

Trent has 0 women accusing him of abuse
    Manson has 999999999999999999999999999999999 women accusing him of abuse

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Trent has 0 women accusing him of abuse
    Manson has 999999999999999999999999999999999 women accusing him of abuse
    exactly. the facts speak for themselves.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Here’s her apology
    Attachment 622

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    ".... It was insensitive and it was wrong."
    Sorry, I'm angered by her bullshit. Am I alone?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Management and lawyer crew told her what to put up once she was back sober. Look at the text compared to #1and #2..

At this point I don't know what I'm more surprised by - this whole story or the fact that a lot of people here are eagerly ready to throw out one of their favorite bands so easily without any substantial proof.
    Remember that everyone claims everything on the internet these days.
    Reflection...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    without any substantial proof.
    For the record, there is often no such thing in this country as “substantial proof” of these kinds of accusations - even the ones that Manson’s accusers are bringing forth - decades later. Or even not too long after, really.

I’m not saying Love’s accusations are credible, but we should be careful about dismissing accusations of abuse or sexual assault without “substantial proof.”

Big example: From 2001 to 2010, the (Catholic) Holy See examined sex abuse cases involving about 3,000 priests, some of which dated back fifty years. There is no “substantial proof,” only victims’ accounts.

That being said, I really don’t believe there were any “12-yr-olds” backstage during the Self Destruct tour, unaccompanied or not, let alone ones being accosted by Reznor OR his staff. I followed the groupie boards for years, and the only reports on Reznor was that he was frequently with skinny goth chicks and strippers; there were a few who were maybe 18 back when he was recording TDS, but certainly not anyone who could be considered children. Iggy Pop was with younger chicks. The obvious question, for me, was how Love would know someone’s age.

Regarding her apology: She does need to be more responsible for her words. These men have children. Those innocent children don’t deserve the crap they will likely endure from this kind of shit she stirs up. It’s irresponsible and wrong.

I don’t give a fuck about Grohl or Reznor. But I do care about kids.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-15-2021 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I always thought if there had been something credible on TR it would have come out in the incredible 2009 hate fest when he got married. Metal Sludge had 3 threads started about him that went on for 100s of pages each. The Metal Sludge community talked of psycho NIN fans and how they were even worse than the Def Leppard community, ha! It also went on for several years but nothing like this even though they were specifically dredging up shit to hate him with. I mean if Metal Sludge staff say you’re a psycho you should probably have a little talk with yourself!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Regarding her apology: She does need to be more responsible for her words. These men have children. Those innocent children don’t deserve the crap they will likely endure from this kind of shit she stirs up. It’s irresponsible and wrong.

I don’t give a fuck about Grohl or Reznor. But I do care about kids.
    You don't give a fuck that someone who's known to have social anxiety, addiction issues and suicidal ideation is being associated with child abuse in the international press and social media sphere?

Really?
    Last edited by Vertigo; 06-15-2021 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    You don't give a fuck that someone who's known to have social anxiety, addiction issues and suicidal ideation is being associated with child abuse in the international press and social media sphere?

Really?
    Yeeeeeeah I REALLY don't think that's what Allegro was saying...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post

Really?
    No. He’s an adult. We know he’s a recovering addict, I don’t know about any of that other stuff. And he gets accused of crazy shit all the time, and it gets forgotten in a few days. This isn’t in the “international press” just because Courtney Love blathers it; and if it is, it will be forgotten by next week. He was ALREADY accused of helping Manson abuse women, and he had to issue a statement on THAT, and it was all largely forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Metal Sludge had 3 threads started about him that went on for 100s of pages each. The Metal Sludge community talked of psycho NIN fans and how they were even worse than the Def Leppard community, ha! It also went on for several years but nothing like this even though they were specifically dredging up shit to hate him with. I mean if Metal Sludge staff say you’re a psycho you should probably have a little talk with yourself!
    Exactly. If this were going to come out anywhere, it would have come out on Metal Sludge. I never saw it there. Did you?

Look, someone once took photos of his PRESCRIPTION RECORDS and posted them here on ETS at about 2 a.m., that’s how fucking crazy people are.

When he started dating Mariqueen, ”fans” were sending her racist hate messages.

Remember when people effectively ran Justine “Jugs” off the board and off MySpace etc. because of those photos with her and Reznor? (And they were just friends.) Cuckoo for coconuts. Reznor’s own cuckoo fans make Courtney Love look like Mother Theresa.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-15-2021 at 02:05 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    No. He’s an adult. We know he’s a recovering addict, I don’t know about any of that other stuff. And he gets accused of crazy shit all the time, and it gets forgotten in a few days. This isn’t in the “international press” just because Courtney Love blathers it; and if it is, it will be forgotten by next week. He was ALREADY accused of helping Manson abuse women, and he had to issue a statement on THAT, and it was all largely forgotten.

Exactly. If this were going to come out anywhere, it would have come out on Metal Sludge. I never saw it there. Did you?

Look, someone once took photos of his PRESCRIPTION RECORDS and posted them here on ETS at about 2 a.m., that’s how fucking crazy people are.

Remember when people effectively ran Justine “Jugs” off the board and off MySpace etc. because of those photos with her and Reznor? Cuckoo for coconuts. Reznor’s own cuckoo fans make Courtney Love look like Mother Theresa.
    No I didn’t, it would have given me pause for thought, this is the last one entitled NINs Got Some Crazy Bitches Part 3.Goes on for 302 pages, lots of fandom infighting, people saying Trents marriage was a PR stunt
    https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums...c.php?t=206047

i actually feel I’ve lost some IQ points skimming that!
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-15-2021 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sorry for double posting but I’ve been thinking about the fact that mentally unwell fanbases do give you pause when it comes to believing anyone’s story and it reminded me of Lexa Vonn who is clearly a bit unstable but she accused Manson in 2017 of assault that sounds eerily similar to what’s come out now but it was before ERWs testimony, I’m sure she was accused of being a bit nuts here
    https://floridanewstimes.com/lexa-vo...eldman/126750/

i have to admit I thought she was talking shit too because I thought he was an overweight loser who couldn’t perform on stage for more than 10 mins without being out of breath, so you’re like how can he terrorise people physically?

Maybe the reason he can't perform onstage is he spends all his time hurling axes at women so he's exhausted by show time
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-15-2021 at 02:47 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    For the record, there is often no such thing in this country as “substantial proof” of these kinds of accusations - even the ones that Manson’s accusers are bringing forth - decades later. Or even not too long after, really.
    I might have a different point of view here since I've seen the other side of that door and dealt with false accusations against myself, had to play the entire tedious lawyer game, had to defend myself and luckily was believed since people that fake controlled substance prescriptions don't make the most credible witnesses.
    If that didn't play out the way it did, then what?
    Now I can only imagine how much more destructive it gets when words like "child abuse" and "rape" are involved.

I'm not downplaying sexual assault and child abuse. It's just today's (internet?) culture that makes it so easy to go above and beyond with this. And I think in certain circles (celebrities?) it's even more common.

To compare the random internet rambling of some psycho bitch to the Catholic church scandal is taking this too far..That's a whole different level. These self-proclaimed saints are the biggest sinners.