Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: A thread about Courtney Love on ETS, oh boy

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    No I didn’t, it would have given me pause for thought, this is the last one entitled NINs Got Some Crazy Bitches Part 3.Goes on for 302 pages, lots of fandom infighting, people saying Trents marriage was a PR stunt
    https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums...c.php?t=206047

i actually feel I’ve lost some IQ points skimming that!
    Hey, it’s no secret that Trent Reznor’s fans are some of THE craziest wackos on the planet whose levels of obsession are unrivaled.

Remember Blaine? The author of wolf erotic novels who claimed that she and Reznor had been communicating after he read her books, and then she said he started somehow tracking her computer, and John Malm was in on it? And she was gonna go to the FBI?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Apparently one of the only ‘celebs’ to like the original post was Manson’s wife, it’s clear to me that Manson put her up to it just so he could bring others down with him. Fuck off Manson

Trent needs to apologise for inflicting Marilyn fucking Manson on the world IMO

Courtney Love needs to get off social media and make another fucking album if she wants relevance. Why is that so hard to do?
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-15-2021 at 03:58 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    No I didn’t, it would have given me pause for thought, this is the last one entitled NINs Got Some Crazy Bitches Part 3.Goes on for 302 pages, lots of fandom infighting, people saying Trents marriage was a PR stunt
    https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums...c.php?t=206047

i actually feel I’ve lost some IQ points skimming that!
    WTF did I just read? O.o
    These people need help...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reznovka View Post
    WTF did I just read? O.o
    This is a forum, Donna's Ho Board, where on the first page of threads there is discussion about Taime Downe of Faster Pussycat - these people are stuck in a time warp! Is being a groupie dying out now or is any discourse around it on instagram or wherever?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Here’s her apology
    Attachment 622
    She makes some pretty damning accusations and then does a 180 the next day. Very odd.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    She makes some pretty damning accusations and then does a 180 the next day. Very odd.
    Not for her, no. She likely had a manic episode. Or a depressed one. She types first, thinks later. She needs to reverse that process.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    WTF did I just read? O.o
    Metal Sludge is a message board for 50 year-old men who want to debate the best Cinderella album, Dokken vs. LA Guns, etc.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    there's another weird angle to this w/ Courtney Love... besides her being notoriously unstable and "terrifying" and prone to getting wasted by all reports... she shows up in that book, The Game by Neil Strauss (the same guy who co-wrote Manson and Motley Crue's auto-biographies).

In case anyone is unfamiliar with this book, it's about the author becoming involved in the Pick Up Artist (PUA) "community," which is basically a super sleazy group of pathetic incel dudes who trade tricks on how to brainwash women into having sex with them.

Anyway, it's been a long time since I read this really gross book, but for some reason, against all reports I've heard, he paints Courtney as this sweetheart who is fascinated with his crew of PUAs and loves hanging out with them. At the end of the book the author marries the bassist in Hole.

The point I'm meandering around is... I don't know... if ANY of that is true, Courtney Love seems to be someone who is delighted by fucked-up disgusting people, and not horribly offended by depraved behavior.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-15-2021 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I was away for 2 days and this happens and ends...good grief. I still stand by if someone does come out with a claim against TR i'll take it seriously, but to come out with such a heavy accusation and then within 24 hours revoke it just makes anyone with an actual claim less likely to come forward. People will just say "is this another CL story?" she's done nobody any favors...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Alrighty then, now that's all said and done with....

I'm surprised nothing has come out yet with the police investigations on Manson. Since all this started in January/early February?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    At the end of the book the author marries the bassist in Hole.
    Huh, Neil Strauss and Melissa Auf der Maur were married once? Or was it a different bassist? I never finished that book.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the ending of that book... like "and then I learned something, and fell in love with the bassist in Hole."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If any actual abuse happened, I would certainly like to know about it, but Courtney Love may be the only person in music with less credibility than Manson. The fact that she seemed to backtrack so quickly doesn't help. Like, if you know something, don't make vague accusations (25 or 30 years after the fact, no less) - be specific about what you were witness to.

She claimed that other members of Hole would back her up. If they corroborated her version of events, I'd certainly listen. But so far, they haven't. I know Trent was heavily into drugs and alcohol in the 90's, so I'm under no illusion that he was a saint. Still, substance abuse doesn't necessarily translate into pedophilia, which seems to be what she's suggesting here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ...there's no way someone at that level doesn't have a thundering "emergency!" notification before any of the people on a fan board hears about it....
    TR: "What do you think I keep you asshats around for?" /s

ETS may be one of the better sources for these sort of on-goings, who better? If some PR intern is tasked with doing it, I'd be surprised if NIN Spotting wasn't a regular resource for this sort of thing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Music media sites are finally changing their stories to reflect the "apology."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Remember Blaine? The author of wolf erotic novels who claimed that she and Reznor had been communicating after he read her books, and then she said he started somehow tracking her computer, and John Malm was in on it? And she was gonna go to the FBI?
    Dude, I was catfished before catfishing was even a sport. Let it go and move on. I certainly have.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The comments about Courtney on a lot of the instagram music posts are really nasty - I mean I found this annoying but wouldn't say the things being said on the loudwire one for example!

Of course it just dredges up the 'you killed Kurt' crowd and most of them are women IMO so its not as simple as 'what do you except from misogynist incel men' which is how people usually pass it off!
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-17-2021 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

I did find out another thing - Courtney was in Epstein's black book and actually circled as being a potential witness!

https://gawker.com/here-is-pedophile...e-b-1681383992
    Did you read the rest of the black book for who ELSE is in there?

Read the rest of the story in your link as to why those names are circled as potential material witnesses. The whole thing was a money-making scam, for which the culprit went to prison and has since died. The circles were made by HIM.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...affidavit.html
    Last edited by allegro; 06-16-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Read the rest of the story in your link as to why those names are circled as potential material witnesses. The whole thing was a money-making scam, for which the culprit went to prison and has since died. The circles were made by HIM.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...affidavit.html
    Yes he tried to sell it but I didn’t think that meant the info was erroneous, it’s still the black book isn’t it?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Not at all surprised to see Ghislaine Maxwell and most of the Trump family in there, but wasn't expecting Steve Gottlieb!! Haha!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Huh, Neil Strauss and Melissa Auf der Maur were married once? Or was it a different bassist? I never finished that book.
    maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the ending of that book... like "and then I learned something, and fell in love with the bassist in Hole."
    It was Lisa Leveridge, who was in a different Courtney Love band.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    He's been married once (wiki link)

I've started listening to his true crime podcasts and reconciling the Game guy with this iteration is kind messing with me but he's allowed to change for the better.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ..........Cortney was in Epstein's black book and actually circled as being a potential witness!.......
    ahhhh, the sweet smell of near-certain perjury....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQKwMGyD...dium=copy_link

And the next page found the old quotes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQKwMGyD...dium=copy_link

And the next page found the old quotes.
    Misogyny in music? I'm laughing hard at some of the memes they have up there. Ouch. No wonder a lot of people can't take feminism seriously anymore... If only it wasn't so sad.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    ahhhh, the sweet smell of near-certain perjury....
    She wasn’t pegged as a potential witness by any prosecution: it was by some guy trying to sell the black book for ransom, who was arrested and then put in prison.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Elie Weisel is in the black book. David Blaine is in the black book. Barbara Walters is in the black book. Simon LeBon is in the black book. Henry Kissinger is in the black book. David Koch is in the black book. Ethel Kennedy is in the black book. Mick Jagger is in the black book. Michael Jackson is in the black book. Tony Blair is in the black book. Conrad Black is in the black book. Alec Baldwin is in the black book.
    OK OK I'll prob delete my post

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    Misogyny in music? I'm laughing hard at some of the memes they have up there. Ouch. No wonder a lot of people can't take feminism seriously anymore... If only it wasn't so sad.
    Hey, the quote in there certainly looks bad given the context that we're looking at things through right now.

I mean, I think he's trying to say "don't make music for underage girls, we don't need to pander to them" in an angry way because he wanted to support Manson in making music that pushed the boundaries, but the quote is "Fuck underage chicks"..."I told Manson to just do it".

That really looks bad given what Manson's done.

But I have to question myself too, am I just looking at this through rose coloured glasses because I'm a fan, and I don't want it to be true? I don't know. I hope not, because if that quote was meant in the literal sense then that's pretty fucked.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Hey, the quote in there certainly looks bad given the context that we're looking at things through right now.

I mean, I think he's trying to say "don't make music for underage girls, we don't need to pander to them" in an angry way because he wanted to support Manson in making music that pushed the boundaries, but the quote is "Fuck underage chicks"..."I told Manson to just do it".

That really looks bad given what Manson's done.

But I have to question myself too, am I just looking at this through rose coloured glasses because I'm a fan, and I don't want it to be true? I don't know. I hope not, because if that quote was meant in the literal sense then that's pretty fucked.
    Somebody had put up a few posts of a discussion on instagram about it from people who were there but they've been taken down. I'm sure Leviathan was there and it was being transcribed on the hotline so maybe he can shed some light

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    He’s literally ranting about those girl acts that were dominating pop music at the time. It’s badly worded (given that it’s from late 1999, it’s within the realm of possibility that he wasn’t sober during this) but the context is obvious when reading the whole thing.

I swear, Facebook has destroyed reading comprehension over the last five years.