Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021.09.19 CANCELLED - Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Christ. TO go or not to go! Lots of travel to and from Milwaukee to Chicago to Milwaukee to Ohio back to Milwaukee. Hm

EDIT: So RTJ are playing Summerfest on the 17th (the Friday) so they're more likely to be playing Riot on Sat/Sun. Really hope SP is that Friday and NIN on Sunday.
    Last edited by Zimbo; 05-14-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Let’s fucking gooooooooooooo

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    jesus fuck. NIN headlining. Faith No More AND Mr Bungle also playing. 1st time ever Patton has played shows w both bands on the same bill after 30 years of keeping them far apart. Plus Dinor Jr.Literally my 4 favorite bands playing......Might have to make the trek to CHI.....

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Is there a chance for more passes to be on sale later? Looks like only VIP DELUXE is available at the moment. If not, that's okay...can do a single day at least for NIN.

Hope the stage isn't so HIIIIGGGHHH...urgh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I went in 2017 and if I had the means right now I would go again, this is a great festival.

Opt for the VIP if it includes a drink pass.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I’m in. See you all there!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    For some reason I feel like I remember seeing they were confirmed for Friday night. Is this true, or is this part of my thesis-writing-sleep-deprived hallucinations? Think we are going to go to RF and then head to Cleveland. Just trying to work out logistics.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    For some reason I feel like I remember seeing they were confirmed for Friday night. Is this true, or is this part of my thesis-writing-sleep-deprived hallucinations? Think we are going to go to RF and then head to Cleveland. Just trying to work out logistics.
    no confirmation I don’t think, but that’s the speculation (Reditt???). They’re also the “first” band on the poster if you’re reading it like a book, so that usually means the headliner for the first night.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    It was on nin’s website, you’re not crazy!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    It was on nin’s website, you’re not crazy!

Ah, yes! Thank you! I was searching literally everywhere else.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So what bands do we think could be added to the lineup this week (I'm guessing they'll announce the FULL day-specific lineup and single-day tickets tomorrow)? I'm sure it'll be mostly smaller bands being added at this point, but Rob Zombie and The Offspring are on tour and have openings, so maybe one of them will be added? Rob Zombie, Chevelle, and Avatar (who is playing at Louder Than Life) will be in the area, as they're all playing a really small music festival in Clarkston, MI called Riff Fest on Saturday, the 18th (but maybe that's close enough that they can only do one?). Judas Priest will also be in the area (playing in Ohio on Sept. 17 & in Milwaukee on Sept. 22, as well as playing Louder Than Life). Mastodon, Rise Against, Mudvayne, Disturbed, 3Teeth, and Stone Temple Pilots all appear to have openings around Riot Fest and are playing one of the other festivals, as well (I'd only be interested in Mastodon and 3Teeth out of those bands, personally). Red Fang seems like another possibility, as do Fitz and the Tantrums (who will be at Summerfest on the 16th), The Struts (who play Summerfest on the 17th), Everclear (Summerfest on Sept. 9), and even Filter (Summerfest on Sept. 11).
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-20-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Single-day lineups & additional bands will be announced tomorrow at 10am CDT. Single-day tickets go on sale at noon CDT.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Was really crossing my fingers for FNM and NIN on the same day but Sunday it is. Saturday’s line up is real good, though but I think driving to and from Chicago two days in a row would be hard plus my dumb neuropathy body.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    So happy that the NIN website was wrong and they are on Sunday! Having 3 empty days before Cleveland was gonna be annoying.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    For posterity:

Quote Originally Posted by Riot Fest
    SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19

NINE INCH NAILS, PIXIES, MACHINE GUN KELLY, DEVO, MR. BUNGLE, NEW FOUND GLORY, SIMPLE PLAN, THE GHOST INSIDE, THURSDAY, K.FLAY, KNUCKLE PUCK, HEALTH, THE BLED, MOTHER MOTHER, GWAR, 3OH!3, FEVER 333, ALEX G, WHITE LUNG, KENNYHOOPLA, BLEACHED, THE GORIES, FACS, RATBOYS, BLACKSTARKIDS, SKATING POLLY, PET SYMMETRY, MELKBELLY, GYMSHORTS, THE WEAK DAYS, AIRSTREAM FUTURES
    https://riotfest.org/2021/05/daily-lineups-2021/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    FACS are great, fyi. Saw them open for Explosions in the Sky a few years ago.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how fast the single-day tickets sell out? I'm trying to convince a friend to go with us on Sunday.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Does anyone know how fast the single-day tickets sell out? I'm trying to convince a friend to go with us on Sunday.
    Pretty quickly, I think. I wouldn't hesitate for long

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah I would definitely grab it now. You can always resell later.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Good luck guys... 1 minute to sale!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    haha..nooo! A queue!

Edit: Yes! Ticket secured.
    Last edited by m0reta; 05-21-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I made it! So happy!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'll see you at Riot Fest... And in Cleveland! I always wanted to follow the Pixes around, haha.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Success!
    (not I keep checking in panic to make sure I bought it for the correct day!!!)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Got my ticket!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Got my ticket, though the rest of the lineup for that day doesn't interest me tons and the price made me flinch a bit. Oh well. NIN!!!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 05-21-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ticket secured! After an internal debate I splurged and bought Deluxe VIP for Sunday. I thought about how many times I’ve flown to see NIN and this was cheaper than those trips.
    Last edited by thenorthwood; 06-12-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Successful, finally!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Holy shit, got a ticket right away at the $99 level (plus fees). No queue whatsoever.