Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2021.09.19 CANCELLED - Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    God damn it I'm a sucker. Splurged and got the Deluxe. See y'all there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    See you all there

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I did it!
    See you all in Chicago!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It looks like Sunday single day tickets are already entirely sold out at all pricing tiers.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    We will have two regular GA Sunday tickets if anyone missed out. He grabbed those and I grabbed VIP ones solely because I am a whiny princess and cannot stomach the thought of the festival Portapotties. ��

I believe they are Will Call and require ID, meaning you’d have to actually meet us there that day.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    God damn it I'm a sucker. Splurged and got the Deluxe. See y'all there.
    Same. I’m getting too old to fest and plus, I wanted to treat myself.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Have they continued with the side by side stages since 2017? I'd really like to catch Devo too and that kitty corner with a T-bone barrier made it pretty nice to catch almost every band at the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    We will have two regular GA Sunday tickets if anyone missed out. He grabbed those and I grabbed VIP ones solely because I am a whiny princess and cannot stomach the thought of the festival Portapotties. ��

I believe they are Will Call and require ID, meaning you’d have to actually meet us there that day.
    GA will be e-tickets, from what my confirmation email said.

I also hope that it'll be possible to see Devo in full, and still get a good spot for NIN.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Have they continued with the side by side stages since 2017? I'd really like to catch Devo too and that kitty corner with a T-bone barrier made it pretty nice to catch almost every band at the time.
    I haven't been back since 2017, but here's the 2019 map.
    https://riotfest.org/wp-content/uplo...19_web-1-1.png

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    This will be our third or fourth time at Riot Fest, we went for the first time a year or two before NIN headlined and loved every second of the weekend there. It's our favorite festival of all the different ones we've been to. RF is not at all as pretentious feeling as some of the others out there... If you haven't been before, highly recommend to go earlier in the day and check everything out, even down to the carnival rides and the Hellzapoppin Sideshows (if they're back, I don't know if they are going to be or not). Don't know how different it will be now after COVID and such, but I imagine it'll still be a great time.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've had 3-day VIP passes since last August (was tempted to buy Deluxe, but I bought them LONG before I knew NIN would be there). Happy to see pretty much everyone here who wanted to go was able to get tickets. I'll see you fellow pigs in the pit!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Was somehow able to score Deluxe tickets before Sunday sold out. Guess I'm gonna be getting back to Chi-town!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Does anyone have an extra pair of 3-day passes (GA or VIP tickets) they're looking to sell? I have a couple of friends who are interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Took a right old punt on this. Got two tickets for Sunday but I'm hoping Covid restrictions are relaxed before then as I'm coming over from England.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone have an extra ticket to this show ? Looking to make a trip to Chicago from San Diego to see them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Do you still have these tickets? I'm in need of one if so

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by case View Post
    Do you still have these tickets? I'm in need of one if so
    Sorry, all of our spare tickets are already sold!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry, all of our spare tickets are already sold!
    Bummer! If you know of anyone who has extra please reach out here or PM

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone know if the main stage lineup has been announced, or when that usually comes out? Then I can mentally prepare myself for hanging out in a pit for an entire day, something I haven't done since 2014 (for QotSA at Sasquatch Festival, and well worth it).

I'm officially too old to really enjoy festivals anymore, but I must say that my one Riot Fest experience I've had was maybe the best of all the festivals I've been to.

I don't actually have a ticket to this yet, but hoping to snag one for a not-too-outrageous between now and September.

Also, hoping some HEALTH+NIN live debut action happens onstage!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Anyone know if the main stage lineup has been announced, or when that usually comes out? Then I can mentally prepare myself for hanging out in a pit for an entire day, something I haven't done since 2014 (for QotSA at Sasquatch Festival, and well worth it).

I'm officially too old to really enjoy festivals anymore, but I must say that my one Riot Fest experience I've had was maybe the best of all the festivals I've been to.

I don't actually have a ticket to this yet, but hoping to snag one for a not-too-outrageous between now and September.

Also, hoping some HEALTH+NIN live debut action happens onstage!
    In 2017 they announced stage line ups the same time single day passes went on sale.

Also, don't get your hopes up about a NIN crossover with another band. In 17 Saul Williams, Ministry and New Order all played the same day as NIN and we got absolutely nothing. (Except for the debut of The Background World, that was rad.)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Also, don't get your hopes up about a NIN crossover with another band. In 17 Saul Williams, Ministry and New Order all played the same day as NIN and we got absolutely nothing. (Except for the debut of The Background World, that was rad.)
    See also: NIN+QOTSA 2014 tour. No collaborations despite so many studio crossovers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    In 17 Saul Williams, Ministry and New Order all played the same day as NIN and we got absolutely nothing. (Except for the debut of The Background World, that was rad.)
    Yeah, good point. I guess I am more optimistic about it given that their collab with HEALTH was so recent. In my brain, here is what happened:

TR: * opens phone and scrolls to H section in contacts *
    TR: Hey guys, saw you are playing in Chicago in a few months. Remember that song we just worked on? What do you think about playing that together at the start of our encore? And then you can help us jump into [fill in the blank with some other NIN crowdpleaser]?
    H: * all nod heads *

Ah well, a guy can dream. TBH, at this point, it's been long enough seeing NIN that even if the festival shows end up being greatest hits + 1 or 2 deep cuts (even medium deep) I would still sleep happy for about a year straight.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think the odds are more in our favor this time around since "Isn't Everyone" is the closest thing to a NIN single we've had since 2018. You could argue that it's in their best interests to play that song.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    For anyone posting about needing tickets, as of this morning the second batch of single days are still available (I ordered one for a friend in the last half hour). @case I know you were looking, hope this helps!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    For anyone posting about needing tickets, as of this morning the second batch of single days are still available (I ordered one for a friend in the last half hour). @case I know you were looking, hope this helps!
    ^^^ this amazing human got me a sunday ticket because i'm hosting them while they're in town and i can't even begin to describe how eternally grateful i am

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    Darn, I wasn't paying close enough attention last week and missed out :\ Oh well, if anyone ends up happening to have an extra at some point, I'm interested!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Likely will not happen, but how cool would it be if there's a surprise aftershow in Chicago on Monday 9/20, similar to how Panorama NYC got one in 2017.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone else considered the possibility that we'll see a one-off, expanded version of the band for these shows? Like, given that the shows sort of commemorate the HOF induction, we could possibly see Lohner and Vrenna join the band for at least part of the set?

I donno.

Either way, I'm really hoping to go to this. Got two Sunday tickets back when they went on sale, knowing it's a gamble (I'm in Canada, and borders are still closed I think? Also, no way in hell I can do a two-week quarantine when I get back... I'm reading crazy shit here about the Delta variant too. Fuck.)

I mention it because you guys'll be the first to know (closer to the date) if it looks like it's impossible for us Canadians to join you. I wouldn't want you to get your hopes up or anything, but feel free to PM in advance if anyone's looking for POSSIBLE tickets to this.

If I can go though, I'm going goddammit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Squishy View Post
    Has anyone else considered the possibility that we'll see a one-off, expanded version of the band for these shows? Like, given that the shows sort of commemorate the HOF induction, we could possibly see Lohner and Vrenna join the band for at least part of the set?
    That's what I'm hoping for! (I mentioned it in the general C&B&I tour thread here) I'm hoping that Danny and Chris can join the band for a few songs, maybe their favorites that they mentioned on the R+RHOF conversation (Vrenna = Happiness in Slavery, Lohner = Mr Self Destruct or Wish). This seems much less likely, but Devo is playing at Riot Fest, so it would also be cool if Josh Freese made a guest appearance during NIN's set that night. Devo has a show in NYC on the 21st, so the Cleveland shows probably aren't an option for him. I can't wait to see what they've got in store for us...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Darn, I wasn't paying close enough attention last week and missed out :\ Oh well, if anyone ends up happening to have an extra at some point, I'm interested!
    Hi pwing47, I sent you a pm.