Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: The Transgender Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    thirst trap warning

i trimmed pretty much all my body hair and then shaved the front half of my upper body for the first time ever and i'm feeling really good. now if my boobs would just grow faster i'd be all set

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Your boobs look GREAT!!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I was not expecting to get flashed when I came in here, but I was pleasantly surprised! I agree with allegro, your boobs look GREAT!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Flashing Friday! Boobs look good!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Your boobs look GREAT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I was not expecting to get flashed when I came in here, but I was pleasantly surprised! I agree with allegro, your boobs look GREAT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Flashing Friday! Boobs look good!
    thanks, y'all! i can't tell you how confident i'm feeling today. i felt FLIRTY for the first time in forever (which is like, my default state, so i've really missed it).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

bought some purple lipstick the other day. first time i've worn lipstick in 17 years. i felt so fucking cute.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i want to see how difficult it's going to be to try to get breast implants before i'm no longer on sarah's insurance. pretty sure we've already met our deductible, i've been on hormones for almost a year, and i definitely don't want to have to pay full price (anywhere from $6k to $10k, apparently).

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i want to see how difficult it's going to be to try to get breast implants before i'm no longer on sarah's insurance. pretty sure we've already met our deductible, i've been on hormones for almost a year, and i definitely don't want to have to pay full price (anywhere from $6k to $10k, apparently).
    I'm in a similar situation. My insurance covers both facial feminization surgery and breast augmentation, and I am hoping to get both done at the same time, that way I will only pay the deductible once, so the boobs will basically be free.

I am also in somewhat of a time crunch because I hate my job and I want out of here really, really badly but have to keep it at least long enough to get these surgeries done. Ugh. I wish this wasn't so difficult. Though I am super fortunate that those are both covered (especially FFS, which almost NO ONE covers)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    have a consult scheduled for july 26th! wish i didn't have to wait almost 4 months but hey, :: insert ron paul it's happening gif ::

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i figured out i can make my boobs look amazing if i do this so i’ll just be doing this until i get my implants

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

can't get over how amazing Parade stuff is. this bralette is SO COMFY and i now own 10(?) pairs of their underwear.
    i want them to pay me to wear/review/advertise for them haha (seriously, though, if you're gonna get anything, use my discount code: mae-2a)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

hi, just a reminder that i'm super hot now (งツ)ว

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i yelled at the kid and told his mom what he said and she just looked at me like "huh?"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just wanted to pop back in and say that my name is officially, legally Mae Shults

i literally cannot stop crying right now, i am so happy

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    just wanted to pop back in and say that my name is officially, legally Mae Shults

i literally cannot stop crying right now, i am so happy
    Congratulations, Mae! <3

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

uh, not work safe to google her name, fyi.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Just a quick note: this is not a humble brag - this is my way of navigating how to be an ally, and I’m just sharing.

I was checking out of my hotel, and the desk clerk was a female presenting person - it was my educated guess, as I’ve had quite a few trans friends (one back in 2008 when it seemed less prevalent). Forgive my terminology, still working on getting that right. I asked for a printed receipt for work, and twice she walked away with a flirtatious “I’ll be right back darling.”
    After a second failed attempt, I called after her and said, “Miss, it’s ok, email will do. I can print it out at work.”
    The moment I called her miss her smile just beamed. She checked one more time and it had printed. She handed it to me with the cutest smile right down to genuine nose wrinkles.
    It was something that made me feel good for the next hour, until I had to navigate the airport.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Just a quick note: this is not a humble brag - this is my way of navigating how to be an ally, and I’m just sharing.

I was checking out of my hotel, and the desk clerk was a female presenting person - it was my educated guess, as I’ve had quite a few trans friends (one back in 2008 when it seemed less prevalent). Forgive my terminology, still working on getting that right. I asked for a printed receipt for work, and twice she walked away with a flirtatious “I’ll be right back darling.”
    After a second failed attempt, I called after her and said, “Miss, it’s ok, email will do. I can print it out at work.”
    The moment I called her miss her smile just beamed. She checked one more time and it had printed. She handed it to me with the cutest smile right down to genuine nose wrinkles.
    It was something that made me feel good for the next hour, until I had to navigate the airport.
    being gendered the way we want is SO fulfilling and affirming. <3

unrelated - guess who's getting her tits at the beginning of the summer!?!?!?!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Amy Schneider, an Engineering Manager, has been on Jeopardy! for 24 days and has won $897,600 as of this episode.

She’s kicking ass!!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Amy Schneider, an Engineering Manager, has been on Jeopardy! for 24 days and has won $897,600 as of this episode.

She’s kicking ass!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, that’s horrible! I’m glad she’s okay!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    hey, all.

i have my orchiectomy on friday and just found out that my out of pocket cost is $6300 (at least).

if any of y'all want to help me out, please go buy some of my music on bandcamp, or at least help me spread the word.

this...sucks.

http://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Leaving the state is a felony? I'm pretty sure this one's going to be struck down posthaste but come on!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Hi All. This is my first time posting in this thread. I am not exactly sure if I am seeking advice or support or what really. I guess I am open to anything, feel free to PM or reply here with your thoughts. I appreciate you all in advance.

My older child who was born a girl over this past school year has begun to express that they do not identify as a girl. They are about to turn 10 and in 4th grade. I think last school year there were some thoughts that they were having about this but this year seems to really be solidifying everything. They have let my wife know that they are nonbinary and that they are going to be going by the pronouns of they/them. They also told my wife that they don't identify as a boy either. My wife told me that they are not gender fluid and that she is pretty sure that they are attracted to girls and not boys, which they have expressed for quite a while now so that is not really anything new. They have not had the conversation with me about any of this yet though. I am going to bring it up today when I pick them up from school so that they know I am here and supportive of their decision.

Kids fucking suck, at least they did when I was a kid. I feel like the school system where we live is very open with these types of topics which is great. I am sure that some of the kids are accepting towards another classmate coming out as gay, or transgender or whatever but I am concerned that this is the minority and not the majority. I obviously have no way to quantify this so it is speculation. I worry that they are going to be shit on by other kids and given a hard time. My wife was telling me that LGBTQ youth have a higher rate of suicide than heterosexual youth. I don't know if I am in my own head about this or what but they have been an emotional child their whole life. I am very worried that no matter the support that we give them that the eventuality is that they will take their own life. I actually think that this is my biggest fear with all of this. I am also concerned about kids, adults, hell just other people being assholes and rude to them in general about how they identify. The friends that they have all seem supportive of their identity but they only have 4 friends and that's it. Myself and my wife are supportive of both our children regardless of what they are doing (of course unless it hurts them or someone else). The school system seems to be very supportive as well.

Anything that any of you could share with me on your own personal experiences I think would be helpful for me. Thanks for reading.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Hi All. This is my first time posting in this thread. I am not exactly sure if I am seeking advice or support or what really. I guess I am open to anything, feel free to PM or reply here with your thoughts. I appreciate you all in advance.

My older child who was born a girl over this past school year has begun to express that they do not identify as a girl. They are about to turn 10 and in 4th grade. I think last school year there were some thoughts that they were having about this but this year seems to really be solidifying everything. They have let my wife know that they are nonbinary and that they are going to be going by the pronouns of they/them. They also told my wife that they don't identify as a boy either. My wife told me that they are not gender fluid and that she is pretty sure that they are attracted to girls and not boys, which they have expressed for quite a while now so that is not really anything new. They have not had the conversation with me about any of this yet though. I am going to bring it up today when I pick them up from school so that they know I am here and supportive of their decision.

Kids fucking suck, at least they did when I was a kid. I feel like the school system where we live is very open with these types of topics which is great. I am sure that some of the kids are accepting towards another classmate coming out as gay, or transgender or whatever but I am concerned that this is the minority and not the majority. I obviously have no way to quantify this so it is speculation. I worry that they are going to be shit on by other kids and given a hard time. My wife was telling me that LGBTQ youth have a higher rate of suicide than heterosexual youth. I don't know if I am in my own head about this or what but they have been an emotional child their whole life. I am very worried that no matter the support that we give them that the eventuality is that they will take their own life. I actually think that this is my biggest fear with all of this. I am also concerned about kids, adults, hell just other people being assholes and rude to them in general about how they identify. The friends that they have all seem supportive of their identity but they only have 4 friends and that's it. Myself and my wife are supportive of both our children regardless of what they are doing (of course unless it hurts them or someone else). The school system seems to be very supportive as well.

Anything that any of you could share with me on your own personal experiences I think would be helpful for me. Thanks for reading.
    Nothing helpful to share but based on your approach to this, it seems your child is lucky to have someone thoughtful and accepting as a parent. Wishing you and your family all the best!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    My son is having some body issues lately but not nearly at that level. For the most part everyone is just taking it at face value and not questioning it and that's all I can really ask of them. My MIL took him to get his nails done, he's bought himself stockings and nail polish - prior to the pros getting a whack - and honestly it's all going...well? During the school trip I found out that one of the basses (or tenors, unsure) was dressing as a girl and no one in the group cares. they are protective of each other and I think that's great.

All I think I can really add is that you sound like you're doing what you can and honestly that's the best thing you can do.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Air Force offers to move military families impacted by state anti-LGBTQ laws

way to go, Chair Force.
    In a surprising response to a wave of anti-LGBTQ legislation across the country, the U.S. Air Force is offering medical and legal help to military families personally impacted by state laws against gay and transgender children. The military service is also offering to help service members leave those states if needed.

Air Force leaders announced in a March press release that there are medical, legal and other resources available to help support members and their families in these times. So far, it's the only U.S. military branch to do this.

"The health, care and resilience of our [Air Force] personnel and their families is not just our top priority – it’s essential to our ability to accomplish the mission,” Under Secretary of the Air Force Gina Ortiz Jones said in the release. “We are closely tracking state laws and legislation to ensure we prepare for and mitigate effects to our Airmen, Guardians and their families."

In the release, Air Force leaders recommended families needing help with screening, treatment or mental health support, first consult with Air Force medical treatment facilities. They also said military legal personnel could help provide free counsel to families that need help understanding legal protections.

Air Force leadership also told members they could rely on the Exception Family Member Program if they need to be relocated to a different state. “As is the case with all of our family members, if the support a family member needs becomes unavailable, commanders can work to get the service member to an assignment where their loved ones can receive the care they need,” Jones said.

The Air Force's announcement follows a push from Republicans across the country targeting LGBTQ youth ahead of this year's mid-term elections. In February, Gov. Greg Abbott directed the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services to investigate certain gender-affirming medical care for transgender youth as child abuse.

In Florida, which hosts the largest Air Force base in the world, Gov. Ron DeSantis recently signed the controversial "Don't Say Gay" bill, which restricts instruction about sexual orientation and gender identity in early grades. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick has expressed interest in adopting a similar bill in the Lone Star State.

“These discriminatory policies, bills and laws are causing real harm and distress to LGBTQ+ families,” Human Rights Campaign spokesperson Delphine Luneau told the Huffington Post. “Like any good employer, the Air Force is taking steps to support their service members and their families.”