Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Transgender Thread

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    really happy for people in this thread that have pulled through in their journey

It's hard. It's really, really hard sometimes. BUT it's manageable. It really is. Even when things were at their worst I just plowed ahead. Because I had to. And you know what? it is SO worth it. So, so worth it. You'll get there. You'll see.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hello, everyone,
    I just wanted to introduce myself a bit. I am not trans. My 26 year old daughter is and I am proud to say that she has started hormones and (finally. I've been worried about her moods having to live on the outside as a male) starting to have real energy and interest in her voice when we talk on the phone. I just wanted to let you all know I'm reading through and hope I can ask some questions now and again to best be supportive of her. <3

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dedevoce View Post
    Hello, everyone,
    I just wanted to introduce myself a bit. I am not trans. My 26 year old daughter is and I am proud to say that she has started hormones and (finally. I've been worried about her moods having to live on the outside as a male) starting to have real energy and interest in her voice when we talk on the phone. I just wanted to let you all know I'm reading through and hope I can ask some questions now and again to best be supportive of her. <3
    Just an ally myself, so I won't be able to offer any advice - but I just wanted to say thank you for being a loving and supportive parent. Regardless of whether your daughter ever had any reason to think she would be accepted or not, I would imagine she takes great comfort and relief in knowing that she's got someone like you in her life. I wish all trans people could be so fortunate.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    New Illinois law to go into effect in January of 2019:

SB 00574 / Bush, M / Cassidy, K / "Waives the notice requirement for someone changing their name if the individual is changing their name in conjunction with treatment for a intersexed condition or for the purpose of gender transition." / Civil Law

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I never really posted about how it started with me. Anyway, I remember it being as early as say, ages 5 to 6 when it first started with me, as I already got curious and interested over high heels, dresses, skirts, nail polish and lipstick. I sometimes forget though, but that was way before it even also became a fetish for me. Lingerie, especially with fabrics such as nylon, silk and satin are among my favorites.

Dressing up has really been a part of me for that long. I still have a hard time explaining it even to just myself, but it all certainly feels just as good as it looks and reminds me that it was a part of my identity for that long. I haven't gotten around dressing up in full attire though, but this is one of the reasons as to why I kept growing my hair out.

Anyway, thank you all for your understanding and acceptance regarding this matter. I have also come out to a few people I knew in real life and the reception was very positive, and they did their best to support me and reassure me, as it hurts to constantly sometimes have to keep this under wraps for so long, since sometimes just being heard is even more than enough to help me get on with my life, especially with this particular topic of discussion.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-02-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    We are here if you ever need support. <3

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @theruiner - Thank you very much. I still appreciate it even if I haven't spoken so much about here, especially after a lifetime of basically being told as to who and what I should never be regarding my gender identity/expression and sexual orientation, and at worst having people harboring ill-will on top of animosity, contempt and repulsion to those for merely having those differences. I know what I went through is nothing compared to some of the experiences mentioned here, but I can definitely feel the pain as well. That's why it helps to get support and overall understanding and acceptance regarding this matter from wherever I can. Even then as a little kid on my own without any external influences, I felt like and even thought of myself as one of the girls, and just wanted to wear what they wore.

As for colors I seem to favor when dressing up and applying makeup, I noticed I tend to prefer lots of purple and pink, as well as red and black depending on my mood. I've also tried various pumps as well as far as heels went. I still need to work on balancing myself, but have been able to walk at a regular pace in heels for quite some time. I've also always loved the way lipstick and lip gloss felt and smelled as well.

And well. Thanks again ETS, especially for being one of the outlets where I don't have to forcefully conceal/suppress this part of myself from. Sometimes just being heard and accepted makes a world a difference, as I'm sure you've already known.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-12-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I have no medical updates. BUT! I’ve thoroughly moved past my deadname outside of legal/familial settings etc. and in the past month some random friends of mine who I’d never told I was trans to started calling me “her” and “she” and just, wow. It broke me in a beautiful way. I felt so accepted and supported and recognized and loved and it’s hard for me to accept that a large group of anyone really loves and accepts and supports me but then I remember how my NIN crowd makes me feel and I remember that it’s not so crazy after all. My friends through this band aren’t limited to on here but this place was the starting point for me and the amount of acceptance and encouragement I’ve felt due to it have gone so far for me inside and have paved the way to this weird life of mine.

When I started here I was closeted and miserable and alone and now I am more open than ever and in college and opened up and trying and connected to so many wonderful people. I won’t say “it gets better” but it can, and we do, for sure. We get better at accepting ourselves and that defines what comes next the most. I see myself as a girl more than ever before and anything else sounds silly and absurd and inappropriate and that is way further ahead than I was not that long ago. I know that I am me no matter who that is, but who that is most certainly is not a man, and I’m more okay with that now than ever. Sometimes it takes realizing who you’re not to narrow down who you are and that can be vital. Thank you everyone here who helped me get to here. You are many and you know who you are.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    God, you nailed it. The thought of being a guy is so incredibly foreign to me now, even though I tried to be one most of my life. I know now I never was one and the thought of ever going back is so completely out of the question. I feel the same way about living as a man as I imagine most cis people feel about living as the opposite sex- my brain just can't even compute it. And I love that. It took 35 years to get to this point but I'm finally here. I know who I am now, all the way to the core of my being and it is such a good feeling.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    https://techraptor.net/content/strea...-trans-charity

Most of this is Greek to me, but apparently some guy played video games for a while or something and raised $340,000 for a UK trans charity in the process.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

this is the most beautiful meme i've ever seen <3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The best version of that meme I saw was "being overly excited about hearing their name" dogs & trans people

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Illinois: Medicaid to now provide coverage for gender affirming surgeries

The new policy will include Medicaid members in HealthChoice Illinois, the state’s managed care program, as well as those receiving their care through traditional fee-for-service. Under the proposed coverage rules, Medicaid members age 21 and older who are diagnosed with gender dysphoria will now be eligible for genital and breast-related surgeries.

In studying other state policies, the HFS said gender affirming surgery is cost-effective and can help prevent negative health impacts, including depression and suicide.

The HFS said 17 states and Washington, D.C. also offer these services and have not reported significant cost increases. The most recent data available shows that 1,400 of the state's 3.1 million Medicaid members are diagnosed with gender dysphoria, and last year around 2,500 prescriptions for hormone therapy were covered.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is one of the funniest, most brilliant Twitter threads I’ve ever seen:

The comments in the thread are priceless.

Including this cartoon:

Last edited by allegro; 06-04-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    This is one of the funniest, most brilliant Twitter threads I’ve ever seen:

The comments in the thread are priceless.

i am dying

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Attachment 495

^ Heh, Looks like he’s been sent to Ban Town.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-06-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    NY banned "panic defenses" in murder trials.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/19/nyregion/gay-panic-ny.html

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    NY banned "panic defenses" in murder trials.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/19/nyregion/gay-panic-ny.html
    about fucking time

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hello, again, everyone! My roommate has begun her transition now and so in honor of her announcement I have gone back through all of my old posts from before she told me and corrected the pronouns.

Also as an update, my daughter has moved back to Louisiana and is doing well. Love you guys, and again glad to see a community to talk to here <3 <3

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

officially using they/them pronouns!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Well, this is fucking terrifying.

https://news.yahoo.com/us-supreme-co...134534353.html

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    bought myself a pair of "womens" yoga pants at target on wednesday. i've technically been buying stuff from the womens section (sporadically) since i was like 14, but this week was the first time i didn't feel out of place. i wasn't worried about someone confronting me or calling me out. and i didn't even get anxious when i brought my stuff to the fitting room. it was so liberating.

also, they're the comfiest things i've ever worn on my legs. oh my god. i wore them today to my last IOP day (and we did yoga!) and it was amazing.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    It's such a great feeling, isn't it? That is a big milestone.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    wow, a lot has happened since the last time i was here (just internally, regarding this subject). once quarantine is over, i'm going to get on track to start taking hormones. i am so excited and so nervous.

tonight, i bought myself a dress. https://us.killstar.com/collections/...r-hood-dress-b
    i haven't worn a dress in 16(?) years. whenever i would wear dresses in high school, i borrowed them from friends. this will be the first dress that's MINE and i can't wait.
    also, it was so frustrating because i kept finding things i loved on a bunch of different sites and every time i did, it would be out in XL. blargh! so i'm glad i found this one.

now i need to decide if i want to get a bra and falsies, or a pre-stuffed bra, or another option, before i start taking hormones...

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm so late on this, I just saw this!! Aaaaggghhhh!! I am so, so, so happy for you! As a friend who has watched your journey it makes me so incredibly happy to know that you're taking steps to finally be yourself. You are awesome and this is awesome and I am now filled with happy feelings.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i have a tele-appointment for wednesday afternoon to talk to someone about starting hormones!!! ������ nervous but excited!

also, one of the dresses i ordered came, and it's maybe the comfiest item of clothing i've ever worn. i love it. now i just need to get a bra and some "chicken cutlets" hehehe

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i have a tele-appointment for wednesday afternoon to talk to someone about starting hormones!!! ������ nervous but excited!

also, one of the dresses i ordered came, and it's maybe the comfiest item of clothing i've ever worn. i love it. now i just need to get a bra and some "chicken cutlets" hehehe
    my other dress came! it's goth as fuuuuuck and i love it. also ordered a sports bra type thing (the tank bra from everlane). kind of wishing i had gotten a couple dresses that are light-weight and not long-sleeve since it's so hot here all of a sudden :/

i have my tele-appointment in an hour. my tummy hurts from applying for a job this morning and i'm hoping that subsides so i'm not as anxious.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my other dress came! it's goth as fuuuuuck and i love it.
    Please tell me where you’re getting these comfy goth as fuck dresses.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Please tell me where you’re getting these comfy goth as fuck dresses.
    https://us.killstar.com/
    most of the stuff on here is super goth

https://www.dresslily.com/gothic-dresses-c-714.html
    dresslily has a whole specific goth section, which is what i linked

i'll post pictures once i manage to take some good ones haha

also, my appointment went super well, and then i went into the clinic (was weird being anywhere in public besides a grocery store for the first time since march 17th) to get blood drawn and get my prescription!!! i start estrogen and t-blockers tomorrow (in pill form). i am just...i'm so glad i finally took this plunge. i wish i had done it 20 years ago when i first started feeling this way, but better late than never, right?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

well i picked a great fucking time to start HRT.

this is devastating.