Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 679

Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

  1. #571
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    within view of The Rockies
    Posts
    2,371
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    TICKET IS TAKEN Speaking of tickets (sorry for the double post) but if anyone is in need of a ticket for Tuesday I do have one Robin-side balcony ticket available that I'd be more than happy to sell -at cost- to anyone who got priced out of going by scalpers. Never looking to make a profit, looking to help a fan out.

    Sec SEC6, Row H, Seat 16 $127.60
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 07-09-2021 at 08:12 PM.

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    less than two hours until Hellfest single day tix go on sale!

    https://tickets-1day.hellfest.fr/index_en.html

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,921
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This queue is insane. I don't have much hope but fingers crossed.

  4. #574
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    An hour and twenty minutes and I got my ticket for Friday!! Fuckin SKINNY PUPPY

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,921
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    An hour and twenty minutes and I got my ticket for Friday!! Fuckin SKINNY PUPPY
    Exact same time length I was waiting for! Might see you there!

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A place both wonderful and strange
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    They just sold out. I was about 21 thousand something in line.

  7. #577
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    They just sold out. I was about 21 thousand something in line.
    Damn, how many tickets do they usually have available for this thing?

    Also, mods, can we get a thread in the upcoming shows sub section so we can discuss the hype plz?

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,921
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Damn, how many tickets do they usually have available for this thing?

    Also, mods, can we get a thread in the upcoming shows sub section so we can discuss the hype plz?
    Heard that it’s a 25k max per day. Also, mods, where’s the thread?

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    thread created for hellfest here:
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...065#post539065

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody else freaking out over the possibility of the fall dates being cancelled/postponed? It's predicted that the peak of the Delta spread will be in September.

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

    NIN Live Performance 2021: Now I'm Waving Goodbye to COVID Infinitely. With Teeth|JA

    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Anybody else freaking out over the possibility of the fall dates being cancelled/postponed? It's predicted that the peak of the Delta spread will be in September.
    to me it felt like a possibility from the get go. stupid pandemic fucking everything up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    I'm not freaking out, but certainly would be resigned if they get postponed/cancelled. That said, I have full faith NIN will come back hard in 2022 if things are unsafe this fall.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    If there is another round of cancellations, that's it I'm done taping and going to shows. I had a good run.

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    If there is another round of cancellations, that's it I'm done taping and going to shows. I had a good run.
    dont think that, things will get better in time

  15. #585
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    dont think that, things will get better in time
    I hope so, sorry this is just so frustrating and helplessness. Thanks.

  16. #586
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I hope so, sorry this is just so frustrating and helplessness. Thanks.
    I know what you mean, I’ve got 2 shows lined up in October /November, Blancmange and Clannad, no idea if they’ll go ahead. Also next June is Rammstein a stadium gig, no idea if we’ll be ready for that by then even. It’s the not knowing that’s most frustrating

  17. #587
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I know what you mean, I’ve got 2 shows lined up in October /November, Blancmange and Clannad, no idea if they’ll go ahead. Also next June is Rammstein a stadium gig, no idea if we’ll be ready for that by then even. It’s the not knowing that’s most frustrating
    I actually managed to get a ticket for Hellfest next year and I also have two (Chicago and Minneapolis) Rammstein shows scheduled.

    If i don't get to see skinny puppy, well, I'll be sad

  18. #588
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    within view of The Rockies
    Posts
    2,371
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I was always worried, with how quickly everyone "just wanted to get back to normal!" as soon as vaccinations started, that the shows would get bumped (again). If that happens, I understand completely and will be ready whenever they can have shows again. To say it'd suck is the understatement of the year, looking forward to these shows has helped me get through all this shit. Been staying masked in public even with my shots, and will continue to until I'm at the show.

  19. #589
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    No
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Anybody else freaking out over the possibility of the fall dates being cancelled/postponed? It's predicted that the peak of the Delta spread will be in September.
    That's a really odd question.

    Who the fuck cares about concerts being cancelled? PEOPLE ARE FUCKING DYING.

    I called it when the shows were announced, and was "freaking out" over the possibility of the fall dates actually happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Mirror View Post
    05-10-2021

    I'm not willing to risk my death or the death of others, but best of luck to the rest of you, and I hope September will turn out to be as healthy as you optimistically think it will be.

    I'm already fully vaxxed, but until this pandemic is *over*, I'm not coming out of my bunker - even for NIN.
    How many times do numbers need to trend downwards and everyone start celebrating "Missions Accomplished" too soon before you see the pattern?

    ANYONE taking off their mask or pretending things are back to normal before there are 0 cases for 2 weeks is a fucking selfish cunt who doesn't care if people die.

    Trent included.

    The shows should never have been planned, and none of you should have bought tickets.

    I work in a hospital.
    Vaccinated people have always been getting sick.
    Vaccinated people have always been both symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers.
    For months, people have been coming in, and dying, with "unknown respiratory conditions" and NOT being tested for COVID.

    Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.

    Get your fucking heads out of your asses.
    Wait, no, stick your fucking head up your ass and stop breathing on people.

  20. #590
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,195
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Mirror View Post
    I work in a hospital.
    Same, but it doesn't entitle you to be a total dick about all of this. I think there was a lot of positive data coming out initially and at the time, no mutation (feels alright).

    I guarantee there is an ongoing assessment for all the headlining shows and festival dates.

  21. #591
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Mirror View Post
    ANYONE taking off their mask or pretending things are back to normal before there are 0 cases for 2 weeks is a fucking selfish cunt who doesn't care if people die.

    Trent included.

    The shows should never have been planned, and none of you should have bought tickets.
    Well I guess that means all us selfish cunt ticket buyers who don't care if people die are just getting what we deserve if/when these shows are cancelled! How foolish of us to have expected a vaccine to make any difference, when the only sensible course of action was to remain vaccinated in total lockdown until there were zero cases and vaccines distributed for each subsequent COVID variant. With a little patience we could have been opened up by 2025!

    I didn't and don't begrudge anyone for being continually cautious with masks and continuing to use them but honestly the amount of "CALLED IT, I WAS RIGHT, I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD STILL WEAR MASKS" takes I have seen recently from people who have remained masked is rather nauseating. It doesn't indicate compassionate concern, it betrays a need to assign oneself superiority to others who had the gall to be optimistic and think the vaccine actually, you know, meant something.

  22. #592
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Mirror View Post
    That's a really odd question.

    Who the fuck cares about concerts being cancelled? PEOPLE ARE FUCKING DYING.

    I called it when the shows were announced, and was "freaking out" over the possibility of the fall dates actually happening.
    What, we're not allowed to freak out over both the continued risk of covid as well as the NIN shows not happening?

  23. #593
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Riot Fest updated their covid policy. Full vaccination or Negative test required.

    https://riotfest.org/chicago/faq/#health-safety

  24. #594
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    within view of The Rockies
    Posts
    2,371
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Mirror View Post
    Who the fuck cares about concerts being cancelled? PEOPLE ARE FUCKING DYING.
    While I share your understanding of the weight of the situation (the insignificance of entertainment vs the dangers of covid) I just wanted to speak up for a second and say I FUCKING CARE if these shows get cancelled. I don't work in a hospital, just at a disease-riddled Amazon warehouse where beyond the usual shitty nature of the job there have been multiple positive cases at my facility every single day since we started testing last June. I don't know your personal experiences with this pandemic, I can't even begin to understand (though I have friends and family members across the country who do and have been sharing their experiences with me).
    What I do know is as miserable as life would have been knowing that I am working alongside people passing this around daily, I got an extra dose of life suck when I contracted Covid December 28th 2020.
    I didn't die.
    I do have long covid, even now, and don't expect it to fully go away ever. I don't even know if I can physically handle being in the pit anymore.

    But this band, specifically live shows, have saved my life multiple times. Looking forward to the two special Cleveland shows has literally kept me going through all of this. Downplay the importance of the shows all you want and fuck go ahead and laugh at me for even suggesting I would have killed myself sometime in the last few months if not for these shows to look forward to (others already have), but fuck man if you can't find a speck of empathy left to realize sometimes things that seem trivial to others can be the last struggle to stay afloat to others then there's no talking to you.

    I called it when the shows were announced
    tbh yeah me too, I thought this fall was too early for anyone to be performing live LET ALONE FUCKING FESTIVALS LIKE WTF, but hey guess what being "that guy" who "totally called it" just makes you an ass. Congrats, your name fits. And hey, guess mine does now too.



    ANYONE taking off their mask or pretending things are back to normal before there are 0 cases for 2 weeks is a fucking selfish cunt who doesn't care if people die.
    Well damn a little overboard don't you think? Are you going to claim you're the only one who "called it" when the CDC forgot it was dealing with the selfish ignorant populus of america and saying "vaccinated people don't have to mask anymore", because obviously the honor system wasn't going to work with people and the unvaccinated anti-maskers would just walk around with no coverage. The second that happened I knew we'd be in for another surge, and the timing with delta just fucked us over even more, so yeah I don't think as many people were "celebrating" that it was "over" as you think.


    The shows should never have been planned, and none of you should have bought tickets.
    Yes, they shouldn't have booked anything for 2021, I don't think anyone will disagree with that statement. I think we all would have rather they waited longer than needed to make sure it was safe and certain to happen, but we don't know who makes those calls so maybe stop pointing fingers?
    As far as tickets, most people had to get their tickets from scalpers, so those tickets would have been bought even if no fans wanted to go. Regardless, fans bought tickets knowing there's a good chance of cancellation/change of date, because better to have them and have it not happen than not have them and miss out on what could potentially be the biggest celebration of the band's history (since it's the HOF shows).



    Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.
    And preaching to the choir doesn't do anything but make you feel better.
    You would have had a great post if you had cleared your head before going off on people concerned about something they've been looking forward to in a time where everything in life seems completely hopeless.


    sincerely, someone who has been masking and distancing the entire time even though I got vaccinated as soon as the state allowed, but yeah yell at me for being sad the shows might not happen

  25. #595
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    313
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I have tickets to Riot Fest & both Cleveland shows. I’m honestly dreading the flights to get there more than anything - 2 planes for us to get to Chicago + 3rd to hop to Cleveland, then 2 more to go back home. We are vaxxed, will be masked, etc. We’re still going to go, so long as the shows are going forth, but things are obviously looking grim. Will be sad if they are postponed, but of course completely understand. We’ve had tickets to RATM since Feb 2020, and that’s (as of now) been pushed to March 2022. I just view it as something to keep looking forward to.

    Riot Fest is a little over 5 weeks away. I really wish Trent would just SAY SOMETHING! Anything. Confirm that these are still happening as far as he can tell right now. Tell us he isn’t sure they’ll go forth. Whatever. That would actually be a relief to hear something from him versus the virtual radio silence from him since the shows were announced back in May.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #596
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    I have tickets to Riot Fest & both Cleveland shows. I’m honestly dreading the flights to get there more than anything - 2 planes for us to get to Chicago + 3rd to hop to Cleveland, then 2 more to go back home. We are vaxxed, will be masked, etc. We’re still going to go, so long as the shows are going forth, but things are obviously looking grim. Will be sad if they are postponed, but of course completely understand. We’ve had tickets to RATM since Feb 2020, and that’s (as of now) been pushed to March 2022. I just view it as something to keep looking forward to.

    Riot Fest is a little over 5 weeks away. I really wish Trent would just SAY SOMETHING! Anything. Confirm that these are still happening as far as he can tell right now. Tell us he isn’t sure they’ll go forth. Whatever. That would actually be a relief to hear something from him versus the virtual radio silence from him since the shows were announced back in May.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s happening. I think the next thing will be the Cleveland shows changing to vaxx requirements and such.

    also, Lollapalooza was deemed not to be a super spreader. So you can feel better about being around 50,000 people next month.

    https://pitchfork.com/news/chicago-h...preader-event/

  27. #597
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    313
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    It’s happening. I think the next thing will be the Cleveland shows changing to vaxx requirements and such.
    I really, really hope so. Considering AEG announced this morning their vaccine requirement, I hope Live Nation will follow suit very quickly.

  28. #598
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    I really, really hope so. Considering AEG announced this morning their vaccine requirement, I hope Live Nation will follow suit very quickly.
    They changed their stance but its going to really fall on the artists on pushing it. I think there def needs to be some communication now for the Cleveland shows because if anyone needs to get the shot theyre running out of time unless they get J&J.

  29. #599
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Live Nation's policy won't start until October, so Trent better get on top of the situation.

  30. #600
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,888
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Not to interrupt the arguing, but has there been any word of webcasts of the festival shows?

Posting Permissions