Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Wife is completely psyched to do this for our anniversary next year. She continues to be a down ass bitch year after year.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If Hellfest is the only European show I'll be gutted. What a line-up though... Seen Ministry a couple of times now, but damn... I might be tempted if the venue was a little easier to get to! Hoping SO HARD for a London show with at least Health or Youth Code in support.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, what a line up. "If there is a Hell, I'll see you there"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Looks like there's also 2 more bands to be added to NIN's stage - wonder if those were also picked by Trent.

This whole fest is like screaming white dude overload, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just to play devil's advocate - If they play Hellfest and then pop over to do a few shows at, say, the O2 Arena in London... that would technically make Hellfest the only European show of 2022, right?

The more tour dates the merrier, but I don't think it's out of the question for NIN to play one international show and call it. It certainly doesn't seem efficient, but they could be honoring a pre-COVID contract, an intense exclusivity/radius clause, or simply entertaining a quick trip to France to reignite their lavish jet-setting lifestyles.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    No, the UK is still located in Europe. There's other European countries that aren't part of the EU.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    LOL, my bad. I won't even try to pretend I'm surprised that I'm wrong, or blame it on not being awake... Brexit makes no sense to me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Does anyone have experience with buying Hellfest tickets? This is what the prp.com article said...

– Hellfest part 2 from June 23 to 26, 2022 /// 1-DAY PASS (89€-105€ + fees) : OFFICIAL TICKET SALE – July 8 at 1:00 PM only on www.hellfest.fr

1pm France time?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Does anyone have experience with buying Hellfest tickets? This is what the prp.com article said...

– Hellfest part 2 from June 23 to 26, 2022 /// 1-DAY PASS (89€-105€ + fees) : OFFICIAL TICKET SALE – July 8 at 1:00 PM only on www.hellfest.fr

1pm France time?
    Yes, local time.

Someone at eFestivals with all sorts of sources claimed that NIN won't do a full Europe tour until 2023: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/...omment=6180278

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Why?

1) You and your crew, staff, band, etc are getting paid a requisite amount of cash to make it worth it.
    2) You're being given the opportunity to put together the lineup for the entire day on the stage that you're playing, which means that a bunch of your friends are coming along and also getting paid a requisite amount of cash to make it worth it.
    3) You're busy enough doing other shit that perhaps more dates in Europe wouldn't work out anyways.
    Yeah no. And considering they had originally signed on for 3 Primavera Sound dates and then backed of that in favor of this, it certainly still points to the band playing multiple shows. And with no clear announcement on exclusivity and such theyre in play for other festivals and solo dates. Euro and Uk fests pride themselves on the exclusives and will say so in order to drive uo ticket sales. Thats the point of the exclusive tag. For example, Yeah Yeah Yeahs stated when they got announced for Primavera Sound last month that it was their only performance in Europe. So how can they easily make that kind of statement but NIN cannot? They just did that with the fall U.S. dates when it came to specifics, there was total transparency. Theres still plenty if time to announce more dates and such. Trent and Atticus arent “too busy” to just fly to France for a weekend and come home. If that was the case they would just play a show here in Los Angeles and not to another continent. And I dont think Trent was lying when he said after the Oscars that its NIN time when it came to music and performing . The film score stuff is just a good in between thing to do before touring and another release. Its been 3 years so theyre due.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post

Someone at eFestivals with all sorts of sources claimed that NIN won't do a full Europe tour until 2023: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/...omment=6180278
    I cannot imagine they will do one gig in the EU around that date. Rock Werchter e.g. and other festivals around June/July will be an opportunity to play for sure. It could be a theory it'll be a short a EU festival tour instead in 2022...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yes, local time.

I am central standard so that would be 6am on July 8th, correct?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The situation with Hellfest might be unique enough so that this performance could be their only European summer gig. Hellfest often pay big names a premium so that they don't play other shows. Graspop do this too. I've heard the two festivals have made arrangements between themselves historically. So we might see NIN at Graspop! Or maybe not!
    I'm certainly not expecting a significant run of dates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Inspired by the recent posts in the Cleveland concert thread: how many tracks do you think NIN will be rehearsing for the fall shows? I'll bet on only 40 or so. Enough to play two completely different sets for the Cleveland shows, with the festival performances then pulling from this same pool of songs.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Yeah nah, it's gonna be around 30. Think 2017 tour. They aren't gonna do huge rotation on such short tour, where most of the shows are festivals. 30 is still enough to swap like 10 songs between consecutive dates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Other than the surprise Webster Hall show in NYC, 2017 did not have any consecutive dates though. I could see Trent pulling out special songs for the Cleveland shows, as he knows lots of fans will be traveling for them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I could see Trent pulling out special songs for the Cleveland shows, as he knows lots of fans will be traveling for them.
    Agreed. These Cleveland shows feel like they will be special and unique for a few reasons:

1. They're the first (non-festival) shows since the Pandemic began
    2. They're the first (non-festival) shows since the band's R+RHOF inauguration and it's taking place in the city where NIN started (potential for guest appearances from previous members like Danny & Chris!)
    3. They're the only non-festival shows of 2021
    4. The first show takes place on the 22nd anniversary of The Fragile

I'm really hoping that Trent uses these shows to do what he originally wanted to do for the R+RHOF performance that wasn't possible last year. It was disappointing to hear that he was making plans for something really cool that involved several previous members of the touring band, so fingers crossed that these two shows can partially make up for the lack of a proper celebration in 2020. I won't be disappointed if that's not the case, though. It'll feel special no matter what.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-23-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yeah no. And considering they had originally signed on for 3 Primavera Sound dates and then backed of that in favor of this, it certainly still points to the band playing multiple shows. And with no clear announcement on exclusivity and such theyre in play for other festivals and solo dates. Euro and Uk fests pride themselves on the exclusives and will say so in order to drive uo ticket sales. Thats the point of the exclusive tag. For example, Yeah Yeah Yeahs stated when they got announced for Primavera Sound last month that it was their only performance in Europe. So how can they easily make that kind of statement but NIN cannot? They just did that with the fall U.S. dates when it came to specifics, there was total transparency. Theres still plenty if time to announce more dates and such. Trent and Atticus arent “too busy” to just fly to France for a weekend and come home. If that was the case they would just play a show here in Los Angeles and not to another continent. And I dont think Trent was lying when he said after the Oscars that its NIN time when it came to music and performing . The film score stuff is just a good in between thing to do before touring and another release. Its been 3 years so theyre due.
    You'll note that my post was not explaining why they weren't playing more shows in Europe or arguing that Hell Fest would be their only show, but that my post was answering another member's question about how it might be possible or feasible for them to only play one show (Hell Fest) in Europe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yes, local time.

Not good if its that user saying it. They have the inside track on a lot of the euro fests. Its still total bullshit. Without them mentioning its their only Europe date thats the bigger issue I feel around all of this. That makes it a point for people to go buy tickets, not to just assume that there will be tour dates in other countries.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Other than the surprise Webster Hall show in NYC, 2017 did not have any consecutive dates though. I could see Trent pulling out special songs for the Cleveland shows, as he knows lots of fans will be traveling for them.
    I’m also hoping they do enough different at Riot from 2017, since it wasn’t that long ago and they’ve had 3 other Chicago shows since. It would be weird for them to do the usual same festival set.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    I’m also hoping they do enough different at Riot from 2017, since it wasn’t that long ago and they’ve had 3 other Chicago shows since. It would be weird for them to do the usual same festival set.
    I wouldn't be mad if they encore starts with Somewhat Damaged again. Totally unexpected and I lost my mind.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I wouldn't be mad if they encore starts with Somewhat Damaged again. Totally unexpected and I lost my mind.
    They could play Somewhat Damaged at any point in the set at every show and I’d never not lose my shit during it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    They could play Somewhat Damaged at any point in the set at every show and I’d never not lose my shit during it.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Reminds me of this clip, i attended that show and they opened with SD.

I fuckin' lost my shit!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I hear the Bobby Gillespie & Jehnny Beth record is supposed to be excellent. They (backed by Primal Scream & Jehnny's bass player) would make a most excellent opener for NIN this year or next!

It is excellent! Have played twice already.
    Last edited by chuckrh; 07-01-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    We started talking about possible opening songs over here the other day. I put my bet on Now I’m Nothing, but given that 9/21 in 1999 was The Fragile’s release, a full or partial (at least Left?) performance of that album could be a possibility…

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I hear the Bobby Gillespie & Jehnny Beth record is supposed to be excellent. They (backed by Primal Scream & Jehnny's bass player) would make a most excellent opener for NIN this year or next!

Bobby has mentioned wanting to tour with NIN...can't recall when he said it, sometime over the past decade or so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post

Atticus co-wrote and produced a track on Jehnny Beth’s album so there’s a connection there (plus Flood co-produced the album too)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Atticus co-wrote and produced a track on Jehnny Beth’s album so there’s a connection there (plus Flood co-produced the album too)
    +Jehnny was supposed to open the tour that never happened this year.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Even though these shows are still months away, I'm starting to get that pre-tour excitement now. Tickets are secured, flights booked, place to stay, and travel to/from Cleveland all finally settled. So excited to be able to travel for NIN and plan a vacation of sorts around seeing the shows and hanging out with you guys again, thanks economic stimulus package!