Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    'Leaked' poster had different lineup.
    It's not that it had a different lineup...just that it only included the headliner / higher profile acts for each stage.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    'Leaked' poster had different lineup.
    The bands on the leaked poster lineup are still playing, just on different stages. See the full lineup here.

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Full seven day lineup is bonkers.
    Yeah, I've always wanted to visit France, but I've never wanted to as bad as I do now! This is seriously the most impressive/tempting overseas festival lineup I've ever seen.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-17-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Let the Summer 2022 Tour speculation begin!
    Let them do Glastonbury after Hellfest. Only fitting muahahaha

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The translated page is a little wonky but am I reading it right that single day passes go onsale July 8th?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Festival Tour maybe?
    A lot of European festivals in June/July anyways.

Hellfest is pretty good. Big and commercial but also damn professional. And I don't easily call the French professional
    I'm definitely going to be there, so let's see if some crazy people from here will gather.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I’m so going. Even though there’s just a day between this and my Rammstein gig in England.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Full seven day lineup is bonkers.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Most years they really go crazy.. It's too much at some point.
    In 2014 and 2016 I wanted to see so many bands, first ones starting at 11 am, last ones done by 3 am, not much time "off" in between...I was a wreck afterwards.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    Most years they really go crazy.. It's too much at some point.
    In 2014 and 2016 I wanted to see so many bands, first ones starting at 11 am, last ones done by 3 am, not much time "off" in between...I was a wreck afterwards.
    I can imagine. But I'm sure it was worth it, right?!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Oh totally. And I'd do it all over again.

If I turn out to be there for an entire 7 days this time I might need something stronger than caffeine... And another week off at the Atlantic coast afterwards, haha.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    oh my there also Godflesh on the same day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://www.binaural.es/noticias/anu...hellfest-2022/

Not sure how reliable this site is, but it claims that Hellfest has NIN as the only European show for 2022.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    https://www.binaural.es/noticias/anu...hellfest-2022/

Not sure how reliable this site is, but it claims that Hellfest has NIN as the only European show for 2022.
    nin confirmed on their social media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post

Yes, NIN confirmed that they will be playing Hellfest. That site, however, is saying that NIN won't play anywhere else in Europe next year.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I think he means the part about Hellfest being the only European show for 2022. I can't see that being accurate.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I think he means the part about Hellfest being the only European show for 2022. I can't see that being accurate.
    I'd tend to believe this as well. Why would you haul all your equipment overseas, crew, staff, etc to just play one show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Why would you haul all your equipment overseas, crew, staff, etc to just play one show.
    Why?

1) You and your crew, staff, band, etc are getting paid a requisite amount of cash to make it worth it.
    2) You're being given the opportunity to put together the lineup for the entire day on the stage that you're playing, which means that a bunch of your friends are coming along and also getting paid a requisite amount of cash to make it worth it.
    3) You're busy enough doing other shit that perhaps more dates in Europe wouldn't work out anyways.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Why?

1) You and your crew, staff, band, etc are getting paid a requisite amount of cash to make it worth it.
    2) You're being given the opportunity to put together the lineup for the entire day on the stage that you're playing, which means that a bunch of your friends are coming along and also getting paid a requisite amount of cash to make it worth it.
    3) You're busy enough doing other shit that perhaps more dates in Europe wouldn't work out anyways.
    he told us on the last tour that he’s made nin live scalable. that’s why the big screens are gone. he could probably even rent instruments for this hellfest show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    he told us on the last tour that he’s made nin live scalable. that’s why the big screens are gone. he could probably even rent instruments for this hellfest show.
    Or they just have instruments in storage over in Europe that they use when they tour there; this is a rather common thing for large bands that regularly tour both continents.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Or they just have instruments in storage over in Europe that they use when they tour there; this is a rather common thing for large bands that regularly tour both continents.
    Except the tambourine. he carries that one with him.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Why?

Yeah, sure, but booking other dates makes it even MORE cost effective. There is no conceivable way there aren't more European dates coming.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Why?

Yeah no. And considering they had originally signed on for 3 Primavera Sound dates and then backed of that in favor of this, it certainly still points to the band playing multiple shows. And with no clear announcement on exclusivity and such theyre in play for other festivals and solo dates. Euro and Uk fests pride themselves on the exclusives and will say so in order to drive uo ticket sales. Thats the point of the exclusive tag. For example, Yeah Yeah Yeahs stated when they got announced for Primavera Sound last month that it was their only performance in Europe. So how can they easily make that kind of statement but NIN cannot? They just did that with the fall U.S. dates when it came to specifics, there was total transparency. Theres still plenty if time to announce more dates and such. Trent and Atticus arent “too busy” to just fly to France for a weekend and come home. If that was the case they would just play a show here in Los Angeles and not to another continent. And I dont think Trent was lying when he said after the Oscars that its NIN time when it came to music and performing . The film score stuff is just a good in between thing to do before touring and another release. Its been 3 years so theyre due.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yeah no. And considering they had originally signed on for 3 Primavera Sound dates and then backed of that in favor of this, it certainly still points to the band playing multiple shows. And with no clear announcement on exclusivity and such theyre in play for other festivals and solo dates. Euro and Uk fests pride themselves on the exclusives and will say so in order to drive uo ticket sales. Thats the point of the exclusive tag. For example, Yeah Yeah Yeahs stated when they got announced for Primavera Sound last month that it was their only performance in Europe. So how can they easily make that kind of statement but NIN cannot? They just did that with the fall U.S. dates when it came to specifics, there was total transparency. Theres still plenty if time to announce more dates and such. Trent and Atticus arent “too busy” to just fly to France for a weekend and come home. If that was the case they would just play a show here in Los Angeles and not to another continent. And I dont think Trent was lying when he said after the Oscars that its NIN time when it came to music and performing . The film score stuff is just a good in between thing to do before touring and another release. Its been 3 years so theyre due.
    You'll note that my post was not explaining why they weren't playing more shows in Europe or arguing that Hell Fest would be their only show, but that my post was answering another member's question about how it might be possible or feasible for them to only play one show (Hell Fest) in Europe.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure NIN would've said so themselves - if it was the only show. And this website may be confused by the fact that no other dates announced yet.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure NIN would've said so themselves - if it was the only show. And this website may be confused by the fact that no other dates announced yet.
    That's the first, and Hellfest would surely have said on any flyer published:
    "only European show 2022"
    or
    "special exclusive 2 hour The Fragile set" (one can dream, right? ..)
    Festivals love to boast with shit like this.

There won't be many of these exclusive shows in the upcoming years anyways. Thanks to the pandemic everyone is eager to get out there, even the tour-tired bands.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    NIN, Ministry, Killing Joke and Skinny Puppy on the same stage at Hellfest next year. jesus fuck

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    NIN, Ministry, Killing Joke and Skinny Puppy on the same stage at Hellfest next year. jesus fuck
    Ol' Trent burying the axe with Ogre for taking SP's 80s market and running with it, lmao..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That lineup is straight FIRE. Seriously unbelievable.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah that's it, I'm going to apply for my passport. Maxim said that 2022 will be a year for prodigy fans (or something along those lines) so if I have to travel to the UK to see The Prodigy finally I will.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    NIN and Ministry and Killing Joke and Skinny Puppy. At the same show.

That's...not possible.

This is a fever dream. Legions of show-deprived rivetheads and industrial geeks across the globe, including myself, have conjured their dreamscapes into reality out of sheer desperation and willpower. We're going to unmake the fabric of existence itself if we're not careful.