Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Chicago is going indoor mask mandate again this Friday, and I think we're going to start seeing lockdowns again up here.

Lollapalooza did us ZERO favors. I hope they cancel Riotfest completely.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coro...-says/2592312/

But, if not, Thursday will be strictly vegetarian all day, because Morrisey is now doing the preview party.

https://www.timeout.com/chicago/news...ts-tour-081921
    So the non super spreader fest is to blame now? Yeah, lets blame them instead of Sturgis and Rolling Loud.

There are 4 other festivals that will get axed if you want to be serious about the city of Chicago going into lockdowns. Ruido which is a latin alternative fest is this weekend and they have the same rules as Lolla. ARC and North Coast are Labor Day Weekend that are edm/electronic fests, which again have the same requirements. And then you have Pitchfork which is 9/11 weekend and they just released their schedule. So tell me again what is going to stop the ball from rolling. You also have to get rid of Cubs, White Sox and Bears games form having fans at all.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    So the non super spreader fest is to blame now? Yeah, lets blame them instead of Sturgis and Rolling Loud.
    “Lollapalooza did us zero favors” sparks a Pearl-clutching rant?

Nobody said it was a super-spreader event. But many people did test positive. It affected my own household, was a total pain in the ass waiting out two weeks during a huge project. The City is just trying to recoup revenues, they don’t give a shit.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-19-2021 at 11:55 PM.