Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Damn. This is a bummer. I overpaid for tickets to one of the Cleveland shows anyways, so at least I get that money back.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Chicago is going indoor mask mandate again this Friday, and I think we're going to start seeing lockdowns again up here.

Lollapalooza did us ZERO favors. I hope they cancel Riotfest completely.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coro...-says/2592312/

But, if not, Thursday will be strictly vegetarian all day, because Morrisey is now doing the preview party.

https://www.timeout.com/chicago/news...ts-tour-081921
    Last edited by allegro; 08-19-2021 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Stubhub offered me 120% credit rather than a refund, WTF?! At least all the other logistics costs were fully refundable.

I wish Trent could have just cancelled all the dates in Ohio, Kentucky, and Florida, and rebooked the tour in states that aren't fucking covid hotspots and that have good vaccination rates and compliance.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Stubhub offered me 120% credit rather than a refund, WTF?!
    AKA: thank you for the loan with the one-time flat fee.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkelpop View Post
    Did you ever consider bands like deftones and NIN don't want the mandatory vaccine and that's the reason of cancelling?
    No. I haven’t considered either of those things because I don’t pay attention to Deftones and because I read Trent’s cancellation notice and it read intelligently and not like right wing reactionary bullshit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    none of them do that.
    In 2013 almost all of them did. This year Lollapalooza did. But it doesn’t matter anymore anyway

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    And boom goes the dynamite
    I wonder how many people understand this reference lol. Great blooper reel!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Stubhub offered me 120% credit rather than a refund, WTF?! At least all the other logistics costs were fully refundable.
    Honestly, this is fucking bullshit. I bought both pair of tickets off stubhub and I DOUBT I will use that until next year. What the fuck.

I feel like 2021 is about the same plot as 28 Weeks Later. I saw this coming. My hospital I work at is overloading with COVID patients and it's overwhelming. Right move to do this. I am just gutted and feel all this emotion. I am just tired...
    Last edited by ninlive; 08-19-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At this point I wish they would just do some sort of streaming events. Maybe with extremely limited attendance, sort of like the radio shows they did in 2006… I am so tired of COVID, but we need to stop waiting for things to get back to normal and get creative.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    As sad as this is, I think we've all got to show some serious respect that they're pulling out rather than contributing to the health risk that the shows now appear to be.

The bands themselves would be far enough away from the crowds that they likely would have been safe, and I'd imagine the payday from these would have probably been fairly large too.

But this band gives a shit and decided not to put everyone else at risk.

I feel obligated to buy some vinyl from the NIN store now, even though vinyl's not really my thing.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    As sad as this is, I think we've all got to show some serious respect that they're pulling out rather than contributing to the health risk that the shows now appear to be.

The bands themselves would be far enough away from the crowds that they likely would have been safe, and I'd imagine the payday from these would have probably been fairly large too.

But this band gives a shit and decided not to put everyone else at risk.

I feel obligated to buy some vinyl from the NIN store now, even though vinyl's not really my thing.....

For real. The right decisions are not always the easiest. Hopefully, Trent and Attics had some tour insurance that allowed them to cancel without getting big-fucked on fees themselves. Likely, had to reach a threshold hence the late cancellation.

Yeah, the Stubhub shit sucks. But, I mean, go figure. I will just use the credits for Bucks tickets I guess?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    If I were in the USA and had tickets this situation would actually have been fine for me, as the two main forums I visit are NIN and Morrissey related, and dig one as much as the other. No refunded tickets for me. Well, as far as the festival thing goes. Funny when worlds collide like that.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Virtual hugs to everyone…from a sad 41 year old man
    *hug*

We can all relate, even from a distance.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    In 2013 almost all of them did. This year Lollapalooza did. But it doesn’t matter anymore anyway
    None of this really matters anymore. *cue Only*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I also got stuck with the 120% "refund" of utterly fucking worthless StubHub Fuck You Fun Bucks. So I am resorting to a more drastic measure to get a refund. I'll just copy/paste from the Cleveland shows thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    I finally got through on Stubhub’s phone number, guy from an Indian call center answered after 45 minutes on hold, says I will be given an email within 24 hours with further instructions after declining the offer of a 120% credit, refused to contact me by phone, and then I told him I was recording the call and will be filing a charge back with my bank if I do not receive the email. I know it’s not random dude from India’s fault but I’m never buying anything from that bloodsucking cocksucking company again.

I will also never buy any tickets for any events until 48 hours before event time for the rest of my life. Fuck Ticketmaster, fuck Stubhub, fuck anti vaccination idiots.
    So basically if they don't refund me actual money, I am having my bank cancel the charge, and I have all my shit on the record. Fuck them.

I have a backup plan for September 21st, Faith No More's show in Pittsburgh isn't cancelled yet and I can actually get free tickets for that (not with Stub Hub Fuck You Fun Bucks either).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Chicago is going indoor mask mandate again this Friday, and I think we're going to start seeing lockdowns again up here.

But, if not, Thursday will be strictly vegetarian all day, because Morrisey is now doing the preview party.

So the non super spreader fest is to blame now? Yeah, lets blame them instead of Sturgis and Rolling Loud.

There are 4 other festivals that will get axed if you want to be serious about the city of Chicago going into lockdowns. Ruido which is a latin alternative fest is this weekend and they have the same rules as Lolla. ARC and North Coast are Labor Day Weekend that are edm/electronic fests, which again have the same requirements. And then you have Pitchfork which is 9/11 weekend and they just released their schedule. So tell me again what is going to stop the ball from rolling. You also have to get rid of Cubs, White Sox and Bears games form having fans at all.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, I saw this coming a couple weeks ago, as I'm sure quite a few people did. Glad I hesitated on getting tickets for Cleveland, but I feel bad for everyone who was looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    If Trent is going to wait until things go back to normal before touring again, then its safe to say Nine Inch Nails is all but dead as a live act. Things will never go back to normal for concerts until 2032 or so and I doubt 66 year old Trent will be touring. Good chance NIN never plays again which I am sure makes Atticus thrilled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You are fucking smoking crack if you really think there won’t be concerts until 2032.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Some things are not meant to be taken seriously.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    According to StubHub's internal memo from last year, Ohio is one of 14 states that requires a full refund if an event is cancelled.

They will, of course, offer you the 120% credit first, but if you call Customer Service and insist on a full refund in accordance with Ohio law, they will give you a refund.

https://www.stubhub.com/legal/?section=fp
    If the event is canceled and not rescheduled, you will get a refund or credit for use on a future purchase, as determined in StubHub’s sole discretion (unless a refund is required by law)
    Edit: These laws should apply to all marketplace ticket resellers (businesses like StubHub). If you bought private party, you're probably SOL, unless you can convince your credit card to chargeback for "service not provided"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am in Canada (Ontario).... going to call tomorrow and see what they say... hoping TICKET SALES ACT will cover me for purchases made for US shows.... will find out https://www.ontario.ca/page/buying-t...events-ontario

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised at this news, but honestly relieved. I'm 8 hours away from Cleveland and was planning on driving. With things the way they are, I was on the fence about going if it did happen, so I'm kinda glad the decision was made for me. Also grateful I was able to get my tickets through Ticketmaster, so I'll get refunded, it will just take forever.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So the non super spreader fest is to blame now? Yeah, lets blame them instead of Sturgis and Rolling Loud.
    “Lollapalooza did us zero favors” sparks a Pearl-clutching rant?

Nobody said it was a super-spreader event. But many people did test positive. It affected my own household, was a total pain in the ass waiting out two weeks during a huge project. The City is just trying to recoup revenues, they don’t give a shit.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-19-2021 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    I was waiting for this to happen. While I'm really fucking bummed, I'm also quite relieved.

I've got a show coming up next week that I booked and that I'm playing, and while it's MUCH smaller in scale I can definitely attest to the ridiculous level of stress in trying to responsibly and safely put a show on right now. It sucks, and it's a lot easier (and really a lot more responsible) to just walk away at this point.
    I'm supposed to see Mammoth WVH next week & right now I'm leaning toward skipping the show. I'm hoping the band cancels as they have missed several shows recently due to COVID in the touring party. It's in a small theater & was cheap so if I have to eat the ticket cost it won't hurt much. Things are getting crazy here (Seattle) again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

I was in Chicago on business the weekend before Lolla. I was shocked that is was going to be full capacity. It's crazy how many people are going around like nothing is wrong. I've been fully vaxxed since April, but I got tested when I got back from traveling. Too many non vaxxed running around like fools. I had made the decision not to go to the Cleveland shows when I got back from Chicago, but it's still a huge bummer for everyone. I am 1000% in agreement that it was the right call. I have tickets for Cold Cave at the end of the month at the Wiltern, and I am really hoping they postpone it. I'm also going to cancel my ticket for the Halsey Imax screening.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i’m sad. how’s everyone else doing?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sad for everyone there with tix. Would be very cool if they could do a streaming show to make up for it - they seem pretty popular right now.
    Fingers crossed for NINLIVE2022.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Sad for everyone there with tix. Would be very cool if they could do a streaming show to make up for it - they seem pretty popular right now.
    Fingers crossed for NINLIVE2022.
    Hellfest hasn't been canceled (yet) so I would assume that some Europe dates are/were in the works.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    According to StubHub's internal memo from last year, Ohio is one of 14 states that requires a full refund if an event is cancelled.

They will, of course, offer you the 120% credit first, but if you call Customer Service and insist on a full refund in accordance with Ohio law, they will give you a refund.

https://www.stubhub.com/legal/?section=fp

Edit: These laws should apply to all marketplace ticket resellers (businesses like StubHub). If you bought private party, you're probably SOL, unless you can convince your credit card to chargeback for "service not provided"

Thank you, this is great info. Still glad I stuck it out through their awful customer service anyway though.