Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    If you get a hotel downtown, the venue will be in walking distance. Downtown Cleveland is also pretty damn safe these days so you shouldn’t worry about the hike back from Nautica at night.
    That's good to know. I'm not very familiar with Cleveland, and as a girl I wasn't sure if it was a sketch place to walk alone. My hotel is less than a mile away, so if the weather is nice I may walk then.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Oh man - If I wasn’t holding out for pit tickets on Thursday, I’d totally take you up on that and meet up with ya at the show again hahah.
    Fuck pit, homie, let's go!!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Fuck pit, homie, let's go!!!
    I’m tempted!! I already got a seat for Tuesday night, so I’m hoping for a floor spot on Thursday, but if nothing pans out with that and you’ve still got yours available, I’ll totally take it. But don’t hold it for me or anything if you’re looking to sell, I don’t wanna hold anything up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so I guess there's no 3rd show in Cleveland

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

NIN Live Performance 2021: Now I'm Waving Goodbye to COVID Infinitely. With Teeth|JA

Quote Originally Posted by dog117 View Post
    booooooooooo
    ETA maybe they are waiting til monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hello fellow fans. I live in Mexico and I think it's going to be a while before NIN comes to play at my city. I have only see them once in a festival, and I've been thinking that life is too short and that I really want to see them live again (and in a only NIN show)... I have checked the prices for the current Cleveland shows, but I find them way too expensive for me, so where I'm going with this is: if there are more dates confirmed in the USA in the nexts months, how should I prepare to buy the tickets? (I saw that the tickets go up according to some re-selling thing, but I don't understand why or how it works that way.)
    Last edited by Thor; 05-16-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Hi @Thor ! Unfortunately when people buy tickets via Ticketmaster/Livenation, they have the ability to turn around and 're-sell' the tickets via the same sites at a much higher price. Right now both shows in Cleveland appear to be sold out of standard priced tickets but they are also four months away! If you want to try to go to these shows specifically, you may possibly try one of the following as a way to get a ticket without paying such a high price:

1. Keep checking Ticketmaster/Livenation as the date approaches. Some times standard tickets are released from a pool of seats that were reserved for one group or another. If it's determined some are not needed, they'll be posted.

2. Post here via the Upcoming Shows threads and on Reddit about what you want. Also review regularly for people who post about tickets they are selling. Note: Here on ETS you can possibly find info about users to help 'vouch' for how trustworthy they may be to avoid scammers.

3. Check third party sellers like stubhub.com, vividseats.com, etc. Their prices should go down as the show dates get closer.

4. If you are willing to risk it and the border is open by that time, go to Cleveland anyways! There is usually a chance to get a ticket from the venue box office or from someone in line.

At this time we don't know if they will have any other dates this year except possibly festivals. The NIN camp stated the Cleveland dates were "the only headlining shows" for 2021.

To know about future tickets. especially for next year, you should be sure you are on the nin.com mailing list plus follow their various social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram). I think email was the first source for the Cleveland shows.

You can also follow here and on Reddit for news on shows. I know there are Facebook groups for NIN fans but I don't use it to link to any. :-)

Good luck! And don't get addicted. :-D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I didn't knew anything of this, so thank you for the helpful adivce @m0reta !!
    (If anyone else have some more tips I would gladly appreciate them!)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dog117 View Post
    Yeah I can't see why they would wait this long. Conventional wisdom is to drop a new date immediately after the sellout, strike while the iron is hot.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    Yeah I can't see why they would wait this long. Conventional wisdom is to drop a new date immediately after the sellout, strike while the iron is hot.

Exactly. I think if they were going to do it, it would have been on Friday once the other two were sold out (at least the non-resale tickets), like when Rage Against the Machine added extra dates to their tour.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    that Riot Fest lineup is 50% "holy shit, I might have to just travel out to Chicago for this, and I usually hate big multi-day festivals..."

and then there's that weird pop/punk strain running through it, and that'd be fine I guess, except for Simple Plan. Really?! There is no excuse for that band, and this is easily one of the worst songs I've ever heard. Their presence on the lineup is just confounding.

go look at past line ups and youll see its been the same. It was even the same when NIN played last time.

also, Shaky Knees might announce tomorrow morning so keep an eye out. They just confirmed Alice Cooper.

for anyone with covid concerns: Pitchfork Music Festival which is a week before Riot has announced a line up and has a covid safety plan. I would easily assume that it would carry over to any festival in Chicago since they would have to agree to something like that to get a permit.

All attendees, vendors, staff, artists, and anyone ages 12 and older entering Union Park will need to be fully inoculated against COVID-19, or have proof of a negative PCR test within the past 24 hours, for each day of the Festival.
    In accordance with current IDPH and CDPH guidelines, masks will be required throughout festival grounds. Masks may be removed when eating and drinking. Pitchfork is working closely with local health officials and will continue to update this policy as local guidelines become available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Exactly. I think if they were going to do it, it would have been on Friday once the other two were sold out (at least the non-resale tickets), like when Rage Against the Machine added extra dates to their tour.
    Back in 2018, the two summer Vegas dates went on-sale on Friday March 30. The third summer Vegas show was subsequently announced on Monday April 16.

Source: https://consequence.net/2018/03/nine...egas-concerts/

I'm gonna hold off on booking flights for a few more weeks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am thinking and I could and might be wrong but I don't think a third show would be Friday with having to be in KY on Saturday. Ughh I only went to one Vegas show in the summer and only one in the winter, and so far only have one show in cleavend I have to finally do a double date city, it was heartbreaking leaving Vegas knowing more shows were to come but I just couldn't pull it off. Thinking about a bleacher seat for 260 lol so I'll at least be at both shows this time. I got super lucky and was at the June 13 and Dec 1 show so I am scared to pick only one in cleavend,lol. I felt I got my favorite setlists of the Vegas shows only being able to pull one each time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You're right. If there's a third Cleveland show, it'll be either on the Monday or Wednesday.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I really wish that Riot Fest was a bit more clear when the day passes will go on sale, I hate that I have to check 15 times a day because I really can't miss NIN play Chicago... This whole "coming soon" bullshit is eating away at my sanity...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hi. I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here in reference to getting around Downtown Cleveland if you're not familiar. IMO it is a pain in the ass. (I have lived in the westside burbs my entire life.) BUT Nautica stage is a GREAT venue so it's worth it. If you're driving it's easy, there is parking near the venue. I would NOT walk alone to a hotel at night, girl or guy. Hotels may appear close when looking at a map, they are not. Aloft is, if you can use the water taxi. There are no straight shot roads to hotels down there and some of the way may not be very safe. Go on google maps and put in Jacobs Pavillion. The area is called The Flats. I will try to explain. See that road labeled OH 2, that is called the Shoreway, it looks like it goes across the river, it does but it is above you (elevated) when you're in the Flats. It's a highway, you can't walk on it. Under that road, in "The Flats" is a water taxi that's free to get you to the other side of the river, but they do not run late (I think they stop at 9pm) Also if you are ubering in or out of there this is the area you will catch your ride to and from show, and you may have to wait A LONG time. If people are planning meet-ups the day of the show the most convenient place is also in that area Music Box or Shooters. They both have outside decks. But if there is a band playing that same night at Music Box it will be crowded, but it's an easy walk to the venue from there. The other side of the river there's lots of places, but not so easy to get back and forth when the water taxi isn't running, if driving you can use side streets to get to other side of river. The lines for water taxi are usually busy about 20 people at a time on the boat. You can easily swim it lol but you will probably go to jail. To get out of the area where Nautica Stage is (and you're staying in a hotel downtown and want to walk, but I would not recommend that) you have to go west first (downtown is east) to Washington Ave. then take a left (south) on Center St. That is the only way to walk out of there, then you will have to plan your route to hotel. You will see another road Detroit Ave. that looks like it goes downtown, it does but that is also above you. You can walk on Detroit but I believe you can not get on Detroit walking unless you go further west on Washington Ave. until you get to W. 25th. If driving that is also the way out. You can get on The Shoreway OH 2 and Detroit Ave. or side streets at W. 25th to get downtown. I'm not saying it's impossible to walk to downtown hotels, just plan your route ahead of time and keep in mind that you can't walk on OH 2, and you can't get to Detroit Ave. to walk on that directly because you are going to be under those elevated roads. Does that make sense? Sorry if confusing. If walking you have to get out from Center Rd. I believe walking you can get to Detroit Ave. from Center Rd. if you take a left on Merwin Ave. In the day it's probably fine walking, but night not sure about that. It's a nice city, I wouldn't be scared, but I wouldn't walk alone, and I would not walk to a downtown hotel after a show at Nautica, maybe in a group though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I really wish that Riot Fest was a bit more clear when the day passes will go on sale, I hate that I have to check 15 times a day because I really can't miss NIN play Chicago... This whole "coming soon" bullshit is eating away at my sanity...
    Also, nin.com used to say that the Riot Fest show was on the Friday, but as of now, it lists a range with all 3 dates, so unless I'm mistaken, we don't really know for sure which of the 3 days NIN will be playing.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Also, nin.com used to say that the Riot Fest show was on the Friday, but as of now, it lists a range with all 3 dates, so unless I'm mistaken, we don't really know for sure which of the 3 days NIN will be playing.
    i noticed this change on the website as well. hopefully the day will be confirmed soon.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i noticed this change on the website as well. hopefully the day will be confirmed soon.

As did I. I assume that's the correct day, but they maybe weren't supposed to reveal that yet and updated it to list the full range. For what it's worth, when NIN played Riot Fest in 2017, they also played Friday (the first night) that year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sticksandhair View Post
    Hi. I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here in reference to getting around Downtown Cleveland if you're not familiar. IMO it is a pain in the ass. (I have lived in the westside burbs my entire life.) BUT Nautica stage is a GREAT venue so it's worth it. If you're driving it's easy, there is parking near the venue. I would NOT walk alone to a hotel at night, girl or guy. Hotels may appear close when looking at a map, they are not. Aloft is, if you can use the water taxi. There are no straight shot roads to hotels down there and some of the way may not be very safe. Go on google maps and put in Jacobs Pavillion. The area is called The Flats. I will try to explain. See that road labeled OH 2, that is called the Shoreway, it looks like it goes across the river, it does but it is above you (elevated) when you're in the Flats. It's a highway, you can't walk on it. Under that road, in "The Flats" is a water taxi that's free to get you to the other side of the river, but they do not run late (I think they stop at 9pm) Also if you are ubering in or out of there this is the area you will catch your ride to and from show, and you may have to wait A LONG time. If people are planning meet-ups the day of the show the most convenient place is also in that area Music Box or Shooters. They both have outside decks. But if there is a band playing that same night at Music Box it will be crowded, but it's an easy walk to the venue from there. The other side of the river there's lots of places, but not so easy to get back and forth when the water taxi isn't running, if driving you can use side streets to get to other side of river. The lines for water taxi are usually busy about 20 people at a time on the boat. You can easily swim it lol but you will probably go to jail. To get out of the area where Nautica Stage is (and you're staying in a hotel downtown and want to walk, but I would not recommend that) you have to go west first (downtown is east) to Washington Ave. then take a left (south) on Center St. That is the only way to walk out of there, then you will have to plan your route to hotel. You will see another road Detroit Ave. that looks like it goes downtown, it does but that is also above you. You can walk on Detroit but I believe you can not get on Detroit walking unless you go further west on Washington Ave. until you get to W. 25th. If driving that is also the way out. You can get on The Shoreway OH 2 and Detroit Ave. or side streets at W. 25th to get downtown. I'm not saying it's impossible to walk to downtown hotels, just plan your route ahead of time and keep in mind that you can't walk on OH 2, and you can't get to Detroit Ave. to walk on that directly because you are going to be under those elevated roads. Does that make sense? Sorry if confusing. If walking you have to get out from Center Rd. I believe walking you can get to Detroit Ave. from Center Rd. if you take a left on Merwin Ave. In the day it's probably fine walking, but night not sure about that. It's a nice city, I wouldn't be scared, but I wouldn't walk alone, and I would not walk to a downtown hotel after a show at Nautica, maybe in a group though.
    Thanks for all the detail. It seems to me that if a whole bunch of people are staying downtown, that there would be enough of a crowd on foot to deter criminals from going after you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Thanks for all the detail. It seems to me that if a whole bunch of people are staying downtown, that there would be enough of a crowd on foot to deter criminals from going after you.
    Ya never know. I did this in little rock and the crowd started out good but quickly dispersed into different directions. Had to cross a river and then everyone split. And it was 20k at a tool show. I had seen a couple I knew was staying at my hotel and did my best to follow them, it was very not fun. I think it was a little over a mile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    May just wait for Uber/Lyft then. If there's a surcharge and pick-up delay, then so be it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    So we all agree that these festival dates they are doing are just the lead up to a big tour next year, right? Just like the festival dates in 2017/CBI tour in 2018?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    So we all agree that these festival dates they are doing are just the lead up to a big tour next year, right? Just like the festival dates in 2017/CBI tour in 2018?
    Just said this. When it was only two, I was thinking it probably could have gone either way. Perhaps just to help with the two Cleveland shows. But as they add more, it makes me believe they definitely have a full tour planned for next year.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    That made me laugh. I had looked at Rockville as a possible date and so it is true. Next Shakey Knees!!

It's less than an hour away so ticket purchased.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Could Shaky Knees still happen, or is Daytona Beach considered close enough so that NIN would not play there as well?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Could Shaky Knees still happen, or is Daytona Beach considered close enough so that NIN would not play there as well?
    Seems like Shaky Knees is roughly the same distance to Daytona as Chicago / Riot Fest is to Louisville / Louder Than Life so unless there is a specific non-compete agreement with one fest or the other, Shaky Knees is still plausible in my completely ignorant opinion.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    @spahn ... Here's your FL show!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Do we have the nin night for Riot Fest yet?