Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    oh hmmm i just saw a post in a nin group on facebook that said nin will be at shakey knees festival 10.22-24. they said it was leaked by modest mouse. let it be true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Riot Fest = Redemption for my Cleveland mishap.

Please god let Faith No More be playing the same day…

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I remember us talking about it! Hahaha.

And yeah, do we have anyyyyyyyy idea when they tend to announce the line up per day?
    Per the e-mail from Riot Fest single day tickets will be on sale next week (no day specified).

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm gonna multicam the fuck out of these shows (if no one beats me to it, that is)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Maybe it’s been discussed here already- the Cleveland artwork looks like Rob’s glitch art. Perhaps he’s back in the fold?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    oh hmmm i just saw a post in a nin group on facebook that said nin will be at shakey knees festival 10.22-24. they said it was leaked by modest mouse. let it be true!

OH GOD PLEASE.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Oh god that Riot Fest lineup is nasty. The thought of NIN on the same night as either Faith No More or Mr. Bungle or even all three in one night gives me a painful boner.
    Ministry -> New Order -> NIN in 2017 was almost too much for me to handle.

Have fun at the festivals guys, aside from NIN, Ministry at First Avenue in October, are probably they only shows I'm going to this year. I've got a project car that is nearly finished and dammit this is the year I'm gonna do it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jshebib View Post
    RIOTFEST is sold out... except for the insanely prices uber VIP tickets... which I came very close to purchasing but not sure I can eat/drink and enjoy music for 3 days for $1600 plus tax and fees
    Single day tickets will be sold.

And no, theyh do not livestream Riot Fest. I think that got covered when they played last time.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I've got a project car...
    Oh? Do tell...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    God, I'm so happy I bought Riot Fest tickets last year! September 17–23 is going to be the most amazing week of my concert-going life.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So as I feared, clearly the general public sale for Cleveland was a disaster and within minutes the tickets they were offering were from "certified resellers" with grossly inflated prices. Ultimately I reminded myself that the best tickets for the Radio City and Kings Theatre shows in 2018 were like $250, around the same price as the GA pit tickets for Cleveland jumped to, right from the jump, and ultimately bit the bullet on GA pit tickets for both shows. The pain I feel for having been so raked over the coals by scalping shitheads is greatly outweighed by the pure elation I feel that I am going to see Nine Inch fucking Nails this year.

I'm happy for the folks who have festival dates working out for them but I'm glad I took the leap on the headline shows, because all of these festivals are even farther away from me in Jersey than Cleveland is! The East Coast is just a wasteland as far as festivals go. Even Panorama (which was such a great time and such a terrific show from NIN back in '17) took 2019 off to 'return in 2020' (yeesh, how'd that work out) and has been MIA since, and Governor's Ball type shit is always trying way too hard to be hip to have room for NIN (even if their lineup wasn't already announced).

Anyway, feeling pretty excited right now. See all you pigs by the stage in September!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Oh? Do tell...
    It's a 98 Honda Accord V6 with the leather package I'm cleaning up, I put in a refreshed engine and transmission, new suspension, and eventually I'll install the era appropriate sound system I've been collecting parts for years for, powered by rebuilt1999 Rockford fosgate power 800a2 and a 800a4. Stock clean and unassuming on the outside, lux on the inside. A land yacht if you will, built for road trips.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Ministry -> New Order -> NIN in 2017 was almost too much for me to handle.

Have fun at the festivals guys, aside from NIN, Ministry at First Avenue in October, are probably they only shows I'm going to this year. I've got a project car that is nearly finished and dammit this is the year I'm gonna do it.
    Mpls NIN fan here: see you at Ministry!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Perhaps NIN is posh enough these days to make ACL *crosses fingers.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Perhaps NIN is posh enough these days to make ACL *crosses fingers.
    Did you see them there in 2013?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Did you see them there in 2013?
    Sorry I meant ACL Fest, but I did make it into the taping.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Sorry I meant ACL Fest, but I did make it into the taping.
    is the festival really posher than the taping?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

A post shared by on

*fist pump*

Edit: Yeah, I know he's not saying he's going *play* with his old friends but I can DREAAAAMMM of 'the perfect drug' with two drummers.
    Last edited by m0reta; 05-14-2021 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Thought farts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    is the festival really posher than the taping?
    No, but my take is Sony and Columbia had more to do with making that taping (and Kimmel) happen. The label's promotion effort in that era seemed a bit higher than normal.

ACL has been the flaccid epitome of The Chili Peppers' slot for at least 15 years and was just hippy fest before then. I'm thinking all the soundtrack acclaim gives the decision makers some ammo to drop the "You can't say Fist F*ck" rider and finally get the guys on the bill.

Edit: seeing Fever 333 on a lot of these bills. If you wind up going, check them out. Caught them at River City Rockfest and they're nuts.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 05-14-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hippygeek View Post
    Those of you wanting PIT - I suggest you go after-market now, if you can afford it. If history is any indicator, these will be around $400 each by the end of next week.

And the odds of getting them in a presale are slim :/
    Currently $279 + fees - glad I got in at $200 + fees!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hippygeek View Post
    Currently $279 + fees - glad I got in at $200 + fees!
    They will come back down. Stop ruining my hopes and dreams

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Good luck everybody there. Enjoy! Because of the Covid procedures I'll stay in Europe this time. 2022 will be the next chance for more live performances and more easy travel.
    Same here.

This is the first NIN "tour" I have missed since 2005 and something really doesn't sit right with me. If it wasn't for COVID, I'd be there.
    I am really choked right now. But on the other hand, seeing these festival announcements makes me really nervous for the USA...

Good luck guys. Hopefully COVID doesn't strike back hard this fall. Guess Canada will be sitting back and watching what happens from these events.
    Is USA doesn't spike next fall, then this bloody country should re-the-fuck-open already.

I really wish they pushed all these events til 2022 just to be extra sure there won't be a resurgence.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Bring on the VAX-PASSPORT! I'm excited, my wife scored tickets for both nights in Cleveland. It's going to be dope AF! It's been eight years since I moved from Cleveland to Chicago. Going to hit up Fat Heads for a "sandwich" for sure. Now... about Riot Fest... Does anyone have solid info on what night NIN will destroy Douglas Park? Bouncing back to Cleveland... what is the hotel most of you PIGS are booking?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    that Riot Fest lineup is 50% "holy shit, I might have to just travel out to Chicago for this, and I usually hate big multi-day festivals..."

and then there's that weird pop/punk strain running through it, and that'd be fine I guess, except for Simple Plan. Really?! There is no excuse for that band, and this is easily one of the worst songs I've ever heard. Their presence on the lineup is just confounding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm curious whether or not there will be a vaccination requirement and if people will be wearing masks. Some shows are requiring proof of vaccination for entry into the pit etc.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Still View Post
    I'm curious whether or not there will be a vaccination requirement and if people will be wearing masks. Some shows are requiring proof of vaccination for entry into the pit etc.
    I don't see how they could add one AFTER selling tickets. Something like that would need to be announced beforehand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    So as I feared, clearly the general public sale for Cleveland was a disaster and within minutes the tickets they were offering were from "certified resellers" with grossly inflated prices. Ultimately I reminded myself that the best tickets for the Radio City and Kings Theatre shows in 2018 were like $250, around the same price as the GA pit tickets for Cleveland jumped to, right from the jump, and ultimately bit the bullet on GA pit tickets for both shows. The pain I feel for having been so raked over the coals by scalping shitheads is greatly outweighed by the pure elation I feel that I am going to see Nine Inch fucking Nails this year.

I'm happy for the folks who have festival dates working out for them but I'm glad I took the leap on the headline shows, because all of these festivals are even farther away from me in Jersey than Cleveland is! The East Coast is just a wasteland as far as festivals go. Even Panorama (which was such a great time and such a terrific show from NIN back in '17) took 2019 off to 'return in 2020' (yeesh, how'd that work out) and has been MIA since, and Governor's Ball type shit is always trying way too hard to be hip to have room for NIN (even if their lineup wasn't already announced).

Anyway, feeling pretty excited right now. See all you pigs by the stage in September!
    It sucks that Panorama never sold well across all three years, since it now won't return.

In theory, NIN would fit at Boston Calling as well, but that isn't happening this year either.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Every time NIN go on tour, they either have some new material, or have tons of setlist surprises and live debuts of unplayed stuff.
    Just saying.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I have an extra ticket for Cleveland, Thursday night, Section 5 Row T. Only looking to get what I paid the resellers. PM me if interested. If posting this is not allowed, sorry, please let me know and take this post down.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I have an extra ticket for Cleveland, Thursday night, Section 5 Row T. Only looking to get what I paid the resellers. PM me if interested. If posting this is not allowed, sorry, please let me know and take this post down.
    Oh man - If I wasn’t holding out for pit tickets on Thursday, I’d totally take you up on that and meet up with ya at the show again hahah.