Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    @spahn ... Here's your FL show!
    This....is tempting. I'd just go for that Thursday. I'm confused though, do you have to buy the GA and the VIP if you want the VIP?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think so. Hope so, anyway. To have the feeling that they are doing the festival circuit again in a sort of prep for a tour next year makes me feel less bad about missing out on all the festival dates and only focusing on the Cleveland shows.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    So we all agree that these festival dates they are doing are just the lead up to a big tour next year, right? Just like the festival dates in 2017/CBI tour in 2018?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hell yes, surely.

I'm holding out for Denver.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Do we have the nin night for Riot Fest yet?
    Nothing official...
    With all the other festival announcements today I was hoping that RiotFest would follow with the fabled day passes, but no

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @spahn ... Here's your FL show!
    I would love to go to this. Gotta see if i can make it happen... but to @magnolia point, if i do miss this, I would rather see NIN at a specific show than at a festival.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Screw it. Got the Thursday VIP pass. Obviously I'll want to see a NIN show if they tour next year, but would love to just see them live again.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    So if they play Denver next year, are we gonna have a meetup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would definitely like to know about a meet up at Welcome to Rockville. I bought tickets for Thursday.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    For anyone who’s spent a lot on other shows but interested in Rockville, they do a layaway option where it’s broken down into around 40 a month until September. Figured I’d mention it since that could help somebody out who doesn’t want to drop another $150 all at once after the past couple weeks of presale/resale craziness.

Edit: also as far as meet ups go, I’ll be seeing you all at the rail!
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 05-19-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Need to put some real thought into whether or not to do this festival. Daytona's about two hours away, and NIN is on Thursday (why?????)...just started a new job last month, can't really abuse the PTO this early. Ugh. The layaway option helps, at least.

Taking a second look at the lineup, Brass Against will be sick, Deftones is fun, but STP and Cypress Hill? Yeesh.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Interesting news about the Rockville festival. I thought they were just bookending the Cleveland dates with Riot Fest & Louder Than Life.

Since we know they'll be out in November, what other Festivals are happening later this year? Sweeterthan's tip for an Atlanta show seems very plausible since Shakey Knees takes place late October.

Has anyone gone to Rockville before? I might be tempted to sit in the A/C VIP area all afternoon until NIN comes on, but I can't imagine it would be pleasant to be out on a racetrack all day.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @FULLMETAL if I’m remembering right Rockville was always in Jacksonville prior to this so I don’t think there’s any clear idea of what the Daytona setup is going to look like. Fingers crossed we get a November more like last year than other recent years here and it’s decent weather.

Since they’re doing fests across a wider range of markets than almost anyone guessed, if ACL has a lineup this year I could see that happening. Bare minimum it raises my hopes for next year having more regional variety than what that 2019 schedule had.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    @FULLMETAL if I’m remembering right Rockville was always in Jacksonville prior to this so I don’t think there’s any clear idea of what the Daytona setup is going to look like. Fingers crossed we get a November more like last year than other recent years here and it’s decent weather.

Since they’re doing fests across a wider range of markets than almost anyone guessed, if ACL has a lineup this year I could see that happening. Bare minimum it raises my hopes for next year having more regional variety than what that 2019 schedule had.
    ACL lineup is announced 10AM CT tomorrow, 3 day tickets on sale at Noon. AMEX cardholders on sale now.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    https://welcometorockvillefestival.c...s8q42vwi07.jpg

That's the setup. I think it's gonna be chaos, but oh well. I haven't seen NIN live since the Fragility tour.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Has anyone gone to Rockville before? I might be tempted to sit in the A/C VIP area all afternoon until NIN comes on, but I can't imagine it would be pleasant to be out on a racetrack all day.
    It's going to be NICE! We're 10 min away from the beach, lots of nice breeze. It's November so it's going to be sunset sometime after 5pm. Per my friend, they don't open till a bit late in the morning so at worst you are in the sun 5-6 hours and may have some light rain. :-) But there won't be mud cuz we're in the effin' SPEEDWAY!

If any one wants to hang out, I'll be on the RAIL, hoping TR feels like flexing his setlist muscle and we don't just get the hits!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I would love to go to this. Gotta see if i can make it happen... but to @magnolia point, if i do miss this, I would rather see NIN at a specific show than at a festival.
    This would be a nice excuse to visit fam back home in FL... but come OCT gonna' be super busy, we're having a baby! I'm kinda' glad that I'm at least going to be able to catch Roit Fest and the two Cleveland shows. It'll be nice to revisit Cleveland. I lived there for like five years in the mid to late 2000s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    https://welcometorockvillefestival.c...s8q42vwi07.jpg

That's the setup. I think it's gonna be chaos, but oh well. I haven't seen NIN live since the Fragility tour.
    I would bet that Deftones will play on the opposite main stage, so no chance of seeing them if you want a good spot for NIN.

Also, you might as well skip all the afternoon stuff. Crowd is gonna be trash anyway.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Perhaps NIN is posh enough these days to make ACL *crosses fingers.
    aaaaannnnnnd as expected ACL doesn't materialize. If you're interested in the (IHMO amateur hour) lineup here you go.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    aaaaannnnnnd as expected ACL doesn't materialize. If you're interested in the (IHMO amateur hour) lineup here you go.
    Yeesh, that lineup.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Yeesh, that lineup.
    Yeah, that makes the Lollapalooza lineup look good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ACL sold out already so that means Lolla is worse.

Riot daily line up tomorrow 10amCST with single day tickets at noon. Fwiw NIN changed their tour page to show the whole fest weekend so yeah, no friday i guess for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Primavera Sound L.A. remains an option for NIN in September (as well as the second Barcelona edition in 2022)... hope those materialize.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Primavera Sound L.A. remains an option for NIN in September (as well as the second Barcelona edition in 2022)... hope those materialize.
    I don't think NIN will be performing at Primavera this year. It's on the same weekend as Riot Fest. https://www.primaverasound.com/en/ne...tponed-to-2021

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I don't think NIN will be performing at Primavera this year. It's on the same weekend as Riot Fest. https://www.primaverasound.com/en/ne...tponed-to-2021

Planes exist.

and here ya go NIN on Sunday

https://twitter.com/riotfest/status/...747573760?s=21

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    FUUUUCK. NIN playing at Riot Fest on Sunday the 19th. Makes it wayyyy more tempting to try to get to Chicago before Cleveland!

Edit: Anyone already planning to go that day should check out Melkbelly and Fever 333... both awesome.
    Last edited by magnolia; 05-21-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Also HEALTH on the same day at Riot Fest. Collaboration guaranteed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So with NIN playing in Chicago on the Sunday, it makes it much less likely they'll add a Monday date in Cleveland...

Guess it's Wednesday or bust.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    So with NIN playing in Chicago on the Sunday, it makes it much less likely they'll add a Monday date in Cleveland...

Guess it's Wednesday or bust.
    If NIN adds a third Cleveland date I will eat my shoe. It's not going to happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pfff, super tempted to buy a one day Riot Fest pass as I've never been to Chicago...

May just buy one and resell it for face value if I cannot attend.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Got my Riot Fest Sunday ticket!